Black Widow News and Speculation Thread

Do you think it’s rude if she’s called Taskmistress? Kind of suits Rachel weisz’s character I reckon

Maybe Jobmistress.

Just like Odd Job became Random Task for the Austin Powers movies. :o

Why? When the master regenerated into Michelle Gomez on Doctor Who people called her missy or the Mistress

This is random but I really want to see Yelena in this costume at some point, it's so cool. I love the multiple eyes

10418b02fda96c0aaccde6b514013b87--marvel-women-marvel-girl.jpg

This is random but I really want to see Yelena in this costume at some point, it's so cool. I love the multiple eyes

That outfit is so cool: the only way I’ll handle Yelena possibly becoming Black Widow is if she has that spider-eye mask.

Wait a minute, Fagbenle is playing Rick Mason? I know him because he was Brian Reed's Ms. Marvel run. He's the one who killed Michael Rossi, her first love.

That outfit is so cool: the only way I’ll handle Yelena possibly becoming Black Widow is if she has that spider-eye mask.
I take it you don't want a new Black Widow. :hehe:

Last edited:
I take it you don't want a new Black Widow. :hehe:

Lol was it that obvious? It’s just that Natasha was excellent, and it frustrates me that her full potential is only being unlocked now, at the end of her MCU career, possibly. And then to replace her...it’s just a little annoying, that’s all.

Lol was it that obvious? It’s just that Natasha was excellent, and it frustrates me that her full potential is only being unlocked now, at the end of her MCU career, possibly. And then to replace her...it’s just a little annoying, that’s all.
No I get what you're saying and I agree that if feels too late for a Black Widow solo, but personally knowing that this movie could be used to introduce a future key character makes me more interested in it.

How exactly is it too late when the charactees popularity is at an all time high? She was a standout in endgame and marvel couldnt greenlight her movie sooner because of perlmutter.

There is no such thing as too late for a black widow movie. If the movie is great thats all that is needed. Good movies help the genre survive.

It feels too late because fans (not me, to be quite honest) have been asking for a Black Widow movie for years and they're only getting one now that Natasha is dead.

And that's why, I believe, Marvel wouldn't be making this movie if it didn't serve a greater purpose, which in this case means introducing the next Black Widow.

It feels too late because fans (not me, to be quite honest) have been asking for a Black Widow movie for years and they're only getting one now that Natasha is dead.

And that's why, I believe, Marvel wouldn't be making this movie if it didn't serve a greater purpose, which in this case means introducing the next Black Widow.
If the movie itself is great then its not unnecessary. Thats enough to exist. Its been described as a grounded spy thriller. The genre doesnt does many of those. Thats reason enough to exist. And fans asking it for years should know by now why this couldnt have been made 5 years ago and stop repeating that complaint.

If the movie itself is great then its not unnecessary. Thats enough to exist. Its been described as a grounded spy thriller. The genre doesnt does many of those. Thats reason enough to exist. And fans asking it for years should know by now why this couldnt have been made 5 years ago and stop repeating that complaint.
You do realize that when I criticize Marvel for not making this movie earlier, I'm automatically also criticizing Perlmutter, right? Kevin Feige is not synonymous with Marvel.

As for the "it couldn't have been made 5 years ago"... yeah, it's been a while since Feige got rid of Perlmutter, hasn't it? Something tells me that if he had wanted to make a Black Widow movie before the end of Phase 3 he could have. But he chose not to and people have the right to think it was a mistake (not me, I don't care).

Last edited:

I love this. Need to see it in action.

You do realize that when I criticize Marvel for not making this movie earlier, I'm automatically also criticizing Perlmutter, right? Kevin Feige is not synonymous with Marvel.

As for the "it couldn't have been made 5 years ago"... yeah, it's been a while since Feige got rid of Perlmutter, hasn't it? Something tells me that if he had wanted to make a Black Widow movie before the end of Phase 3 he could have. But he chose not to and people have the right to think it was a mistake (not me, I don't care).
Wrong. Feige got rid of perlmutter in early 2016. The entire phase 3 was planned with release dates. Marvel had already added ant-man 2 and spider-man per sony request. The dates were locked so the absence of a black widow movie is entirely up to perlmutter, not Feige. Its pretty freaking evident how the diversity and reprsentation in phase3 and 4 has increased under feige so there is no question whose decision was to hold the movie until now.

Like i said, people cant use that excuse anymore. Eternals has literally the most diverse cast ever in a cbm and you think feige didnt want to make a bw movie sooner?

Wait a minute, Fagbenle is playing Rick Mason? I know him because he was Brian Reed's Ms. Marvel run. He's the one who killed Michael Rossi, her first love.
That's a reference I had completely forgotten about. But he's a good character to borrow to use in a spy-focused movie.

Marvel had already added ant-man 2 and spider-man per sony request.
Yeah, that's three movies. Feige added three whole movies to Phase 3 that weren't originally planned, but sure, he couldn't have found a spot for Black Widow if he had wanted.

And please stop bringing up diversity, no one here is accusing Feige of misogyny.

That's a reference I had completely forgotten about. But he's a good character to borrow to use in a spy-focused movie.
I only remember it because I've re-read Reed's run in preparation for Captain Marvel. My memory is not that good, lol

Lol, that's fair.

If I do things right, I'll be reading at least through Brian Reid's run for the second Captain Marvel movie (ideally KSD's run as well). I wanted to make sure I read Carol's stuff in Claremont's X-Men first but that is seemingly taking care of itself because I'm re-reading all of Claremont through the Demon Bear Saga on the off chance that New Mutants actually comes out in March.

Oh lord, he’s tall, bearded and in a marvel film. The gays are going to be all over this

Maybe I'm reading too much into that picture but isn't that fur covering the left side of his chest? According to IMDB he's playing "Muscular Gulag Inmate" (lol) but what if he's playing Ursa Major?

EAAX-OVU8AE0d7L

Last edited:
That would make sense. Though that kind of super powered being would maybe tip things more into the super hero/super powered realm and less in the spy thriller world.

Though that kind of super powered being would maybe tip things more into the super hero/super powered realm and less in the spy thriller world.
That's true

On second thought, he probably is just playing Muscular Gulag Inmate. Sometimes a minor character is just a minor character. Like Dimitri in Far From Home.

Yeah, that's three movies. Feige added three whole movies to Phase 3 that weren't originally planned, but sure, he couldn't have found a spot for Black Widow if he had wanted.

And please stop bringing up diversity, no one here is accusing Feige of misogyny.

I only remember it because I've re-read Reed's run in preparation for Captain Marvel. My memory is not that good, lol
Please explain to me how Spider-man and Ant-man 2= 3 movies?

Let me say it once more time and please pay attention. Both movies were added in 2015 when Feige was still under Perlmutter. Wit the addition of those 2 movies each year from 217 to 2019 which marked the end of Phase 3 had 3 movies. So Feige couldn't add a Black Widow movie because that would increase the number of the MCU movies in a year to 4. Marvel doesn't do that. Mainly because Disney wants some great spots for their other blockbusters and because Feige isn't sure if they could pull off 4 movies per year.

There is no way that BW could be part of Phase 3 due to the circumstances i explained. Every additional MCU movie was added in 2015 during the Perlmutter era and Phase 3 was locked at this moment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"