• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Black Widow News and Speculation Thread

still think; the helmet should’ve looked more like a skull. Not just the jaw

so OT's character is going to end up being Taskmaster isn't he?

depending on leaks - yes.
But if you rely on leaks then
Professor X, Magneto, Mr. Fantastic, Mephisto, Nightmare and Wonder Man would’ve appeared in WandaVision

depending on leaks - yes.
But if you rely on leaks then
Professor X, Magneto, Mr. Fantastic, Mephisto, Nightmare and Wonder Man would’ve appeared in WandaVision

I never thought any of that. While I didn't think that Evan Peters was actually Fox X Men Quicksilver, I did think he was Jimmy Woo's missing witness. I thought that Agnes was Agatha Harkness and that Hayward was more like Thunderbolt Ross. Those were my main theories.

I don't need any more marketing for this film, but things have been so quiet. i hope it does well when it releases and hopefully things are much better by then

Yeah, hope SJ's only solo does well. She's given a lot to the MCU. Also I want Pugh to start in the MCU with a bang.

I don't need any more marketing for this film, but things have been so quiet. i hope it does well when it releases and hopefully things are much better by then
It will be out during the NBA playoffs so I expect ESPN to run some tv spots to get the word out.

Movie theaters opened up in my area so hopefully they stay open all the way through the release. Shang Chi comes out 2 months after this so Marvel may run spots for both.

I haven't checked release schedules, but I'd imagine they're less crowded right now. Black Widow might not make a huge opening weekend numbers, but I would think they'd also have some breathing room to continue to make money for a few weeks.

It will be out during the NBA playoffs so I expect ESPN to run some tv spots to get the word out.

Movie theaters opened up in my area so hopefully they stay open all the way through the release. Shang Chi comes out 2 months after this so Marvel may run spots for both.
March Madness more importantly. NBA playoffs start late this year, not until late May.

I haven't checked release schedules, but I'd imagine they're less crowded right now. Black Widow might not make a huge opening weekend numbers, but I would think they'd also have some breathing room to continue to make money for a few weeks.

That's the thing right now. Movies are going to be in theaters a lot longer than they probably would have before.

I would think that Marvel would air trailers for this and Shang Chi within the next five weeks while The Falcon and the Winter Soldier is on the air with new episodes.

Opening Day in Major League Baseball is coming up a week from Thursday and ESPN is a partner in Major League Baseball. I would think that Marvel would consider airing stuff for Black Widow and Shang Chi around that time. It would be a smart move. ESPN also has games on opening weekend.

I just saw on CNBC that they're saying that they are going to release it on Disney Plus unless they got it wrong.

I'm going to have to brave the theaters for this one unless we get another massive Spike.

So with BW taking over the July spot, we think all the movies are all gonna shift or are they simply gonna move Shang-Chi to next year? I imagine they are gonna keep Eternals in November given all the Oscar buzz Chlole Zhao is getting this year.

So with BW taking over the July spot, we think all the movies are all gonna shift or are they simply gonna move Shang-Chi to next year? I imagine they are gonna keep Eternals in November given all the Oscar buzz Chlole Zhao is getting this year.
Shang-Chi has been pushed to September. Strictly a theatrical release as of now

Depending on the reviews, I’ll either see this in the middle of the week at a local theater or I’ll wait two months for it to be on Disney+ for free.

Why push it back AND release on D+?

My guess is to maximize profits as much as possible. I imagine even by July, there will still be a lot of people hesitant to visits theatres. Meanwhile there's already a lot of people now that have no issues going to the theatre, so by July I imagine that group will grow more with the vaccines rolling out to more people.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"