• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Black Widow News and Speculation Thread

I don't mind Marvel doing stuff like that typically but Tasky could be better served, that's a fun character that's gotten a lot of love in comics in ways most of the other swerve/swap adapted villains don't have. I loved his bromance and banter with Black Ant in recent years, they're a funny duo.

A character like the Mandarin? I get why they did it. Ghost being a misunderstood anti-hero, that did less for me but I didn't mind the gender swap or visual design at all. Taskmaster is malleable but he's got a lot of fun personality to him it'd be a shame to lose it and have it just be a bleh one-off.

I was generally okay with the handling of Mandarin, given the potentially racially-insensitive implications of the character.

That's part of the reason why I believe Tony Leung's version won't be a straight-up villain. There would be too much Asian country backlash if he was.

Taskmaster... if this big change is true, there was really no reason to justify it.

I can certainly understand why long term fans would be upset about the rumored changes to Taskmaster.
But, I don t think general audiences know enough about the character to really care.

I can certainly understand why long term fans would be upset about the rumored changes to Taskmaster.
But, I don t think general audiences know enough about the character to really care.

Yeah general audiences definitely won't care, and they're the ones that matter the most.

The biggest thing that could sink this character for mainstream audiences is the supposed possibility that this is a 'lackluster' villain. A 'one and done' throwaway character.

Yeah general audiences definitely won't care, and they're the ones that matter the most.

The biggest thing that could sink this character for mainstream audiences is the supposed possibility that this is a 'lackluster' villain. A 'one and done' throwaway character.
I cannot confirm anything.
But there have been rumors out there for awhile that Taskmaster survives the film.
If true, it would appear that Marvel does not plan to throw away the character.

Could it be that Taskmaster is female? I think it is to obvious that O.T. will be Taskmaster. Now that it's official that Olga Kurylenko has a secret role in Black Widow I think she will be the Taskmaster.

Olga Kurylenko Has A Secret Role in Marvel's 'Black Widow' -

Well if the recent reddit leak about Taskmaster is true, this user I quoted above in the spoiler called it in April lol.

In any case, even as a fan of the character I don't really mind it. Yea it may deviate from the comics but I'll wait to see the movie before fully judging it.

Last edited:

Well if the recent reddit leak about Taskmaster is true, this user I quoted above in the spoiler called it in April lol.

In any case, even as a fan of the character I don't really mind it. Yea it may deviate from the comics but I'll wait to see the movie before fully judging it.

Another rumor I have heard is that:

Olga is Nat's biological mother who passed away when Nat was super young and was adopted by Alexei and Melina

I like the actress that you guys are mentioning. Heck, I would have preferred her as WW instead of Gadot.

We'll see how the 'twist' is generally received. I hope TM isn't a lackluster villain.

Even if it goes over poorly, it's not a bad thing. Marvel has had so many consistent wins lately. Sometimes a misfire could encourage a better effort next time around.

Yeah audiences didn't care when Fox messed up Deadpool with X-men Origins.

It's because they didn't know what they were missing.

It doesn't make it right.

I'll give Marvel Studios a pass because this is essentially the beginning of the new saga and those slowly build toward something great. But Taskmaster is a top 5 super-villain for me so it sucks they wasted this opportunity to blow away crowds like Killmonger, Thanos or even Loki.

Well if the rumor is true, it will certainly give the Anti-Marvel pockets of the internet (and this board), a lot to run with.

But after the heights of the Infinity Saga, and IW/Endgame, I'm satisfied.

Anything we're getting now is really just an added bonus, IMO.

Marvel Studios has had a lot more villain hits than misses lately so hoping for the best on Tasky and this movie in general. :up:

I can see why Taskmaster might not be one of the better MCU villains but I'm hoping for more Iron Monger or at least Darren Cross and less Kaecilius or Whiplash.

But the movie is only a little over two hours and it's more about Natasha, her story and her family so I can see how Taskmaster might not get a ton of focus. I wouldn't be surprised if we've seen chunks of every scene they're in too.

Well if the rumor is true, it will certainly give the Anti-Marvel pockets of the internet (and this board), a lot to run with.

But after the heights of the Infinity Saga, and IW/Endgame, I'm satisfied.

Anything we're getting now is really just an added bonus, IMO.
POSITIVITY!

For most of the time, it is going to be a stunt person in that costume.

After Ultron, Red Skull, Klaw, etc... - Tasky ending up as an underwhelming villain won't surprise me. Marvel Studios handle their heroes way better than their villains.

After Ultron, Red Skull, Klaw, etc... - Tasky ending up as an underwhelming villain won't surprise me. Marvel Studios handle their heroes way better than their villains.
They definitely handle heroes much better and the villains started off pretty bad. But there have been some good improvements with Ego, Hela, Thanos & Killmonger and from earlier Loki & Winter Soldier. Also of course it's a different creator each time.

They definitely handle heroes much better and the villains started off pretty bad. But there have been some good improvements with Ego, Hela, Thanos & Killmonger and from earlier Loki & Winter Soldier. Also of course it's a different creator each time.

I started thinking they had turned the corner after the 1-2 punch of Killmonger and Thanos, but alas, then we got Yon-Rogg, Tyler Hayward and Karli Morgenthau...

Marvel Studios has had a lot more villain hits than misses lately so hoping for the best on Tasky and this movie in general. :up:

I dunno about that one. I mean sure, we got Vulture, Killmonger and Thanos, but then we also got Ghost, Yon-Rogg, Tyler Hayward and Karli Morgenthau...

I started thinking they had turned the corner after the 1-2 punch of Killmonger and Thanos, but alas, then we got Yon-Rogg, Tyler Hayward and Karli Morgenthau...
The shows have yet to get this aspect right. Hayward was a 3/10 for me and Karli a 1.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"