Sequels Black Widow To Take Mjolnir? [Theory]

GingerNinja707

Civilian
Reaction score
Is Black Widow To Take Mjolnir?

There's a theory I've seen on a couple of Youtube videos and news polls all around the internet. In Avengers, Age of Ultron, all of the Avengers try to lift Thors hammer, but none are successful. They all give it a go, except for Black Widow, who responds with:

Natasha Romanoff: That's not a question I need answered.

Is the real reason she doesn't want to lift the hammer because she knows she's worthy? If so, could the mantle of Thor be taken over by Black Widow, such as it was taken over by Jane Foster in the comics.

http://uproxx.com/hitfix/theory-the...ick-up-thors-hammer-in-age-of-ultron-trailer/
https://www.quora.com/Is-Black-Wido...her-Avengers-that-makes-her-worthy-of-Mjolnir
http://comicbook.com/2014/10/30/black-widow-didnt-try-to-lift-thors-hammer-in-avengers-age-of-ul/

I, for one really do not understand the obsession of fans wanting other characters especially Cap to lift Mjolnir in Infinity War.

I love Cap, but as much as I love Cap, I really do not him or Black Widow or other characters to lift Mjolnir, it is like taking away what makes Thor special.

I always believe each Marvel characters have their own uniqness, and with Thor case, i believe it is Mjolnir, and as big Thor fan, i am not quite like of idea other characters lifting/taking Thor's specialness.

I, for one really do not understand the obsession of fans wanting other characters especially Cap to lift Mjolnir in Infinity War.

I love Cap, but as much as I love Cap, I really do not him or Black Widow or other characters to lift Mjolnir, it is like taking away what makes Thor special.

I always believe each Marvel characters have their own uniqness, and with Thor case, i believe it is Mjolnir, and as big Thor fan, i am not quite like of idea other characters lifting/taking Thor's specialness.

Vision already took the shine away from lifting Thor's hammer, his next hammer probably won't even have an enchantment.

I'm not even going to comment on the OP because, with all respect... That all sounds incredibly dumb to my ears.

As for others lifting the hammer... I think Whedon goofed with Vision lifting it. I think long time readers of Marvel Comics wanted to see Steve lift it since his "worthiness" was established in the books, and it would have made for a great moment on film if all seemed loss and out of desperation Cap instinctively reaches for the hammer and he can lift it. Alas... T'was not to be. But long time fans wanted to see it since it illustrates the "noble warrior's bond" that unites Cap and Thor. I don't feel it takes away from Thor that Cap can lift the hammer. Rather it shows Thor's deep connection to another character, as well as giving the reader/viewer a rationalization as to why a "God" is willing to follow a mortal, even unto death.

But long time fans wanted to see it since it illustrates the "noble warrior's bond" that unites Cap and Thor.

I think there's yet wiggle room for that moment but you're right.

Is the real reason she doesn't want to lift the hammer because she knows she's worthy? If so, could the mantle of Thor be taken over by Black Widow, such as it was taken over by Jane Foster in the comics.

With all she's done in her life, both good and bad, how could she think she is worthy?

Especially when capt america, made it twitch at least..

Vision already took the shine away from lifting Thor's hammer, his next hammer probably won't even have an enchantment.

That's assuming he gets a replacement made!

^What a difference a couple days make.

I'm not even going to comment on the OP because, with all respect... That all sounds incredibly dumb to my ears.

As for others lifting the hammer... I think Whedon goofed with Vision lifting it. I think long time readers of Marvel Comics wanted to see Steve lift it since his "worthiness" was established in the books, and it would have made for a great moment on film if all seemed loss and out of desperation Cap instinctively reaches for the hammer and he can lift it. Alas... T'was not to be. But long time fans wanted to see it since it illustrates the "noble warrior's bond" that unites Cap and Thor. I don't feel it takes away from Thor that Cap can lift the hammer. Rather it shows Thor's deep connection to another character, as well as giving the reader/viewer a rationalization as to why a "God" is willing to follow a mortal, even unto death.

The Vision gag was funny but wasted a potentially huge MCU moment.

Rocket the Raccoon in Infinity War part 2 is more probable of doing that now taking that Stormbreaker is made out of Groot and he is a animal.

Captain America also should happen.

Yes the Vision moment was funny but vission then used the hammer against Ultron.

I was ticked with Vision lifting it too, but I won't put the blame on Whedon. This time I will put the blame on Fiege who should have had a tighter rein on Whedon to begin with. But, at the same time, this mistake to allow Whedon to do whatever he wanted (which was more or less, nerds are winners, jocks are losers) woke them up to not let the same mistake happen again, and since then, they have produced quality films that did not polarize most fans and casual audiences.

I was ticked with Vision lifting it too, but I won't put the blame on Whedon. This time I will put the blame on Fiege who should have had a tighter rein on Whedon to begin with. But, at the same time, this mistake to allow Whedon to do whatever he wanted (which was more or less, nerds are winners, jocks are losers) woke them up to not let the same mistake happen again, and since then, they have produced quality films that did not polarize most fans and casual audiences.

giphy.gif

So has anyone ever given a reason why Vision was able to lift Mjolnir? Was it supposed to be because he was worthy, or because he was machine?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"