R_Hythlodeus

Nerd Supreme
Reaction score
from the mainpage:
Black Widow Solo Film in Discussion

by Silas Lesnick
Sep 22nd, 2010

"[We've] begun putting together concepts, but The Avengers comes first"
Marvel Studios head Kevin Feige has confirmed that discussions are already in the works to have Scarlett Johansson reprise her role as Natasha Romanoff in a Black Widow spinoff film, though the project will take a backburner while The Avengers is in development.

"We've already started discussions with Scarlett about the idea of a solo movie and have begun putting together concepts," said Feige in a press conference for the Iron Man 2 Blu-ray/DVD today, "but 'The Avengers' comes first."
Johansson is reprising her role as the character in the ensemble film, heading into production with Joss Whedon at the helm and planned for a summer 2012 release.
blackwidowsolofilm.jpg

I may be in the minority but I though Johannson was bad in the role, so I wouldnt wanna see a solo film

I agree. A wouldn't be opposed to a solo film after a recast

Marvel really needs to start banking in on their superheroine's and giving them their due. It's a shame most of them are being relegated to sideline characters when a good portion of them could carry their own movies.

We need to get some shake-ups in these movies. A Black Widow, or any other Marvel woman, lead movie would be a refreshing take from the typical male lead superhero movies we're getting at this point.

Don't comeback with that whole "This will be Catwoman/Elekra all over again" thing. Those movies flopped because they were awfully written and directed. If a movie has good writing, direction, and plot it's going to sell no matter if the lead is a woman.

I say go for the Black Widow solo movie. She's had some great runs in the comic's and it could totally be a cool James Bond/spy-esque type movie. Something a little different from what we're getting now!

I honestly dont know many female Marvel heroes that would be good for the solo film treatment.

Non-news really. They probably do this with everyone they cast.

Would rather see her in a SHIELD spin-off movie.

Marvel really needs to start banking in on their superheroine's and giving them their due. It's a shame most of them are being relegated to sideline characters when a good portion of them could carry their own movies.

We need to get some shake-ups in these movies. A Black Widow, or any other Marvel woman, lead movie would be a refreshing take from the typical male lead superhero movies we're getting at this point.

Don't comeback with that whole "This will be Catwoman/Elekra all over again" thing. Those movies flopped because they were awfully written and directed. If a movie has good writing, direction, and plot it's going to sell no matter if the lead is a woman.

I say go for the Black Widow solo movie. She's had some great runs in the comic's and it could totally be a cool James Bond/spy-esque type movie. Something a little different from what we're getting now!
I agree with you. I thought Scarlet was good as BW....and a smaller scale spy movie would be a good way to continue her character. Everything doesn't have to be geared toward a giant spectacle.

I wouldn't opposed to a Black Widow movie, if done right and not get the Catwoman/Elektra treatment.

While I liked IRON MAN 2, I was disappointed with Black Widow’s role in the film. Black Widow is one of my favourite Marvel characters, and I thought Scarlett Johansson did a good job in what was an unfortunately limited role. A solo film will hopefully fully complete her journey to a fully rounded character, if Joss Whedon's AVENGERS hasn’t done so by then.

The question is if they're going to approach David Hayter again about BLACK WIDOW. They could still use his old script if they wanted to make it a prequel.

They should just make a relatively low budget spy movie. They wouldn't need that many special effects to pull off a character like Black Widow. I don't really have an opinion on Scarlet either way, but I do definitely think that Marvel Studios needs to break the mold and give us a good super heroine film already.

Didn't David Hayter make a Black Widow script way back?

I agree, a Black Widow movie doesn't need to be this mid-summer tent pole block buster.

Make it relatively cheap and release it in March or September.

^With a 110 million dollar budget it made: $279,637,044

So not bad more than twice it's budget.

I personally think an Alias/ Nikkita type of film would rock in the Marvel U. but that's just me.

If the story is good and the director knows what he is doing, why not?

I love Scarlett and I liked her as The Black Widow (though its a shame she wasnt given a bigger role so shed have more to work with), but a solo movie? Come on! They will soon decide to do spin offs for Hawkeye, Fury or even Agent Phil Coulson lol!

I believe these spin offs destroy many characters! Whenever theres a superhero movie these days, producers just go nuts on doing spin offs for each and every one!:doh:

Keep her on The Avengers movie & even on Iron Man 3 and give her a bigger role ffs!~

I've wanted a Nick Fury movie since the 60's. I know others on here would like to have a Hawkeye movie. Spin offs are not necessarily a bad thing.

I'm pretty sure Renner would be in this too along with SLJ. It's probably going to be the planned SHIELD movie.

I've wanted a Nick Fury movie since the 60's. I know others on here would like to have a Hawkeye movie. Spin offs are not necessarily a bad thing.

I think they're doing a Nick Fury movie....or a S.H.E.I.L.D...maybe both? I heard something like that not too long ago.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"