DC Films Blue Beetle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well there it is!! HBO Max carving out its own little section of the DCEU… I see you.

This is a gifted young actor, I remember watching him in Parenthood like ten years ago. He’s only gotten better. Perfect casting.

Going by his name and most recent picture, I was going to say I never heard of him. Then I saw he was on Parenthood for a few seasons and it really drove home how long that show has been off the air. :eek:

I love him on Cobra Kai but it didn’t connect with me that he was the kid on Parenthood! He was the one that Erica Christensen’s character adopted/fostered?

Man I miss that show. Thankfully This is Us has taken over that void.

What a wild 24 hours. To go from not knowing if you’ve gotten the role, to getting the role, to walking a red carpet celebrating that you’ve gotten the role.

Super excited to see him, I wonder if Ted Kord will show up.

Super excited to see him, I wonder if Ted Kord will show up.
As a Puerto Rican I can't help but be happy a Latino super hero is making it to the big time...

As an old school comic nerd... Welp there's also some disappointment that this probably means Teb will not be showing up on the big screen anytime soon.

I would KILL to see a live action version of Jaimie and Ted. A series of movies or a show about the passing of the torch where both of them co-Headline...

But I also get the issues with that.

Glad to see the Xolo fan cast actually happened! He'll do great no doubt. It does make me wonder who else might've been up for the role though.

The only thing I'm worried about now is an actual good movie and the studio not screwing anything up.

Love Cobra Kai, and Miguel is one of my favorite characters on the show.

I thought he would have made a pretty good Robin, but I'm happy he's got the Blue Beetle part.

8c14a5c14ca1621f5dddbc1e45216e9ed13490ac.gifv
tumblr_pqx4j7B4UN1qisuk1o1_250.gifv

MmKvIIr6n.gif

Nothing against the actor, I like him on Cobra Kai. Film however does not really interest me at all. Not my version of Blue Beetle.

Considering the legacy nature of the character/how Jaime came to be Blue Beetle, are we thinking Ted Kord has a role in this? Any casting suggestions?

I tend to like avoiding actors who’ve already done the superhero gig, but that’s a rapidly narrowing group, and honestly the top choice in my mind is Joseph Gordon Levitt.

Considering the legacy nature of the character/how Jaime came to be Blue Beetle, are we thinking Ted Kord has a role in this? Any casting suggestions?

I tend to like avoiding actors who’ve already done the superhero gig, but that’s a rapidly narrowing group, and honestly the top choice in my mind is Joseph Gordon Levitt.

Yeah, I think there will be some 'back-story' for TK yep and the 'mantle-passing' as such. Regards casting, it's a tough one, and as you say the 'prospective pool of talent' is shrinking....

I’ve always envisioned Adam Scott as Ted Kord

I think Adam & Xolo would have some good chemistry, much like Johnny & Miguel in Cobra Kai lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"