DC Films Blue Beetle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Always so awesome when fan casting becomes reality.

Definitely is an awesome feeling seeing someone you want actually get the role!

Anyone have any Blue Beetle reading suggestions?

For Jaime Reyes, definitely:

Infinite Crisis #1-7 (First appears in issue 3, his debut)
Blue Beetle Vol. 7 1-36
Teen Titans Vol. 3 50-83
Justice League: Generation Lost 1-24 (first appears in 2nd issue)
Injustice 2 1-36 (first appears in issue 5)

those are the most memorable but if I had to pick just one, it’d be Blue Beetle Vol 7! Really good series! His other two solo books (New 52 and Rebirth aren’t as good IMO).

Concept art.

4dv0ah4mzut71.png

Hey, strongly implying that the Ted Kord version also exists/existed. I approve.
I like it too :)
Kord just has to be there.
I guess it's going to be a supporting or minor character. Played by a name actor.

Whoa I totally missed that Miguel from Cobra Kai was cast as Blue Beetle! I even saw part of the Fandome panel yesterday but I didn’t recognize him haha. Really excited about this; love him on CK.

I’ll be curious to see if the costume will be CG or if any of that can be done practically.

Getting really excited! Hopefully we get some casting announcements soon! Wonder who the villain will be and since it seems like the DCEU is back to connecting things, where this will lead to (Teen Titans/Young Justice or Justice League 2 hopefully).

Interested to know the reasoning behind the shift.

Probably to beef up their 2023 slate! They also probably saw the online calls for it to be theatrical, being that it is the first Latino led superhero film

Very cool to hear. I wonder if Batgirl will be next.

Do we have a release date yet? And who should be the villain?

August 18, 2023 is the official release date

As for villain, Black Beetle, The Reach or La Dama (and her posse) would be my top picks

I seriously love this character and I’m not exactly sure why. He’s just got a great design and a good personality. He doesn’t have many great villains and I don’t really care for his supporting cast beyond other heroes like Booster and Ted but I am really excited for this.

First saw Xolo on Parenthood, he was great even as a kid. Perfect casting. This is an example of WB listening to fans, he was the number 1 fan cast for this.

I can’t wait for a suit reveal! Blue Beetle has a really cool look and first impressions count, especially for lesser known characters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"