DC Films Blue Beetle

Status
Not open for further replies.
And just like that DC Movie Verse back on my radar again!
Although unless this is in their same Superman, Wonder Woman, Batman, Flash Universe, it's somewhat meaningless (or at least feels like a bit of slight if it's just a stand alone.
I haven't been keeping up, so I am honestly at a loss where the building of their Movie verse (if there is such a thing) stands?
Still looking forward to see where this lands. Love Jaime Reyes character.

Last edited:
And just like that DC Movie Verse back on my radar again!
Although unless this is in their same Superman, Wonder Woman, Batman, Flash Universe, it's somewhat meaningless (or at least feels like a bit of slight if it's just a stand alone.
I haven't been keeping up, so I am honestly at a loss where the building of their Movie verse (if there is such a thing) stands?
Still looking forward to see where this lands. Love Jaime Reyes character.

dont think they care that much about it.The CW verse is going strong potentially becoming more important even, hbo max will have separate universe shows and dceu shows. Stuff like Static if it happens might be its own thing etc.

dont think they care that much about it.The CW verse is going strong potentially becoming more important even, hbo max will have separate universe shows and dceu shows. Stuff like Static if it happens might be its own thing etc.
Yeah that's a very different scenario, DC doesn't own Static (never did) , they just licence right to publish (and had a the animated licence) from creators and owners Milestone (after McDuffies passing, now Milestone 2.0) who fully own and manage it. A Static movie would require it's own movie licence, which is separate from publishing (to my understanding) , while they'd likley get first bid, don't know that DC/WB has even acquired the rights and Static could still land anywhere, and more than likley be stand alone.

Blue Beetle (Jaime Reyes), however is fully owned by and created under DC(by extension WB). And while there is more than enough to the character to be a stand alone movie.
I really do want to see him as part of an existing DC Movie/or/Streaming Live Action verse . Either through JL or Titans, I hope he can exist and interact with them as part of a greater live action DC universe. And not just be stand alone.

What form that will take? I'm at a complete loss as to what they are building towards? And where (if at all) Jaime Reyes might fit?

I just hope he does!

Curious to see what Soto (director) , and Dunnet-Alcocer (who wrote the script) have put together.

Last edited:
Finally, the character has a lot of potential.

Best news I’ve heard in a while! Love Jaime Reyes! Just like that DC pulls me back in

I’m really happy for fans of the character, and I sincerely want this movie to do well, but...why is WB worried about Blue Beetle and not (as far as we know) Superman? They need to get it together.

But again - super happy for all the folks who’ve been waiting years and years for this to finally happen. And I can’t complain too much about a POC superhero getting a chance to shine. :)

Last edited:
I’m really happy for fans of the character, and I sincerely want this movie to do well, but...why is WB worried about Blue Beetle and not (as far as we know) Superman? They need to get it together.

But again - super happy for all the folks who’ve been waiting years and years for this to finally happen. And I can’t complain too much about a POC superhero getting a chance to shine. :)
Its WB, that's why. Just gotta take the good news when you can get it.

A Latino hero will bring in a huge market for them which almost guarantees success plus I imagine a Blue Beetle film will be a film they can make for Shazam level budget.

With regards to Superman, just because we aren’t hearing anything doesn’t mean there aren’t plans. Plus look at the two most recent announcements, Supergirl & Blue Beetle, they seemingly came from nowhere. After hearing they were developing scripts for both 2-3 years ago it had been quiet until recently. If we get a Superman announcement at some point I reckon that will seemingly come from nowhere too.

This has caught my attention. Also echo the sentiments about Xolo. He'd be perfect! :up:

A Latino hero will bring in a huge market for them which almost guarantees success plus I imagine a Blue Beetle film will be a film they can make for Shazam level budget.

I don’t doubt it.

With regards to Superman, just because we aren’t hearing anything doesn’t mean there aren’t plans. Plus look at the two most recent announcements, Supergirl & Blue Beetle, they seemingly came from nowhere. After hearing they were developing scripts for both 2-3 years ago it had been quiet until recently. If we get a Superman announcement at some point I reckon that will seemingly come from nowhere too.

Yeah, I said as much. Time will tell. In the meantime, I wish Beetle all the success in the world.

Thats great. Hopefully they do him justice. The entire invasion storyline has so much to work with.

Happy to see Jamie finally hit the big screen. Haven't heard of this director before but his film Charm City Kings is available on HBO Max.

I don’t doubt it.

Yeah, I said as much. Time will tell. In the meantime, I wish Beetle all the success in the world.

Oh hope you don’t think I thought you were against this movie. I was just saying why they would pursue with Beetle ASAP.

It is annoying as a Superman fan, especially when he ends up in limbo as it seems to happen after just about every solo film. What annoys me most is WB don’t seem to know what to do with him but everybody else does. They make hard work of Superman films when really they should be a doddle.

I am Puerto Rican so... Love a high profile project with a Hispanic lead but...

I'm just sad this means no Ted Kord version.

If anything I would love to see BOTH in live action and knowing that Jaimie has his fans I thought that a mentor student thing was the way to go. Still have the Scarab attached to Jaimie and only work for him but have Ted be the one to give it to him and train him while operating as the Classic styled JLI BB.

But... I get the issues with that. "Can non-White super heroes only ever function as students to White ones?"

I get it.

Which would factor into Ted not being used.

(Sigh)

Oh hope you don’t think I thought you were against this movie. I was just saying why they would pursue with Beetle ASAP.

It is annoying as a Superman fan, especially when he ends up in limbo as it seems to happen after just about every solo film. What annoys me most is WB don’t seem to know what to do with him but everybody else does. They make hard work of Superman films when really they should be a doddle.
Well said. They are wasting the greatest superhero of all time during the biggest era of superhero films ever. It's a crime.

Well said. They are wasting the greatest superhero of all time during the biggest era of superhero films ever. It's a crime.

JJ Abrams is on Superman and is deciding whether or not he wants to continue with Cavill, or do his own thing ala The Batman.

Being fair, you could do a movie that starts with Jaime Reyes, while also having the idea of Blue Beetle as a legacy with prior characters holding the title. First obvious thought: the Blue Beetle is a famous hero, known for adventures, hijinks, and sadly for having died saving the day. Jaime is a big fan. Then Jaime finds via some chance a mysterious scarab medallion that belonged to his hero, and que origin story. You can have the Ted Kord BB show up in flashbacks, and not even necessarily only flashbacks. Just because he's believed to be dead doesn't mean he actually is. . . and since Kord isn't dependent on the scarab, its not even like one excludes the other.

( Random idea: Ted inherited the scarab from the prior BB, who gained some powers from it, but Ted could never get it to work properly. However, studying it *did* help him advance his technological skills, and thus indirectly act as a source for his science gadgeteer "powers". Jaime, meanwhile, is the first person in the legacy to actually get the thing to fully turn on, thus why Dan Garrett got a suite of physical buffs, Ted Kord got an unpredictable alien gadget to crib notes from, and Jaime got a shapeshifting suit of armor. )

I love the idea of Ted being in this as sort of a mentor role and that he is/was Blue Beetle still

Kinda similar to Ant-Man in which you’ve got both Hank and Scott

Lol the DC short included in Part 2 of Batman: The Long Halloween pays homage to the 60's Spider-Man cartoon mixed with the 60's Batman tv series.

It features Ted Kord and The Question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"