Blumhouse and James Wan to bring us M3gan

Between this and the Child's Play remake, AI dolls seem like they're gonna become the next creepy thing.

It's from the director of Housebound?! Love that film. 'Bout time he made a new film.

Chucky - “Look at this foul-mouthed little ginger doll”

Brams - “Look at this pale, sickly-looking rich kid doll”

M3gan - “Look at this doll of Elizabeth Olsen in heavy eyeliner who seems to be contemplating stealing your man”

That doll is terrifying because of how real it looks. I would be terrified if I ever had a child that wanted that thing to be in my house.

M3gan - “Look at this doll of Elizabeth Olsen in heavy eyeliner who seems to be contemplating stealing your man”
Exactly the first thing that popped into my mind when I saw the poster. The resemblance is uncanny. :funny:

Really looks like that thing is staring at you. :csad:

Megan Footage Reaction: Allison Williams Battles A Creepy Doll [CinemaCon 2022]

Allison Williams came out on stage to help introduce "M3GAN" and, per her account, she's a robot who starts out friendly but then, as with any good horror movie, things go wrong. As for the footage, it kicks off with Williams' character and her niece living together. We come to learn that the niece's parents died, leaving Williams to take care of this little girl. Then the interesting wrinkle is thrown into the mix as we learn that Williams' character has designed a little robot called Megan, whose goal is to protect her young niece named Katie from harm. What could possibly go wrong?

The doll is unsettling, looking a bit like an Olsen twin with a deranged twist. The young Katie and this doll seem to be getting along well in a montage of footage, building emotional connections with one another. "She's the happiest she's been since her parents died," we hear. Things get a little interesting, though, when a bully in the woods attacks Katie. Doing her job, Megan gets down on all fours and chases the kid out into the street, where it appears as though he gets hit by a car. Whoops.

"I won't let anything harm you," the robot tells Katie.

Naturally, Williams wants to shut Megan down but that probably isn't going to work out. Megan is seen dancing and flipping through an office hallway, resisting the notion of a shutdown. She grabs a nailgun that she promptly shoots through someone's hand. "Don't worry Katie, I won't let anything harm you ever again," Megan says ominously to cap off the footage.

Creepy doll for sure but looks generic and predictable. A better twist would be if the doll turns out to be good and her aunt turned out to be abusive and the doll protects her.

I was looking forward to this, but that trailer extremely lowered my expectations.

Also, what's up with that goofy dance movement? :funny:

not gonna lie I am really REALLY looking forward to this!

The Child’s Play reboot kind of already played this concept.

Though-this seems to be going weirder with it.

Just saw that the director of this directed Housebound which was a underrated horror comedy. It all makes sense.

the Double Toasted reaction to this is gold cant share cause of profanity but they were cracking up at parts of the trailer like the dancing

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"