Should Marvel Horror Come To Hulu?

Dasher10

I'm like Deadpool IRL
Reaction score
A shared Marvel Horror universe would be nice to see and all can be done on a TV budget.

Moon Knight - Psychological/Surreal horror with tons of religious and mythological themes. Set in New York. Would cross over with Punisher on occasions due to the New York setting and the fact that both characters are ex-military, Elektra thanks to her killing Frenchie's brother as well as Iron Fist thanks to both having supernatural powers. Marc Spector died and was resurrected upon the altar of Khonshu but the act left him brain damaged. Or alternately the resurrection is now one of the delusions Marc is now experiencing. He is legitimately mentally ill but he does appear to be functionally immortal now with the power to return from the dead. That or he is very lucky and manages to survive near-fatal injuries constantly. Is Khonshu even real or is he just one of the voices Marc is hearing? Marc's hallucinations are bad enough that major events are retconned from episode to episode. He's the missing link between the Netflix and Hulu series who would manage to get Netflix subscribers to sign up for a Hulu account to ensure that viewers follow every show. For fans of Twin Peaks, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Antichrist, Hannibal, Jacob's Ladder, Xenosaga, Lost and Mulholland Drive.

Ghost Rider - Supernatural/Splatter/Body horror. Set in LA. Focusing more on gore and jump scares than other series. While Moon Knight tries to be disturbing and make viewers uneasy with constant tension and trippy audio and Blade focuses on a mysterious atmosphere, Ghost Rider is full-on grindhouse exploitation. Satanic cults, haunted carnivals, bloody violence and stomach-churning visuals are on full display in a dark tale of revenge. It's the less atmospheric and more visceral take on horror. Robbie Reyes finally meets Johnny Blaze, a man with the same powers as him who granted him his own powers. Johnny has been hunting Drake Shannon, the man who injured his father-in-law and burned half his face off once. Drake now wears an eye-shaped motorcycle helmet to cover the burn marks and knows that Johnny is hunting him. Now that Robbie is there to help bring Johnny out of retirement, Johnny is out to settle an old score... Johnny and Robbie form a bond and Roxanne Simpson manages to become a surrogate mother to Gabe with the four of them forming a family. It would need to be 4-8 episodes due to the special effects cost. Future seasons would involve Dan Ketch starting in Season 3 and Alejandra Jones in Season 4 if the show is a hit. For fans of American Horror Story, Spartacus, The Exorcist, The Thing, Hellraiser, Friday the 13th, Martyrs, Hostel, IT, Rosemary's Baby, The Fly, Grindhouse, Blood Feast, The Toxic Avenger, The Devil's Rejects, The Omen, Zombie 2, The Human Centipede, Slaughtered Vomit Dolls, Evil Dead (including Ash vs.), Murder.Set.Pieces, Bible Black, August Underground's Mordum, Devilman and Dead Alive.

Blade - Vampires/mystery series. Set in New Orleans. Would have Luke Cage guest star since Blade knew his father. Deals heavily with a black immigrant in the Deep South and how he manages to deal with a society who fails to see him as a hero. Dracula would also be a villain for multiple seasons and Blade and Dracula would occasionally team up to fight larger threats. Both of them try to keep vampires in line. Blade by punishing those who prey on the innocent, Dracula by uniting them under his rule. We'd get an amazing sympathetic and complex villain and some great supporting characters like Elsa Bloodstone and Hannibal King. Each season would be a mystery with Blade's role as a hunter played up for all that it's worth (and he'd also play the sax). For fans of True Blood, True Detective, Case, Angel Heart, The Ninth Gate, Buffy, Luther, Audition, Sherlock, Underworld, From Dusk 'Till Dawn, Get Out, Dexter and American Horror Story.

Werewolf by Night - Werewolf/Fugitive series and conspiracy fiction. Set in LA but ends up traveling to Las Vegas, Salt Lake City and Denver. Losing the heavy atmosphere of Moon Knight and Blade as well as the nightmarish visuals of Ghost Rider, Werewolf by Night relies on suspense and focuses mostly on survival against both the elements and other humans with pure tension and a feeling like nothing is safe. Anyone could be an enemy, you are always being hunted and when you can defend yourself, you really don't want to since you'll wind up being tried for murdering somebody working for an all-powerful conspiracy who have the ability to cover up any evidence proving you acted in self-defense. Werewolf by Night has a protagonist who can only use his powers under a full moon and needs to balance the fact that he becomes far more aggressive as a werewolf while also being defenseless as a human. He can't stay in one place too long since The Committee are hunting him. He also needs to get to a safe place before he transforms since he has a tendency to kill his enemies as a wolf and dislikes having blood on his hands. He only transforms in the first and last episodes of Season 1 but in the final episode he gains the ability to transform at will. The end of Season 2 has Jack develop the ability to better control his rage in werewolf form. Moon Knight would appear in one episode of the first Season where he'd be hunting Jack before realizing that he's not a monster. For fans of Hemlock Grove, The Edge, Illuminatus!, The Grey, The Walking Dead, Alive!, Into Thin Air, The Fugitive, Enemy of the State, North By Northwest, 28 Days Later, Deus Ex, Foucault's Pendulum and The X-Files.

Man-Thing - Mad Science/Slasher. Set in Miami. This time around, the hero is a terrifying monster and he's hunting humans. The humans who turned Ted Sallis into a beast. Ellen Brandt returns from Iron Man 3 and now bears some nasty scars from Tony Stark sending her headfirst into power lines. Man Thing is unable to speak and sets anyone who fears him on fire. His main enemy is MODOK who was also transformed into a monster. MODOK is mostly seen behind a computer screen with arms and legs sticking out and we don't see him in full until the finale. This is a series where the villains get most of the characterization and are picked off one by one. MODOK survives by building a backup elsewhere and Ellen redeems herself at the very end. Future Seasons would focus on other people who have committed grave evil and find themselves hunted and punished by the Man-Thing. For fans of Friday the 13th, Scream, I Know What You Did Last Summer, The Shape of Water, Re-Animator, The Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Last House on the Left, The Shining and Final Destination.

Midnight Sons - Team-up. The protagonists of each series and their supporting casts meet up in Dallas and are forced to take on Mephisto. Moon Knight and Werewolf by Night bury the hatchet and they all team up to take on a greater foe. For fans of Freddy vs. Jason, The Dark Tower and Alien vs. Predator.

And not related to horror at all but would still cross over with Moon Knight (and Daredevil, Jessica Jones and Luke Cage) and would appear in Spider-Man and also a Hulk sequel if one can ever get made. She-Hulk would need to be on Hulu as opposed to the Disney Streaming Service due to sex and nudity. A legal sitcom with an occasional fight against Titania (and actual tidbits of info on how the law works in New York State). Property lawyer Jen Walters is injured when Spider-Man fights some bank robber and the building collapses on her. The only thing which manages to save her is a vial of her cousin's blood which transforms her into She-Hulk. Jen manages to retain her sense of humor even though she keeps accidentally breaking everything she touches. It's a funny, goofy take on a legal comedy that doesn't take itself seriously in the slightest. For fans of Ally McBeal, Shameless, Sex and the City, SMILF, Blunt Talk and Weeds.

Would you get Hulu or watch these on Hulu if you already have it?

Personally, I feel like the Disney Streaming Service should have shows like Ms. Marvel, Power Pack, Champions, Young Avengers and Avengers Academy.

Last edited:
Why Hulu specifically though? I would imagine the Disney Streaming service isn't going to be exclusively kid content. Especially given the Fox catalog they are about to get.

Why Hulu specifically though? I would imagine the Disney Streaming service isn't going to be exclusively kid content. Especially given the Fox catalog they are about to get.

I think in the conference call when they bought FOX and would get their Hulu stake, more adult oriented shows going to Hulu was an idea they did put forward. So, that idea looks to have some merit.

I think in the conference call when they bought FOX and would get their Hulu stake, more adult oriented shows going to Hulu was an idea they did put forward. So, that idea looks to have some merit.

That’s what I was getting at. There was also talk that lower budget films from Fox Searchlight and Touchstone would go direct to Hulu. Sony Pictures Classics and Netflix acquire festival films and the Fox Searchlight Pictures Brand allows Dis way to do the same. I’d also argue for Disney to do an AvP spin-off show on Hulu which would allow some of the themes of That universe to be explored. Things like at what point does a machine become human, ethics of biological warfare, the means by which government can regulate corporations and police backwater colonies within an intergalactic empire and how humans will coexist with the Engineer race from the Alien series would be more fleshed out on a TV series while we’d also get a better look at Predator society and how the Predators react to the humans becoming as advanced as they are. The Predators are literally watching a species they hunted as prey and considered to be livestock challenging them for dominance and now are capable of speaking their language and communicating with them. Keep in mind that the more enlightened Predators would see us as modernizing savages encroaching on their territory. And the Engineers would view the humans and Predators both as failed science experiments and have a grudge against the humans for destroying their homeworld. These are themes which can only be expired in depth on television but would require a TV-MA rating.

And there would also be xenomorphs who everyone hates since they constantly kill any and all sentient life and would periodically be showing up to hunt all three species. All three empires land on the planet at the same time but don’t know that centuries ago David seeded xenomorphs across the galaxy. The Engineers remain a dying race looking for a home, the Predators found a prime hinting ground which can serve as a tourist destination and the humans simply want to expand their footprint. Weyland-Yutani don’t like the negotiations leading to the humans only getting a third of the planet and being stuck with the continent with the fewest natural resources so they coordinate a global xenomorphs outbreak and then head off-world to let the survivors have to deal with the problem. The first season ends with Weyland-Yutani mercy heading to the planet with chemical and nuclear weaons.

The protagonist is a female colonial marine who just reached the rank of General.

That’s what should be done on Hulu once the Disney-Fox merger clears.

I’d also set up banner ads with each species and a Tagline for each. Humans would be, “to explore,” Predators would be, “for the glory,” Engineers get, “a new home,” and xenomorphs get, “fresh meat.”

Release the series in around 2020. My choice for the lead is Natasha Henstidge.

I prefer my Aliens predator-free.

Most of the theoretical Marvel Horror shows have potential (I'm not really into the idea of Ghost Rider). In general, I favor the more self-contained model like Runaways, but if they did set up another of those shared mini-verses, I'd be open to it.

I prefer my Aliens predator-free.

Most of the theoretical Marvel Horror shows have potential (I'm not really into the idea of Ghost Rider). In general, I favor the more self-contained model like Runaways, but if they did set up another of those shared mini-verses, I'd be open to it.

Yeah but Disney can't resist shared universes. AvP will honestly be done better this time since Disney have amazing quality control. Prometheus retconned both AvP films anyway so an AvP TV series would take place far in the future when humans are aware of the Predators.

And one of the four Ghost Riders is already cast and a second exists in the MCU. Ghost Rider is happening and when it does happen, it'll be a Johnny and Bobbie team-up. There's also talk of Blade happening and the fans really, really want Moon Knight. IMO, Marvel should do it all the second the Fox deal closes and Disney gets control of Hulu.

I already expect that New Mutants will end up on the Disney streaming service or Disney controlled Hulu. Just put it under the Marvel Knights banner.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"