Bonds only 4 Home Runs away from Ruth

Joined
Sep 23, 2004
Messages
11,994
Reaction score
0
Points
31
How will you guys feel when he breaks Ruth record, because you know he will with all the games you have left its just a matter of time. I am just wondering how will you feel about it?
 
I will rage from within, but I won't really lose sleep over it.
 
I wonder if it would bother him after all the endorsements, hall of fame and accolades that he will get after beating Ruth, that a lot of people think he's a cheat and used performance enhancement drugs? I mean look at McGuire? Ruth and Marris are considered greats. McGuire and Bonds will always have the smell of steroids around them.
 
Ruth did it on Jack Daniels. Based on that fact alone, he'll always be the King.
 
He still got there through cheating...and his record ought to be footnoted as saying that
 
Oh please, this guy should be completely disqualified. He doubled in size in like a year. The guy is a steroid junky who doesn't deserve to have his batting record documented, much less 'praised'.
 
Any asterisk should be in the minds of the fans and baseball historians. Wherever Bonds ends on the list his number should not be qualified based on anything he did or did not do. If we asterisk any of Bonds records what's next? Do you want one for all the players in the 70's like Willie Mays who played while hopped up on amphetimines?
 
^^^ and on that note, I believe Roger Maris' record should be reinstated!!
 
Son Of Logan said:
Any asterisk should be in the minds of the fans and baseball historians. Wherever Bonds ends on the list his number should not be qualified based on anything he did or did not do. If we asterisk any of Bonds records what's next? Do you want one for all the players in the 70's like Willie Mays who played while hopped up on amphetimines?

Ugh, sorry, there's a difference between being on speed, which simply keeps you awake and alert, and being on steroids, which physically ALTERS your entire body to be more powerful than without it.
 
lazur said:
Ugh, sorry, there's a difference between being on speed, which simply keeps you awake and alert, and being on steroids, which physically ALTERS your entire body to be more powerful than without it.

Despite what the media would have you believe it's not like he just injects steroids and sits around waiting for it to kick in. He still has to work-out.


And on another note, explain how steroids would give him a better eye for the ball when batting?
 
Another question to consider:

How many homeruns were hit against pitchers who were on steroids during the era?
 
Bonds and especially McGuire need to man up and admit what theyve done. Look at Giambi, he had the balls to admit it and he got some flack, but people have forgotten about that.
 
Son Of Logan said:
Another question to consider:

How many homeruns were hit against pitchers who were on steroids during the era?


Why would that matter?:confused:
 
Darthphere said:
Why would that matter?:confused:

Well if steroids can help you swing a bat, don't you think they'd make you throw a ball harder, faster?
 
Son Of Logan said:
Well if steroids can help you swing a bat, don't you think they'd make you throw a ball harder, faster?


Still doesnt chnage th fact he hit the homerun.
 
Bottom line is that while the steroid era sucks, none of the players involved broke any rules of the game.

But why were there so many homeruns? Steroids? Smaller ballparks? Harder baseballs? Weaker pitching? You can't really attribute it to one thing.
 
I'd like to see pitchers refuse to pitch to Bonds and just throw around him. Or one pitcher just beam him right in the eye and hopefully end his career.
 
Matt said:
I'd like to see pitchers refuse to pitch to Bonds and just throw around him. Or one pitcher just beam him right in the eye and hopefully end his career.


Id go for the knee.
 
Judging from how he's been lumbering around it doesn't seem he's gonna last much longer anyway.
 
I hope somewhere out there.. babe ruth's ghost prevents these last 4 homers and Bonds goes 0 for the rest of his career. :D
 
I think they should break the record books into two categories: "Natural" and "Enhanced". Sort of like they do with bodybuilding competitions. I respect the fact that the 'roid users in sports have to work out and diet just as hard, if not harder than, the guys that don't use performance enhancing drugs. However, they've also altered their inherent strength and raw power with drugs in a way that they would not have obtained naturally. Guys like Marris and Ruth did what they did without the use of those things (hell, Ruth was drunk nearly 24/7 for that matter) and look how long their records have stood, even against all these guys using the steroids. Make them two separate categories as far as records go, and I'd be fine with it.

jag
 
Calvin said:
He's usually got armor over that, doesn't he?


Probably, still you throw an 100 MPH fastball at the knee, its going to bend regardless what you got on it.
 
Darthphere said:
Probably, still you throw an 100 MPH fastball at the knee, its going to bend regardless what you got on it.
But what if you've got armor/padding on it, and steroids in it? He wouldn't even flinch. Go for the neck and maybe his head will explode.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
200,771
Messages
21,808,704
Members
45,627
Latest member
WolverineHunt01
Back
Top
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"