Books Into Movie: What would You like to Direct?

Stewie Griffin said:
The Wizard of Oz
I'd also like to see a more faithful adaptation of the book as well. (as much as I love the 1939 version and the Wiz)

I just would to see a more fantasy oriented version without all the musical numbers. Just to see what it would look like.

It'd have to be much darker and violent in accordance with the book.

Kroc1138 said:
I'd also like to see a more faithful adaptation of the book as well. (as much as I love the 1939 version and the Wiz)

I just would to see a more fantasy oriented version without all the musical numbers. Just to see what it would look like.
Maybe get some Kalidahs in there this time, which would scare the crap out of most people.

Battle Royale- would more than likely have to tone it down but theres always the DC for that.

It's a short story, but I think The Most Dangerous Game could really kick ass.

ToddIsDead said:
It's a short story, but I think The Most Dangerous Game could really kick ass.
After I read the story I wanted to make something on that its pretty neat.

I'd like to see them do the Chronicles of Prydain and the City of Ember.

Star Wars: The Han Solo Trilogy

R.A. Salvatore's Drizzt series (This would be amazing!)

World War Z

IT (Stephen King classic, should be redone)

I have some original ideas as well. In the midst of writing now, yay!

IT

The Dark Tower

The Dark Tower comic arcs. The first movie would open on the apprentice gunslingers training with Cort, and end with Susan burning on the Charyou Tree. The second would be the entire The Long Road Home arc. Then rather than there being a straight Wizard and Glass adaptation, the stuff in Topeka, the Emerald Palace, and Flagg would cap off the film adaption of The Waste Lands. For Wolves of the Calla, rather than have Andy the Messenger Robot, the traitorous resident of the Calla would be meeting with O'Dim in the Dogan. For The Dark Tower, Mordred would be written to be more in line with Jack Torrance as a figure you hate and feel sorry for. Le Casse Roi Russe would get more time in the film adaption of the final book, since I'd have the Horn of Eld waiting in the throne room. Le Casse Roi Russe would be where Roland confronts his nemesis The Ageless Stranger for the final time. In keeping with Flagg's statement that Roland's guns only misfire against him, it would be Mordred who vanquished the Ageless Stranger.

Susannah would leave the ka-tet of her own accord, as in the original book. However, we would later learn that the dreams she had of Central Park were tricks by Dandelo, who effectively lured her into todash. There she would be torn apart by the great Old Ones. In Empathica, Odd's Lane would be like a purgatory for the dead souls who've left todash space, and Dandelo would put up a better fight than in the book. He would be vanquished by the turtle can-tah Callahan originally used against the vampires in the Dixie Pig. Finally as Roland approaches Can Ka No Rey, the roses would be wilted and dying. Lightning from the dark skies striking the Tower. As he approaches, he notices a pair of ghostly figures: one himself and one a long haired young man with a sketch pad. He sees the process he and Patrick originally used to kill the Crimson King and realizes that each rose is representative of one of the multiple realities. So he was effectively wiping out entire worlds simply by crushing the roses for Patrick to use as ink in order to defeat the Crimson King. In the end he blows the horn and enters the Tower...THE END.

Sold by Patricia McCormick. For those of you who have never read this awesome book, it is about a young girl from Nepal named Lakshmi, who is sold into sexual slavery in India. You should read it, it is awesome.

Oh, and a live action version of Go!Go!Ackman! done in Sim City style with Ackman being a cell shaded 3D character. I think it would just be nice to see something on the screen by Akira Toriyama that did not have the word "dragon" in it. (See Dragon Ball, Dragon Quest and Blue Dragon.)

I'd love to do an update of "Watership Down" with Animal Logic - ah, to dream.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"