Books Into Movie: What would You like to Direct?

Now, could we say...make a film out of one of our OWN works?:o

I would make a more realist Dungeons and Dragons movie, the film industry is just not getting it right. I would make the dragons as Gary Gygax made them and I would make the clothes look better then the ones they did in the Dungeons and Dragons movie with the Wayans guy in it. allthough Sci-fi channel is starting to get alot better at them, they could do some real good stuff with it.

anything by elmore leonard and then there's this book called the black marble which is just.. so... AMAZING!

masters of the universe

get a large scale epic idea ala LOTR, make it a trilogy.

first film have skeletor

second have the snake men story with a twist for the horde

third have the full horde story with the idea of future he-man films or a she-ra spin off

Rurouni Kenshin

4 part series based on the major story arcs

As faithful as possible. As historically accurate as possible, and the spoken dialect will be japanese.

Hudson said:
Good.

My work is entitled 'The Depth of Madness', about a father who's daughter is raped and killed, and he practically snaps, and he becomes a vigilante, killing criminals left and right. It sounds pretentious, but I tried to concentrate on the actual story and characters, and I think I won the battle of GOOD characterization.;)

Director: Christopher Nolan - The man behind Batman Begins and Memento, I believe that he'd be able to capture not only the insanity of the main character, but the humanity behind his psychotic ways, much like his characters in BB and Memento. Plus, I love his style of filmmaking. Not too gritty, but just dark enough. I like that.

Composer: While I enjoy Danny Elfman's composing, I must choose Michael Giacchino. Now, I'm not sure if I spelt his last name correctly, but I do know this. His music can hold an immense sense of gravity to a situation, routing you into the scene like no other music can. I would have his music sparse though, allowing for some individual songs to play inbetween the pieces, if almost to make sure audience knows that this is our world that this story is taking place in.

I would go into actors, but I don't know if anyone would want to read that.:D

So, I'll just say this. I'd keep the film dark and gritty, but bright and exuberant when the story calls. I hope that the constant light changes would influence the audience, along with the erratic choice of music.

Snow Crash
White Noise
Motherless Brooklyn (Edward Norton is making this into a movie, I don't know what to think of that)
American Gods
Sandman

Fahrenheit 451(a better version thats more faithful to the book)

Given that Stephen King's books are in vogue nowadays, I want to adapt King's "Roadwork".

It's the only King book that I truly liked.

Dean Koontz's WATCHERS if Roger Corman ever loses the rights...

But I can't really think of the cast, etc right now.

Who knows,they might change their minds or he might turn it down.

Choke by Chuck Palahiniuck

Starring Ryan Reynolds in an out of character role. Narration tone just like Edward Nortons narrative tone in Fight Club. Unfortunately, the sex scenes (which are very important to the story and character) would have to be toned down for the sake of rating.

Cast:
Victor: Ryan Reynolds
Mrs. Mancini: Frances McDormand
Denny: Norman Reedus
the Doctor (forget her name): Amanda Peet
the Stripper (forget her name): Evan Rachel Wood

Abaddon said:
He doesnt want anyone bastardizing his work.

Pity his son was involved in the bastardization of Captain America. (with its comedy accent Red Skull)

Given that epic movies based on a series of books and turned into several movies are also the new trend nowadays ("The Chronicles of Narnia", "The Lord of the Rings", "Harry Potter"...), what about Stephen King's "Dark Tower" books?

The DT books are perfect: epic, exciting, with a seamless blend of humor, action and horror...

I think DT movies would do well in the box office...

Goodnight Moon. :o

The Red Badge of Courage I'd like to take a crack at.

Abaddon said:
Thats in the works,with Will Smith as the lead.

Darthphere said:
Oh hell naw.:(

Oh yeah, a really bad casting call on that. But I think I prefer Smith to Schwazenneger when they were first talking about adapting this book.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"