Bought/Thought 03-12-08

Wolverine's been really good under Aaron.

I still don't think the Mighty Avengers should stand much of a chance against Dr. Doom. Now that the June solicitation has spoiled the ending of the MA arc and we know Doom loses, it seems like Bendis is probably going to have him job to the Mighty Avengers somewhere.

Of course you think that Ph....I mean Ego.:cwink:

Wolverine's been really good under Aaron.

I still don't think the Mighty Avengers should stand much of a chance against Dr. Doom. Now that the June solicitation has spoiled the ending of the MA arc and we know Doom loses, it seems like Bendis is probably going to have him job to the Mighty Avengers somewhere.

What? Pfft, he gets his ass handed to him regularly by the FF I don't see why the Avengers couldn't take him down. Especially if he didn't have any prep time.

Because the FF have Reed Richards, the one man on Earth who can out-think Doom. Who do the Mighty Avengers have? Iron Man? lulz, mofugga please! :funny:

My guilty pleasure is easily Wolverine: Origins thanks to Deadpool...Sure, the plot is going absolutely nowhere...But you know what? I'm okay with a 4-5 issue arc where I can just sit down, turn off my brain, and enjoy....It's sort of like the "Will Ferrell" of comics.

Squirrel Girl beat Doom.

That's because Squirrel Girl is an ubeatable being. Seriously, I would love to see her lose.

Yeah, Squirrel Girl beat Thanos. No shame in Doom losing to her.

Because the FF have Reed Richards, the one man on Earth who can out-think Doom. Who do the Mighty Avengers have? Iron Man? lulz, mofugga please! :funny:

That list of people who've made a fool of Doom includes Spidey and Squirrel Girl. But in the end, Doom always screws himself.

Doom's been defeated by Iron Man alone in the past.

Yup, that's true too. Doom's not the end all be all bad guy people make him out to be. His loss record is pretty huge, but then again, what good Villain's isn't?

Doom's been defeated by Iron Man alone in the past.

Iron Man's defeated Doom alone in the past aswell.

Bought/Thought 03-12-08:

Iron Man, wow, Mandarin not only fooled Maya, but me aswell, didn't see that coming. Iron Man Director of SHIELD is the best book noone is buying.

Captain America: Bucky vs Crossbones was a badass fight! Sharon at the end, agiain, wow, didn't see that one. terrific ending.

Iron Man's defeated Doom alone in the past aswell.

Bought/Thought 03-12-08:

Iron Man, wow, Mandarin not only fooled Maya, but me aswell, didn't see that coming. Iron Man Director of SHIELD is the best book noone is buying.

Captain America: Bucky vs Crossbones was a badass fight! Sharon at the end, agiain, wow, didn't see that one. terrific ending.

Agreed about Crossbones V Bucky...About time they gave Crossbones some credit!

Heh, that was weird.

Anyway, Doom should be the be-all, end-all villain, goddamnit. He's so much more awesome than everyone else put together. :o

The only thing that would make Doom the "end-all" villain is if he were blessed with Jubilee's powers.

Actually, it's sad to say Emma admitted that Jubilee was one of the most powerful mutants she's encountered...It was Jubilee's fear of killing that held her powers back...sigh.

It's early, I'm at work, and I lack coffee. Sorry. I felt like imagining Doom in a yellow trench coat, wearing those gigantic, goofy sunglasses and shooting those horribly powerful fireworks. lol.

i cant stand jubilee...other than renting her ou for parties what is the point or her little fireworks powers...unless they have grown recently i missed it...is she even around anymore?

From what I understand...She lost her powers in house of M and now wears a suit which enhances her strength. I believe she's with the New Warriors...But come on, Doom in Jubilee's attire would strike fear into all of his enemies.

That's what DC heroes do pretty much all the time. You're missing out.

I know, I know...but I'm one of the "let's hear about the guy under the mask" suckers.

And pretty much, the DC Universe (except for Bats) is alien to me. I just need a way to get into it and I would read.

Picking up some comics and starting to read is usually a good way to get into it. Waiting for a perfectly ideal point to jump in usually just leaves you waiting forever.

And pretty much, the DC Universe (except for Bats) is alien to me. I just need a way to get into it and I would read.
OK, let's think about this...honestly, I would recommend a lot of the runup to Infinite Crisis, and even the Infinite Crisis mini itself. OMAC Project, (with the Sacrifice tie-ins in Superman, Action, Adventures, and Wonder Woman), Rann-Thanagar War, Day of Vengeance, and Villains United, and of course the Countdown to Infinite Crisis one-shot. Identity Crisis might be a good one to read. A lot of Geoff Johns' Flash, Greg Rucka's Superman, Joe Kelly's Superman, Greg Rucka's Checkmate, a lot of Batman from the 1990s and 1980s, James Robinson's Starman, the old Sandman Mystery Theatre, and maybe some of the better crossover events like DC One Million (available in trade). Any DC comic by Geoff Johns or Grant Morrison is a good bet. Pick up 52, as well, that should help a lot. I think this new DC Universe #0 that's coming out soon will be pretty good.

Honestly, I'm really looking forward to Final Crisis and beyond, because it's going to be a little more self-contained, a little less interconnected, which will have its downsides, but it'll make it more accessible to you.

As for what's good that DC's currently putting out:
Action Comics
All-Star Superman
Batman (but you should pick up all of Morrison's earlier issues, don't just pick up halfway through this run)
Batman and the Outsiders
Batman Confidential (temporarily good, most likely sucks again after this arc)
Birds of Prey
Blue Beetle
Booster Gold
Detective Comics
Green Lantern (again, pick up all of Johns' stuff, all the way back to Rebirth)
Jonah Hex
Shadowpact
Tangent - Superman's Reign
Wonder Woman
[In general, I think team books tend to be a pretty good way to get into a universe; BPRD and Astonishing X-Men are what finally pulled me into the Dark Horse and Marvel Universes, respectively. Currently, however, DC's team books are not at their best. Check back on JLA, JSA, and Teen Titans in a few months when this grand DC story plan is over.]

There are some other good books DC's doing that I'm reading, but I wouldn't suggest them if you're just starting out. And there are others that sort of tie in to the larger DCU story going on right now, and if you get into that then you'll end up struggling through Countdown.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"