• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

BOUGHT/THOUGHT July 25th

ASM # 542 - Spidey beat the crap outta Kingpin. Made some empty threats and that's about it. As far as him getting the cash for Aunt May, I think he's gonna go to Stark for the dough. Just say, it's your fault, you pay for it.

I was thinking that, as well. The preview pages from One More Day's start show Peter confronting Tony.

Incredible Hulk #108: Is it just me, or did this issue feel like the worst kind of filler? Rick Jones and Miek give their respective views on the Hulk and, by the end... nothing's changed. The characters still believe what they believe, no one's been affected by anyone else's arguments, and everything is basically the same as it was at the start of the series--Rick and Miek are both trying to "help" the Hulk in their respective ways. I know this issue was basically inserted at the last minute, probably to give Frank more time to finish or to synch things up with the WWH mini better--some reason other than because they just thought it was a worthwhile story that needed telling; but couldn't they have at least tried to conceal that fact? Useless waste of time. :(

Ok, did someone come and delete posts in here?

Incredible Hulk #108: Is it just me, or did this issue feel like the worst kind of filler? Rick Jones and Miek give their respective views on the Hulk and, by the end... nothing's changed. The characters still believe what they believe, no one's been affected by anyone else's arguments, and everything is basically the same as it was at the start of the series--Rick and Miek are both trying to "help" the Hulk in their respective ways. I know this issue was basically inserted at the last minute, probably to give Frank more time to finish or to synch things up with the WWH mini better--some reason other than because they just thought it was a worthwhile story that needed telling; but couldn't they have at least tried to conceal that fact? Useless waste of time. :(

I thought this issue was much needed.Among all the KRAKKABOOMS,WAKKABOOMS,and SK-CRAKK that's been going down in the mini,this character focused story was essential to put the focus on the supporting cast and throw in a little Hulk history as well.

What character focus, though? Rick and Miek basically came in, said they were his first friends on Earth and Sakaar, respectively, said they want to help the Hulk by stopping him and urging him on, respectively, and then the issue ended. It was totally pointless. :confused:

Been awhile since I've been to Tate's:

ASM - Brilliant, Kingpin deserved that and I understood why Pete choose not to kill him. Doing that in the prison definately gave everyone second thoughts about screwing with his family. Someone else brought up the prospect, but I agree with the thinking that Fisk will pay for May's hospital bills since he's currently scared @hitless of pete.

Friendly - I actually really liked this issue. Betty's always been cool and Flash seemed great, funny and heroic at the same time. I like how Ero was handled and hope that's the end for her and Pete's stingers. His final line to her was great. Can't wait for next issue.

Iniative - Hardball's a dick, evil nazi scientists are *****, Hulk is a dick. Interesting to see how Slott's gonna handle the MVP issue. I'm more impressed with this book with each issue. (oh, Skrulls are ***** too.)

Shazam #4 - Smith needs to tone down the politics, I've never anticipated a limited series more and been this disappointed.

Incredible Hulk - God please have rick jones be the savior and not that whiney annoy drug addict. Story did change my thoughts on Miek being the one who caused the explosion.

WWH2 - So we again don't get to see the Hulk fight past a few panels? NA and MA were taken out and we get an opening scene? I feel cheated. The FF fight was pretty cool though.

Picked up the Hood trade now that he's gonna be a big bad. Loved it, highly recommend it.

What character focus, though? Rick and Miek basically came in, said they were his first friends on Earth and Sakaar, respectively, said they want to help the Hulk by stopping him and urging him on, respectively, and then the issue ended. It was totally pointless. :confused:

The meaning of the Hulk to both Miek and Jones.How he changed their lives and the type of person they both see the Hulk as.Eg.Jones seeing Hulk as the misunderstood hero,while Miek sees him as being "made for vengeance".

I guess it was useful for people who hadn't followed Planet Hulk and who'd pretty much never heard of Rick Jones, but there wasn't really any new information there for those who have.

I think it was good for showing their motivation, and clashes inbetween the view on Hulk from his old friends to his new friends. Plus if some of us are right and Miek did it, then it introduces Miek to non Planet Hulk readers, rather than a collective, "WTF, he's the bad guy? Who is he?" a lot of ppl would get at the end otherwise.

Wolverine #55 - I liked Loeb's run. Apparently that's a blasphemous statement, even among Wolverine fanboys, but I liked it nontheless. I thought it was an interesting look into why there are so many feral-ish mutants in the MU, and it provided closure on the Logan/Creed relationship. Well...until Marvel brings him back, that is.

I don't want to go much further, mostly because no one cares but also because...well, no one cares. But I did want to say, "I told you so" to all the posters (not just on this board, either), who jumped the gun and were so quick to point out Loeb's "continuity flaws". Just like I guessed (and just like Loeb stated very early on) everything was addressed by the time the story came to a close.

So take that you whiney bunch of *****es. :o

Finally read the issue, and I've gotta say, I agree. And I'm holding steady there. Something about holding a candle, too, but let's not and say we did.

Loeb's run was a good story showcased by some great art, and I want to say "I told you so" to everyone who whined that Loeb didn't know anything about continuity or characters and such. Seriously. That's like getting to Chapter 5 in a 20 chapter novel and going "WTF? This makes no sense! And seriously, with 15 chapters more to go, I bet it won't ever be explained!" :whatever:

Solid, good, fun read.

Finally read the issue, and I've gotta say, I agree. And I'm holding steady there. Something about holding a candle, too, but let's not and say we did.

Loeb's run was a good story showcased by some great art, and I want to say "I told you so" to everyone who whined that Loeb didn't know anything about continuity or characters and such. Seriously. That's like getting to Chapter 5 in a 20 chapter novel and going "WTF? This makes no sense! And seriously, with 15 chapters more to go, I bet it won't ever be explained!" :whatever:

Solid, good, fun read.

I honestly thought I was the only person who enjoyed this. Nice to see someone else liked it as well. :up:

The Immortal Iron Fist #7 - This was just an amazing story. Immortal Iron Fist has got to be Marvel's bet title right now. This issue focuses on one of the past Iron Fist's Wu Ao-Shi, the Pirate Queen of Pinghai Bay. While we take a break from what's really going on in Immortal Iron Fist, this issue was just a great stand alone issue.

We see how Wu Ao-Shi was as a kid, and how Lei Kung found her and started to train her to become an Iron Fist. As Wu Ao-Shi gets older, she continues to train and is approached by Yu-Ti and questions Wu if she's ready to becoming an Iron Fist by facing off against Shou-Lao the Undying. During Wu Ao-Shi's journey, she falls in love with a fisherman and both begin a romance. When Wu Ao-Shi's time to face Shou-Lao comes, she faces off against the dragon. While fighting Shou-Lao, she decides that the best place for the Iron Fist symbol is on her right hip. "She entered as Wu Ao-Shi in the cave, and the Immortal Iron Fist when she strode out." As Wu Ao-Shi continues being the Iron Fist, she learns that her romance with the fisherman is torn, and the fisherman has left her. Wu goes to Yu-Ti and asks to leave K'un-Lun in search for her lover. Yu-Ti accepts, and off goes Wu Ao-Shi. During Wu Ao-Shi's quest, she grows and gains control of her Iron Fist powers. She faces off against Wokou pirates and learns that Pinghai Bay was in the grip of tyrant pirates. So as this is news to Wu Ao-Shi, she goes to Pinghai Bay and encounters the King of Pinghai Bay. She tries to take him and his army of women down, but in the end fails and is held captive. It is only soon that her fisherman lover learns of this news, and sets forth to free Wu Ao-Shi. As he reaches Wu Ao-Shi, he frees her and Wu vows revenge on the Pirate King and his pirates. Wu tracks them down, and kills everyt single pirate including the Pirate King. Using her Iron Fist powers, all the pirates were kileed as if "Lightning from God" had struck them. Wu's revenge was embraced, and after the battle he settled down with the fisherman, and Wu was now known as the Pirate Queen of Pinghai Bay. The issue ended with I believe it was Yu-Ti writing Wu Ao Shi's story in the "Iron Fist's Secret of Kung Fu Book." And Lei Kung was there standing next to Yu-Ti.

This was an absolutely brillaint issue. I hope we get more issues like this in Immortal Iron Fist. I really wish though that we knew why Wu was the last woman to ever carry the Iron Fist mantle. Anyways, it was a great story.

I loved the art from Foreman, Fernandez and Evans. And the writing from both Brubaker and Fraction was top notch. They told the story in a great way. I honestly wouldn't mind more stories like this bewteen arcs.
Now bring on #8! The next arc will kick off the kung fu tournament, and lets hope Danny kicks some ass!

Immortal Iron Fist #7 was the pick of the week for me.

10/10

I'm finally got all of this weeks titles, excpet JSA #8
i'm probably just over half way reading through them all
So far nothing has been terrible, but nothing has been breathtakingly outstanding either, but i still have Batman, Countdown and Iron Man to read
Best so far has been Blue Beetle & Wolverine
Sabertooth dying was abit of a shock ( haven't been keeping up with Leob's run) Did make me eyes abit watery :p

PJ sweety...

I've made another thread for you. I had to sift through 3 pages of discussion on whether james marsden is gay or not to get to the reviews, so in future would you mind linking to this thread:

http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?p=12310821#post12310821

to continue these non-comic discussion. That'd be aces! Thanks

How about people just continue to discuss what they discuss? And you do know it takes more than one person to have a discussion on a message board, right?

Why is that directed to PJ? There were a lot of people who contributed to the derailment of this thread, and damn it, I believe our hard work should be recognized, too! :cmad:

It's not that hard to Derail a thread. Hippie Facist just did it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"