The Complete Civil War Reading Order/Checklist

J. J. Jameson

There and back again.
Reaction score
UPDATED--> 8/22/06

Here it is! Finally! Civil War in its completeness! Includes delays. I've tried to make this as complete as I can. I will update this as often as I can.

Civil War and its Tie-ins should be read in the following order:

Road to Civil War:

Amazing Spider-Man #529
New Avengers Illuminati #1
Amazing Spider-Man #530
Fantastic Four #536
Incredible Hulk #92
Amazing Spider-Man #531
Fantastic Four #537

CIVIL WAR

May:

Civil War #1
Amazing Spider-Man #532
Wolverine #42
She-Hulk #8

June:

Front Line #1........................6/7
Civil War #2..........................6/14
Thunderbolts #103.................6/14
New Avengers #20.................6/21
Amazing Spider-Man #533.......6/21
Front Line #2........................6/28
New Avengers #21.................6/28
Wolverine #43.......................6/28
Fantastic Four #538...............6/28
X-Factor #8..........................6/28

July:

Front Line #3.........................7/12
Thunderbolts #104..................7/12
Cable and Deadpool #30...........7/19
Civil War #3...........................7/19
Civil War: X-Men #1................7/19
Daily Bugle Newspaper.............7/19
X-Factor #9..........................7/19
Amazing Spider-Man #534........7/26
Front Line #4.........................7/26
Civil War: YA & Runaways #1....7/26
New Avengers #22..................7/26
Wolverine #44........................7/26

August:

Fantastic Four #539...............8/2
Front Line #5........................8/9
Black Panther #18..................8/9
Ms. Marvel #6.......................8/16
Thunderbolts #105.................8/16
Civil War: X-Men #2...............8/16
Heroes for Hire #1..................8/23
New Avengers #23.................8/23
Wolverine #45.......................8/23
Cable and Deadpool #31..........8/30
Civil War:YA & Runaways #2....8/30

September:

Civil War Files.........................9/13
Ms. Marvel #7........................9/13
Civil War #4...........................9/20
Civil War: X-Men #3................9/20
Fantastic Four #540................9/20
Wolverine #46........................9/20
Front Line #6.........................9/27
Amazing Spider-Man #535........9/27
Cable and Deadpool #32...........9/27
Captain America #22................9/27
Civil War: YA & Runaways #3....9/27
Heroes for Hire #2...................9/27
New Avengers #24..................9/27

October:

Front Line #7.......................10/11
Civil war: X-Men #4..............10/18
Iron Man #13.......................10/18
Ms. Marvel #8......................10/18
Wolverine #47......................10/18
Captain America #23.............10/25
Civil War:YA & Runaways #4...10/25
Heroes for Hire #3.................10/25
New Avengers #25................10/25
--------------------------------------
Civil War: Choosing Sides.........???

November:

Civil War #5..........................11/15
Iron Man #14........................11/15
Front Line #8........................11/22
Punisher War Journal #1..........11/22
Fantastic Four #541...............11/22
Amazing Spider-Man #536.......11/22
Captain America #24..............11/22
Moon Knight #7.....................11/22
Wolverine #48.......................11/22

December:

Civil War #6...........................12/20
Front Line #9.........................12/20
Punisher War Journal #2...........12/28
--------------------------------------
Black Panther #23....................???
Civil War: War Crimes................???
Iron Man/Captain America..........???
Moon Knight #8.......................???
Winter Soldier: Winter Kills.........???

January:

Front Line #10.........................1/4
Amazing Spider-Man #537..........1/4
Fantastic Four #542..................1/4
Civil War #7.............................1/17 (?)
Amazing Spider-Man #538..........1/17 (?)
Fantastic Four #543..................1/24 (?)
-------------------------------------
Black Panther #24...................???
Blade #5................................???
Moon Knight #10.....................???

February:

Front Line #11........................???
Civil War: Battle Damage Report.???
Black Panter #24.....................???

So how long do people think it'll be before we get...another event that will change the marvel universe forever!!!!!

My guess is 4 months and 15 days

ooh sarcasm. Dude you shouldn't complain...I mean, marvel only ****s us fans in the ass, 2-3 times a month. I mean it's actually pretty good compared to vietnam or something...

It's not a delay...It's an extension for the sake of the art of the thing

Keep it clean in here folks.

Thanks for the list JJJ.....I hope they put them all into TPB.

Wait, did you delete my post, and what did my post contain?

C. Lee said:
Keep it clean in here folks.

Thanks for the list JJJ.....I hope they put them all into TPB.

Thanks, C. Lee. They were really starting to spam up this thread. :mad:

I know there probably gonna do them as seperate books...more $$$$ but would anyone else like to see these collected, in reading order, ala complete age of apocalypse. It'd be a nice little set (maybe even do it as a single collection like rising stars.)

hippy fascist said:
I know there probably gonna do them as seperate books...more $$$$ but would anyone else like to see these collected, in reading order, ala complete age of apocalypse. It'd be a nice little set (maybe even do it as a single collection like rising stars.)

You mean like "Civil War vol.1: Road to Civil War", "Civil War vol. 2: Opening Shots" etc.? I'd like that alot! It would probably be the best way to sell them. I mean, for a crossover of this size, all of the books fit pretty well together, hence the reasone I try to read them in order.

Well the main thing is that there's a lot of 2-3 issue crossovers and how would you group them otherwise?

hippy fascist said:
Well the main thing is that there's a lot of 2-3 issue crossovers and how would you group them otherwise?
True. She-Hulk only had one. I suppose you could bunch stuff likek She-Hulk, Thunderbolts, and Ms. Marvel together. And then stick X-men, YA and Runaways together. But it would be very confusing to read that all together.

The best way to do is in volumes. 100+ issues. So with an average of 10 issues per volume, they could maybe have 10 to 12 volumes. That could still make a heckuva lot of money.

I've got every issue except the miller/mcniven spotlight so far so I'm probably only gonna get the main book, fantastic four and spider-man, oh and the prelude as well. My wallet is sitting in the corner crying already :(

I don't have the miller/mcniven spolight either. But I've got everything else, too. I think I'll probably end up buying all the tpb anyway. But I'll wait for a while after they come out so I can get them cheap off amazon.com

what i liked about aoa though was the fact that you could just sit down and read start to finish (fourth one's not out yet obviously) I hate having to flip from book to book or reading a tie in seperately. A true crossover should flow properly and if that's the case compilation books is the only way to go

hippy fascist said:
what i liked about aoa though was the fact that you could just sit down and read start to finish (fourth one's not out yet obviously) I hate having to flip from book to book or reading a tie in seperately. A true crossover should flow properly and if that's the case compilation books is the only way to go

Yes, and while Civil War doesn't flow together perfectly (some issues should be switched with others, etc.) that could be resolved in compilation books.

hippy fascist said:
I'd like to see them put together in thier proper order as sets. That's the problem with these giant crossover long story arcs...while they may be a great story all together, finding them all and reading them in the right order isn't easy for some of us.

C. Lee said:
I'd like to see them put together in thier proper order as sets. That's the problem with these giant crossover long story arcs...while they may be a great story all together, finding them all and reading them in the right order isn't easy for some of us.

You should order online. I've basically pre-ordered the entire civil war shipping to me in monthly blocks (the key stuff I'm buying in shops as well cause I want to start an e-bay shop and complete cross-over arcs can be worth $$$$ 5-6 years down the line) I get 25% off the cover price of every book and also the books reach me mint because they go straight from delivery to warehouse to my door without little kids with sitcky fingers leafing through them in the comic shop. I've basically gotten one in 4 issues free of charge cause I pre-ordered! :D

There's no way I could afford to get every civil war title on top of my regular order (thge bit's that aren't tie-ins at least) without doing it this way. I love the internet :)

That's good for some people....I'm just not as big at ordering things over the net as some. There's also the question of money....and the fact that I have found I like TPBs for putting it all together without ads.

That's true. Half the people I know offline who read comics only read trades because they say the adds break the suspension of disbelief. Although they don't use pretty words like I just did. I have to take account of the fact that you're a mod ;)

When did She-Hulk #8 come out, and how the f**k did I miss it???

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"