Bramstoker's dracula collector's edition 2 disc

superkong 500

Sidekick
Reaction score
Yes I've been waiting for this one for quite some time now.
image.gif

image.gif

51cb3ju7rbL._SS500_.jpg

he Blood Is The Life in visionary Academy Award®-winning director Francis Ford Coppola’s (Best Director, The Godfather: Part II, 1975) gothic epic BRAM STOKER’S DRACULA, unleashed onto a Collector’s Edition 2-Disc DVD and a single high definition Blu-ray Disc on October 2, 2007 from Sony Pictures Home Entertainment for the SLP of $24.96 (two-disc DVD) and $28.95 (Blu-ray). Featuring a sensational all-star ensemble with Academy Award-winner Anthony Hopkins (Best Actor, The Silence of the Lambs, 1992), Gary Oldman, Wynona Ryder, Keanu Reeves, and Cary Elwes, the 2-Disc set arrives with never-before-seen special features. For the first time, Francis Ford Coppola provides a video introduction and audio commentary for his modern horror classic. Also among the brand new extras in the 2-Disc set are The Blood is the Life – The Making of Dracula; The Costumes Are the Sets – The Design of Eiko Ishioka; In-Camera – The Naïve Visual Effects of Dracula; Method and Madness – Visualizing Dracula; Deleted Scenes and a trailer for Francis Ford Coppola’s new theatrical film Youth Without Youth (in theaters 12/14/07). Based on the classic Dracula legend, and winner of three Academy Awards (Best Costume Design, Best Makeup, Best Sound Effects Editing), the critically acclaimed film arrives in time for Halloween, the perfect season to revisit this haunting visual feast. The Blu-ray version has been digitally remastered in high definition for the best possible picture and sound quality – the deep crimson blood never looked so succulent with this seductively gorgeous transfer.

DVD & Hi-Def Blu-ray Bonus Material

* Francis Ford Coppola Video Intro
* Director’s Audio Commentary
* The Blood is the Life – The Making of Dracula
* The Costumes Are the Sets – The Design of Eiko Ishioka
* In-Camera – The Naïve Visual Effects of Dracula
* Method and Madness – Visualizing Dracula
* Deleted Scenes
* Trailer for Francis Ford Coppola’s new theatrical film Youth Without Youth

So who else is getting this

Might pick it up but I hate the cover art for some reason.

About ****ing time.

This may be the first time I WILLINGLY double dip. I've wanted to see the commentary for this movie for so freaking long. And not just because I"m a fan, I want to ssee Coppola defend his butchering of the book as well.

But the cover art sucks and they should have gone with the alternate poster from '92 (the one where Gary Oldman is biting Winona ryder in a very sexual way with pictures of weird **** engraved all around them).

Bad cover art...oh well.

Does Coppola actually explain in the commentary why he cast Keanu Reeves as an Englishman?

God, I havent seen this in ages. But I remember liking it way back when. Might pick this one up. We'll see.

i just picked up the dracula /frankenstein dvd pack two weeks ago. dammit

The set desigh was nice, and dracs armor was wicked. But other than that what a horrible movie.

Horrible adaptation? Absolutely (it DID NOT improve on the book),

but a damn fine piece of entertaining cinema layered with so much extraneous but cool if you look for it crap and subtext with more visual intertexuality and style than Oliver Stone on an acid trip.......YES.

I personally think it is a grand scale hammy horror movie with great sets, costume, effects, make-up and one of the most haunting scores in the history of horror movies in in its rising since of dread, terror, adventure and longing sadness/lonliness.

Plus a very good performance from Gary Oldman and good over the top ones for Ryder and the always fun to watch Anthony Hopkins. Yeah Reeves is horrible and ruins an always underappreciated character but,

It's better than Van Helsing....right?

I will be picking this one up for the reasons stated by DACrowe. Excellent technical filmmaking , even if the story falls a bit flat. (I mean Francis Ford Coppola telling a story? Please...) :oldrazz:

P.S. lol at Catman's comma use.

Agree w/ DA- As an adaptation it's pretty crap- they just made loads of stuff up and inserted it- Vlad the impaler etc, but as a piece of entertainment it is a fine film.

This special edition DVD is long overdue and i shall be picking it up at some stage.

Seriously Gary Oldman with that ****ing red robe, and white thick hair still scares me to death!!!:mad:

Yes I've been waiting for this one for quite some time now.
image.gif

image.gif

51cb3ju7rbL._SS500_.jpg

he Blood Is The Life in visionary Academy Award®-winning director Francis Ford Coppola’s (Best Director, The Godfather: Part II, 1975) gothic epic BRAM STOKER’S DRACULA, unleashed onto a Collector’s Edition 2-Disc DVD and a single high definition Blu-ray Disc on October 2, 2007 from Sony Pictures Home Entertainment for the SLP of $24.96 (two-disc DVD) and $28.95 (Blu-ray). Featuring a sensational all-star ensemble with Academy Award-winner Anthony Hopkins (Best Actor, The Silence of the Lambs, 1992), Gary Oldman, Wynona Ryder, Keanu Reeves, and Cary Elwes, the 2-Disc set arrives with never-before-seen special features. For the first time, Francis Ford Coppola provides a video introduction and audio commentary for his modern horror classic. Also among the brand new extras in the 2-Disc set are The Blood is the Life – The Making of Dracula; The Costumes Are the Sets – The Design of Eiko Ishioka; In-Camera – The Naïve Visual Effects of Dracula; Method and Madness – Visualizing Dracula; Deleted Scenes and a trailer for Francis Ford Coppola’s new theatrical film Youth Without Youth (in theaters 12/14/07). Based on the classic Dracula legend, and winner of three Academy Awards (Best Costume Design, Best Makeup, Best Sound Effects Editing), the critically acclaimed film arrives in time for Halloween, the perfect season to revisit this haunting visual feast. The Blu-ray version has been digitally remastered in high definition for the best possible picture and sound quality – the deep crimson blood never looked so succulent with this seductively gorgeous transfer.

DVD & Hi-Def Blu-ray Bonus Material

* Francis Ford Coppola Video Intro
* Director’s Audio Commentary
* The Blood is the Life – The Making of Dracula
* The Costumes Are the Sets – The Design of Eiko Ishioka
* In-Camera – The Naïve Visual Effects of Dracula
* Method and Madness – Visualizing Dracula
* Deleted Scenes
* Trailer for Francis Ford Coppola’s new theatrical film Youth Without Youth

So who else is getting this

YESSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!

Hate the cover art :down Looks weak.

Good film but I cannot help but crack it up at Reeves' lines. He once watched it at a festival or something and immediately told a friend "Yeah I sucked in that"

i just know that one of those vampires that f... keanu is monica bellucci. and she is f......... hot.

a good horror movie. its really good.

^
Yea I though reeves was the only actor that didn't shine in the film.(he seemed out of place) If it was done today they would have probably casted Christian bale and he wouldn't even have to force a fake British accent:cwink:

Horrible adaptation? Absolutely (it DID NOT improve on the book)

The novel was good, but disappointing at the same time. The book is called Dracula yet he is only at the beginning (Jonathan's journal) and at the end. Coppola's movie is some-what faithful and actually gives Dracula something to do in the middle of the story. Plus, I thought the "love story" between Dracula and Mina was really well done.

P.S. lol at Catman's comma use.

:dry:

^
Yea I though reeves was the only actor that didn't shine in the film.(he seemed out of place) If it was done today they would have probably casted Christian bale and he wouldn't even have to force a fake British accent:cwink:

You have heard him talk on the Batman Begins DVD, right? Either he was acting or he doesn't have a British accent.

You have heard him talk on the Batman Begins DVD, right? Either he was acting or he doesn't have a British accent.
bale wanted to have the american accent in interviews for BB to not confuse people that a british guy is playing batman.

bale is fantastic. respect

I got tired of waiting and picked up the barebones edition.

Will probably double dip for this one. I think it's a terrifically atmospheric and moody film, and I don't think there is a movie with as much going on production design wise as this one. Great score as well.

And Oldman and Hopkins are awesome in this.

Come on, he sounds like a surfer in everything he has ever done. And the further his characters are from the surfing hotspots of the world, the more ridiculous they sound. The most believable role he has ever had was as Ted "Theodore" Logan.

Come on, he sounds like a surfer in everything he has ever done. And the further his characters are from the surfing hotspots of the world, the more ridiculous they sound. The most believable role he has ever had was as Ted "Theodore" Logan.
I agree. I was angry because I wanted to know why Coppola casted Keanu too!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"