Brave and the Bold Casting Thread

Yeah...nah.
You know I have noticed that the vast majority of the DCU castings seem to aline with your tastes and if not specifically yours then this forum as a collective so hopefully we'll all be onto something here. Like I don't think I've seen you dislike a single DCU casting so far lol

You know I have noticed that the vast majority of the DCU castings seem to aline with your tastes and if not specifically yours then this forum as a collective so hopefully we'll all be onto something here. Like I don't think I've seen you dislike a single DCU casting so far lol
You are correct, so far I am quite happy with all the casting choices. Which is why I’m fairly confident this Sklenar guy won’t be cast. :funny:

You are correct, so far I am quite happy with all the casting choices. Which is why I’m fairly confident this Sklenar guy won’t be cast. :funny:
As long as your intuitions lead us to Lee Pace and not Oliver Jackson Cohen. Really don't think OJC would work for this even tho I think he's a good actor. Feels too close to Battinson in terms of what he'd do in his acting because of what his particular strengths are, and I'm not sure I can buy him as this hyper-experienced Batman that's been a father figure to what now would be several young adults lol Not so much because of his age but because he always has either an hyper vulnerable or somewhat manic energy to him that I don't think really works for a Batman that by now would have the hyper confidence to know he's been able to hold his own in a crazy world of metahumans for years.

We'll just have to see! I still feel like we're not even close to getting this casting tbh. The candidate pool might even be quite different by the time we do.

I'm looking forward to the Batman casting announcement. One thing I'm confident in saying is that I'll never be as shocked as I was when Robert Pattinson was announced. That is without a doubt the most shocked I've ever been for a superhero casting.

I'm looking forward to the Batman casting announcement. One thing I'm confident in saying is that I'll never be as shocked as I was when Robert Pattinson was announced. That is without a doubt the most shocked I've ever been for a superhero casting.
That's interesting given he was a very popular fan cast and not a particularly weird choice for the role. He's not all that dissimilar as a "type" of actor to Bale.

That's interesting given he was a very popular fan cast and not a particularly weird choice for the role. He's not all that dissimilar as a "type" of actor to Bale.
I'm not knocking Pattinson. At the time of his casting, he had already proven to me that he was a good actor and far more capable than just a glitter sparkle vampire. Though he is not my favorite Batman, I enjoyed him in the role for that film and appreciate the portrayal and bringing another side to the character to film. I'll welcome him back for The Batman II any day. It was just shocking to me; I don't recall seeing the fancast choices for him during that time either. No complaints, just the most shocked I've ever been in a Superhero casting scenario.

It's kinda wild because I think that out of all the fancasts he was the one with the most fanart prior to casting. Meanwhile Nicholas Hoult I also ever saw two edits.

It's crazy how Armie Hammer has virtually vanished from the conversation given that he was the clear favorite for Batman around these parts back then. @flickchick85 and I were the only ones who weren't excited about the prospect, if I recall correctly. But yeah, that guy definitely flew too close to the sun! :funny:

It's crazy how Armie Hammer has virtually vanished from the conversation given that he was the clear favorite for Batman around these parts back then. @flickchick85 and I were the only ones who weren't excited about the prospect, if I recall correctly. But yeah, that guy definitely flew too close to the sun! :funny:
I mean that's one way to put "Turned out to be a violent sexual predator"!

Hammer would've been a great Batman because he was absolutely a weirdo character actor stuck in a cartoonishly stereotypical leading man's body and is very much the type of actor Gunn will probably cast in the role. It is wild to think that a lot of directors would probably have cast him as Batman and then... all that would have come out possibly during filming if it was on a similar schedule to The Batman lol.

Hammer would've been a great Batman because he was absolutely a weirdo character actor stuck in a cartoonishly stereotypical leading man's body and is very much the type of actor Gunn will probably cast in the role. It is wild to think that a lot of directors would probably have cast him as Batman and then... all that would have come out possibly during filming if it was on a similar schedule to The Batman lol.
Can't agree with you there, but I see what you're saying.

Honestly it's kinda funny because pretty much anything that Hammer could bring to Batman, Lee Pace also could but miles better while bringing a lot more. 6'5, very deep baritone voice, old money (in Hammer's case because he literally is) traditionally masculine look, etc. But yeah if he hadn't turned out to be scum I feel we'd still be talking about Armie as a serious contender.

Honestly it's kinda funny because pretty much anything that Hammer could bring to Batman, Lee Pace also could but miles better while bringing a lot more. 6'5, very deep baritone voice, old money (in Hammer's case because he literally is) traditionally masculine look, etc. But yeah if he hadn't turned out to be scum I feel we'd still be talking about Armie as a serious contender.
I was a Hammer (as an actor) apologist but there is no universe in which he was anywhere near as good in the role as Lee Pace would be. Very few actors would be.

Boom checking in with some recency bias.

English-Cut-The-Cork-Zero-Tom-Burke-1.jpg

I was a Hammer (as an actor) apologist but there is no universe in which he was anywhere near as good in the role as Lee Pace would be. Very few actors would be.
Yeah I'm not saying they're even in the same league but that superficially they're similar "types".

On the subject of Nightwing, and this probably has a snowball's chance of happening, but I'm hoping they'll go with Nicholas Chavez.

Nicholas-Alexander-Chavez-tout-042624-6ca9ac49ee8d40b99c8bb02a80c2c18f.jpg

If you don't watch General Hospital (only 3 of us still watch soaps, but we're a proud group), you'll definitely hear about him when Ryan Murphy's Monster Season 2 airs, since he'll be playing Lyle Menendez.

But he's a very impressive actor. Very intense, I could see him as Dick Grayson.

Everybody wants some Glen Powell
“Wait – is that James Gunn’s office?” Powell says.

The (newly-revamped) Superman insignia is calling out to him like a beacon at the end of a long alleyway. Tom casts some doubt, but Powell is convinced. A knock; no one is home. We linger in the reception area, in the glow of the sign, for just a moment. Now that every door in town seems to be opening for Powell, it feels surprising to find one that, at least for now, remains shut.

“I was always a Batman guy,” Powell tells me later, as we walk through a hall lined with Batmobiles. Powell has no interest in playing a superhero, but flirts with the idea of Bruce Wayne (who anyway, is just a man). “I would have a wild take on Batman. It definitely would not be like a Matt Reeves tone – it’d probably be closer to Keaton. Oh, sick!” He has found Keaton’s Batmobile. “See? This is the era.”

I still really doubt that James is gonna cast anyone below 6'1-ish as Batman, but Glen has so much star power right now, and he's in very good relationship with WBD it seems plus Hollywood is high on him as a whole, I would not be shocked if he actually did end up screentesting for it. Probably the only actor below that height range (besides maaaybe Gyllenhaal) I can see getting close to it.

He'd be great for a more Silver Age/Morrison style of Batman. And he's got that vintage Hollywood aesthetic that I think would pair very well with Corenswet.

But my heated bias against a blonde Bruce Wayne would require a dye job or wig.

Last edited:
I do want a vibe very different from Pattinson just to avoid muddying the waters even further, and Powell has that going for him. But he wouldn’t be my first choice.

Powell as Batman feels so off. He's very good, but his face is weird for that role to me.

Powell as Hal Jordan/Booster Gold, I can definitely see. Batman? Not really sure on that one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"