• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

Brave and the Bold Casting Thread

Pace will be perfect (for this rendition), different feel than Pattinson (whom I love)... more O'Neil & Neal Adams (and less Rucka & Bermejo). Think of a mix of his H&CF intrigue, Foundation presence, and Pushing Daisies charm/humor.

Pace will be perfect (for this rendition), different feel than Pattinson (whom I love)... more O'Neil & Neal Adams (and less Rucka & Bermejo). Think of a mix of his H&CF intrigue, Foundation presence, and Pushing Daisies charm/humor.
IMO, DCU should be Batman by way of ‘60s/‘70s James Bond, while Pattinson is Batman by way of Fincher.

And Pace would be a good fit for that.

There's one major advantage about Lee Pace.

Whoever plays this Batman will have to be the new Kevin Conroy. Essentially voicing Batman on all the DCU animated projects and video games.

Guys like Harnett, Gylenhaal etc are too much in the 'serious' Hollywood actor camp for that level of commitment.

Pace is cheaper, while still being a known actor, and isn't above taking on this type of work.

Pace, unlike Jensen Ackles for example, can also work as a Hollywood film lead. So he does check the most boxes.

Alfred Pennyworth

807c17280c9dc961a8099c234839bc4ad182575f.gifv

958ea995e5e7f51f9ed3a334c1d60f4efae1864a.jpg

Granted, they’re both not much older than Serkis, so that doesn’t necessarily gel with my wanting a Batman who’s a fair bit older than Pattinson, but they’ve got the right vibe IMO.

I don’t know, maybe I’d throw Bill Nighy in there too.

Alfred Pennyworth

807c17280c9dc961a8099c234839bc4ad182575f.gifv

958ea995e5e7f51f9ed3a334c1d60f4efae1864a.jpg

Granted, they’re both not much older than Serkis, so that doesn’t necessarily gel with my wanting a Batman who’s a fair bit older than Pattinson, but they’ve got the right vibe IMO.

I don’t know, maybe I’d throw Bill Nighy in there too.

Excellent actors; I still think I would have preferred Ralph Fiennes over Andy Serkis in The Batman tbh.

For DCU Batman & Alfred, I’d go Lee Pace (44) and Pierce Brosnan (70):

Lee-Pace-in-Foundation.jpeg

04713666d6f050ea90882e31885764da28f1cb173318a22c81c709eeec331089._RI_TTW_SX1080_FMjpg_.jpg

And Charles Melton (33) as Dick Grayson / Nightwing. Although he may be too old, compared to our DCU Superman.

Last edited:
Probably won't happen because of his age, but I'd love to see Charles Dance as Alfred.

Talking to the same publication, Ventimiglia also revealed he wouldn’t attempt to land the role of Bruce Wayne. The actor had auditioned to be the Dark Knight at one point but Robert Pattinson ultimately landed the part.

“No because at this point, I’m probably too young,” he told ComicBook about not auditioning for the Batman role in Gunn’s The Brave and the Bold. “That’s how it goes, man. When they say they want young Batman, they want some young. When they say they want old Batman, they want someone older.”
(link)

I don't think he'd be a great choice, but it's interesting that Milo Ventimiglia's auditioned for Bruce before - apparently for The Batman, too, which is interesting given how much older he is than Pattinson/Hoult/everyone else who was seriously considered. Might mean he ends up in the mix for the DCU, despite his expectations that they'll go with someone older (which I doubt - he's already 46, the right age if not a little on the old side for this version of the character).

Ain't **** cracking.

I don't think they're in a rush to make this tbh.

They will be if Superman Legacy doesn't meet financial expectations. That's when WB always brings on Batman.

Another one who should test for Batman. Ben Walker (41)

a9b64da98bd073a606eb44c009697356-thumbben.jpg bats4.png

Similar height and build to Hemsworth.

65b0a54edb060c9cbe1be07c637758be.jpg

Comes off as mature enough now to play Batman the father.

Hmm that’s interesting. Points for creativity.

Loved him in May December. Although I haven’t seen Dune 2 yet, I could see WB putting Austin Butler on a shortlist for Gunn & Safran too.

Yeah I'm kinda on board with him. Him, Abbott or Sklenar.

8e0134ab739370625d9f956f24ac5666240fcf17.gifv

My cast for Brave & The Bold would look like this:

- Bruce Wayne/Batman- Alan Ritchson
- Damian Wayne- Javon Walton
- Alfred Pennyworth- Ray Winstone
- Talia Al Ghul- Golshifteh Farahani
- Jim Gordon- Bill Pullman
- Dick Grayson/Nightwing- Dylan O Brien
- Jason Todd/Red Hood- Dacre Montgomery
- Ra's Al Ghul- Oded Fehr
- Slade Wilson/Deathstroke- Eric Bana
- The Joker- Bill Skarsgard

Javon Walton is gonna be at least 20 when this thing hits. I think that’s a bit outside the age range they’re looking for.

Its enjoyable reading some of these out of the box casting choices. I love the creativity many of you have. And when I say out of the box, it is a compliment because many of these are still ideal, but I'd never even thought of them.

Its enjoyable reading some of these out of the box casting choices. I love the creativity many of you have. And when I say out of the box, it is a compliment because many of these are still ideal, but I'd never even thought of them.
That's what I was at least trying to go for

Brave & The Bold [2027] another fan cast I would even go with:

- Bruce Wayne/Batman- Michael Fassbender
- Alfred Pennyworth- Charles Dance

- Harvey Dent/Two Face- Richard Madden

- Jim Gordon- Ethan Hawke
- Selina Kyle/Catwoman- Jaimie Alexander
- Tim Drake/Robin III- Noah Schnapp
- The Joker- Bill Skarsgard (he's just too perfect as Joker)

- Barbara Gordon/Batgirl- Maya Hawke
- Damian Wayne/Robin IV- Evan Whitten

- Harley Quinn- Anya Taylor Joy
- Oswald Cobblepot/Penguin- Jonah Hill
- Poison Ivy- Jessica Chastain
- Jason Todd/Red Hood- Jeremy Allen White
- Mr Freeze- Christoph Waltz
- Ra's Al Ghul- Arnold Vosloo
- Talia Al Ghul- Sophia Boutella

- Roman Sionis/Black Mask- Jason Statham
- Dr Jonathan Crane/Scarecrow- Adam Driver

Users who are viewing this thread