Brazillian magazine puts in question if Sandman killed Ben...

And what ridiculous logic are you using to come up with that nonsense?? As Dragon already said, Sandman pulling the trigger doesn't change the fact that Peter failing to stop the criminal in the office caused Ben's death.

If his partner had been stopped, Marko would have left and not needed a getaway car.

"I think what we have here is a failure to communicate."

Did you take the time to read my posts or did you skim over them, already with the knowledge that you were going to strongly disagree with them?

Where is that? Oh, yes, here it is:

Also, to all you naysayers saying that Peter would still be responsible for Uncle Ben's death, it's clearly in the novel that Peter REALIZED that he was NOT responsible for Uncle Ben's death after hearing that Flint Marko was the "real killer".

So, Peter apparently NO LONGER has that burden since he obviously felt like he wasn't responsible? If you're to trust the novel, then there you go.

So, I suggest you reread my posts or follow your own advice and leave the conversation.

Cheers. :woot:

You first, troll :whatever:

And what ridiculous logic are you using to come up with that nonsense?? As Dragon already said, Sandman pulling the trigger doesn't change the fact that Peter failing to stop the criminal in the office caused Ben's death.

If his partner had been stopped, Marko would have left and not needed a getaway car.

Then by all means leave.

Your arrogance and hostility will not be missed.

Just a few more weeks till this is solved, Doc. Of course, these guys will be sure that the Spidey 3.1 DVD will reveal Sandman's innocence. ;)

Ben's death taught Peter about responsibility, which we saw in Spidey 1. The lesson Peter learns in Spidey 3 is more complex. A NEW level of responsibility- that even though he might be right, it's more important that he's JUST. This lesson can only be learned if Sandman is guilty.

That's no lesson at all. Peter knows that he shouldn't go hurt innocent people.

Exactly. And this can only happen if he's going after someone who's actually guilty. If he goes after someone who's innocent, what does he learn?

Not to hurt the wrong people? Not to trust info from the police? Not to wear alien costumes?

What are you basing this on? In every scene shown, and in the novel, Sandman does his best to put Spidey's lights out. Hardly a gesture of forgiveness.

EXACTLY. He learns the lesson that Revenge is WRONG- Even if the person you're after is GUILTY.

It doesn't disregard it in anyway. AGAIN- Peter lets a criminal go free- and because of that- BEN DIES. Who pulled the trigger doesn't matter. Peter's vain inaction is what leads to Ben's death.

That's where you're wrong. A person who kills can still be sympathetic. That's why there are different levels of criminality when it comes to killings. There's First degree, Second degree, manslaughter, criminally negligent homicide- There can be mitigating circumstances. And that's what Peter learns- It isn't always black and white. There are shades of gray. That's something a number of folks here need to realize as well.

So you're saying there's no such thing as accidental shootings? Marko points the gun at Ben to scare him- and Marko himself is scared. They struggle and the gun goes off accidentally.

Obviously not. Marko shot Ben because Peter let the carjacker/burglar/whatever get away. No robbery means no carjacking- which means Ben lives. That simple.

No it isn't, because its not a twist. Harry has his own agenda which continues after Peter has defeated Sandman. There's never a point where Peter is in a position to harm Sandman- when he becomes aware of any parallel with Harry. When Peter and Sandman have their FINAL confrontation Harry has forgiven Peter, and Peter is somewhat at Sandman's mercy. So Peter suddenly realizing some parallel with Harry's anger is moot.

Dude, the fact that you equate a gun-toting criminal, albeit with a heart of gold, shooting someone with said gun, to Aunt May being Carnage already reflects your extreme position on the matter. And many of the points you raise reflect that you haven't looked at this scenario from all the angles. You're starting from the point of some perceived bastardization of Spidey's origin because one character as opposed to another pulled the trigger in Ben's death, without realizing that it doesn't matter who pulled the trigger. Only what Peter did and did not do.

Sam Raimi is a skilled storyteller. Again- maybe if you opened your mind to the possibility that he thought this through before committing millions of dollars to this enterprise you might actually be able to enjoy this film. If not, that's your choice.

Dragon says it like it is once again :up:

"I think what we have here is a failure to communicate."

Did you take the time to read my posts or did you skim over them, already with the knowledge that you were going to strongly disagree with them?

You think Sandman didn't kill Uncle Ben. Reading anything you've got to say would be a waste of time. But, to answer your question, yes, I read what you said.

Your ranting makes for an amusing read.

So, Peter apparently NO LONGER has that burden since he obviously felt like he wasn't responsible? If you're to trust the novel, then there you go.

Wait, now you're using the novel as a defence?? You said you don't believe what it says about Sandman killing Ben.

Make up your mind, you can't have it both ways.

And, so what if Peter doesn't feel responsible anymore?? That doesn't mean he isn't. Doesn't change the fact that if he stopped Marko's partner, there would have been no reason to take Ben's car.

Simple as that. Nothing has changed other than who pulled the trigger.

So, I suggest you reread my posts or follow your own advice and leave the conversation.

I don't need to re-read your posts. I know exactly what you're saying. And it's a whole load of nonsense. You're arguing against something that has been presented as a fact several times over.

Cheers :woot:

Just a few more weeks till this is solved, Doc. Of course, these guys will be sure that the Spidey 3.1 DVD will reveal Sandman's innocence. ;)

LOL! Don't give them ideas, dude :D

And here we are.

And Spider-Man 3 was a complete **** up.

Not because of Venom or Peter's dancing or anything...while painful, those things were bearable.

No, they actually went the route of destroying origins.

Raimi, you have lost all my respect as a director.

Arad, you've yet again failed to gain any of my respect as a producer.

Sargent, you have pissed me off for the last time!

You're saying that you've lost all respect for the director of A Simple Plan, The Gift, Evil Dead, Army of Darkness, Darkman and Spider-Man 2....because he made Sandman pull the trigger?

Isn't that a bit much?

Anyway, I think I would have preferred if the origin been left alone because it was perfect. The perfect superhero origin in a movie and if you watch SM1, it still is. But, with that said, I'm not distraught over the change. It actually helped develop Peter and Flint Marko remarkably well. And Peter did shirk all responsibility not only for Ben's death, but EVERYTHING when he learned what he thought was the truth.

But learning why Flint did it made a major impact on Peter after seeing what vegence did to Brock and put Harry though. But also, he still let the criminal go who caused Flint to kill Ben Parker and drove away without remorse. Peter is still guilty in many respects, but his decision to be Spider-Man is more than guilt now. It is being responsible.

So I don't hate it. Just neutral on the whole thing.

And here we are.

And Spider-Man 3 was a complete **** up.

Not because of Venom or Peter's dancing or anything...while painful, those things were bearable.

No, they actually went the route of destroying origins.

Raimi, you have lost all my respect as a director.

Arad, you've yet again failed to gain any of my respect as a producer.

Sargent, you have pissed me off for the last time!
wow.....
u bump this to say that?

Well, he might as well stop being responsible.

This is just a set-up for a sequel where Spider-Man loses his sense of direction and we must again watch Peter Parker find himself for 2 hours and then 7 minutes of overblown action.

Well, he might as well stop being responsible.

Did you even watch the movie? If Peter had stopped Carradine, Marko wouldn't have pulled the trigger. Of course he's still responsible, and he knows it. I don't see what the big problem with the retcon is, because it doesn't change what happened: if Peter had acted responsibly, his uncle would still be alive. All SM3 did to the origin story was give it some closure, by allowing Peter to forgive what happened - including his own role in his uncle's death.

And if Marko wasn't stealing money, he wouldn't have been shooting Uncle Ben in the first place.

And if Marko wasn't stealing money, he wouldn't have been shooting Uncle Ben in the first place.

And if Carradine wasn't stealing money, there wouldn't be a problem to begin with.

So going by your logic, SM1 was ruined by SM1.:whatever:

Seeing as how you didn't address my point, I'm going to assume that you've conceded the argument. I'm not going to bother with someone who substitutes logic for the "Whatever I say, goes" childlike mentality.

i agree with cristo, raimi ****ed the third one up

I haven't conceded anything.

You're doing the online equivalent of sticking your fingers in your ears and humming loudly. You don't want to debate, you just want to whine. So as far as any argument goes, you've conceded.

For the people who don't think reading FAQs and rules are cool....if you create a new name to post under while you are on probation, the original name is banned and the new name now gets the probation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"