Breakfast Cereal talk

I remember waking up on a Saturday morning as a kid, licking my lips for the delicious taste of cereal. The magical flow as it would pour into the bowl. The splashing of the cold milk as it would drown the cereal in a perfect celebration. Oh and the many surprises that awaited within the box waiting to be played with.
Oh how I miss them times.

I miss those days two . its exactly how you described . i used to have the captain crunch berries and wait until the x-men cartoon would be on fox network , such good times..
.. now i usually wake up saturday hungover ... too late to eat breakfast ... and a crapload of errands to do .
R.I.P. childhood.

Fruity Pebbles
Froot Loops
Frosted Flakes (With additional sugar spooned over them)

As TJ from "The Smart Guy" once said of Frosted Flakes, "all the sugar falls down to the bottom, so the last couple of bowls are really good."

I am a firm believer that one may get older, but one needn't grow up. :up: This Saturday, relive the glory days. :cwink:
:grin: This calls for Sugar Puffs!
I miss those days two . its exactly how you described . i used to have the captain crunch berries and wait until the x-men cartoon would be on fox network , such good times..
.. now i usually wake up saturday hungover ... too late to eat breakfast ... and a crapload of errands to do .
R.I.P. childhood.

I can't even look at food in the morning:csad:
It feels so young to eat such nice good
when feeling tired and crappy.

I don't like milk, I eat all my cereal dry. It's going down right now, Frosted Mini Wheats in a Glad container.

I do miss those days. I can't find the time right now to actually eat cereal. I'll have cravings for the most random cereals too, ones I haven't had forever. So then I go to the store to actually act on these cravings just to find out that all the boxes look completely different or the cereals I liked no longer exist.

Oh Quisp, where have you gone.

You know what I wasn't around for, but wish I was?

Fruit Brute and Yummy Mummy, the lesser known Monsters of Cereal.

My uncle says they were good.

I remember waking up on a Saturday morning as a kid, licking my lips for the delicious taste of cereal. The magical flow as it would pour into the bowl. The splashing of the cold milk as it would drown the cereal in a perfect celebration. Oh and the many surprises that awaited within the box waiting to be played with.
Oh how I miss them times.

I know exactly what you mean. That was part of the "Wonder Years" for me.

Some of my all time favorites(in no particular order since I was at the mercy of what my mother purchase and what I had a taste for at the time)

Cocoa Pebbles (Loved that it turned the milk into chocolate milk)

Corn Puffs

Super Sugar Crisp or Smacks (Same thing)

Kelloggs Corn Flakes (Had to be Kelloggs and you could never go wrong with the one but you had to eat it quick because it would go soggy quick)

Capt Crunch

Crunch Berries (I would pour into a bowl and only eat the berries)

Trix (Not bad from time to time)

Honeycombs (Not be favorite because it was a bland taste but hey it had sugar!)

Rice Krispys (I don't know why I loved this one because it was bland to but I think it was the snap crackle and pop that did it.

Apple Jacks (Loved them)

Boo Berry (One of the monster cereals)

Lucky Charms (mmm...marshmellows!)

Fruit Loops

Quisp (Now I'm telling my age. Don't think its made anymore)

Wheaties (Not really but hey I was an athlete as a kid. It was required)

Basically though regardless of the brand, if my mom bought it, I ate it.

In fact when I moved out at age 23, the only thing I really ate for the first year was cereal and milk as that was all I could afford.

I know exactly what you mean. That was part of the "Wonder Years" for me.

Quisp (Now I'm telling my age. Don't think its may anymore)

Ah, I just said something about that. That stuff was delish! You can order it online now. Mmm. Spacey Martian Goodness.

I loved Lucky Charms.
We don't even sell them here
anymore:csad:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"