Breaking News: Osama Bin Laden Is Dead! - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Calvin

Muchas smooches
Reaction score
i have no problem with that but i think that was a MISSION to kill HIM NOT to consider any chance to take him alive...if you going for a KILL MISSION you dont care much about weapons or not...

From Panetta himself: Panetta underscored on Tuesday that Obama had given permission to kill the terror leader: "The authority here was to kill bin Laden," he said. "And obviously, under the rules of engagement, if he had in fact thrown up his hands, surrendered and didn't appear to be representing any kind of threat, then they were to capture him. But they had full authority to kill him."

And also here: Asked about the final confrontation with bin Laden, Panetta said: "I don't think he had a lot of time to say anything." The CIA chief told PBS NewsHour, "It was a firefight going up that compound. ... I think it - this was all split-second action on the part of the SEALs."

Panetta said that bin Laden made "some threatening moves that were made that clearly represented a clear threat to our guys. And that's the reason they fired."

Clearly i've misunderstood all the purposes of this thread... It's making me very uneasy. I think i'm bowing out. All the best gentlemen.

The purpose of the thread is to discuss these events.

If it is real, then someone's about to lose their job for taking unauthorized pictures and then leaking them.

Definitely.

No photos will be released! according to Obama according to Fox News.

Last edited:
Yes, because having to take off your shoes before a flight is the same thing as having one of your loved ones taken hostage and killed. Right.......

but that's the way govenment argues. if we dont do that, they will be able to do that. if we dont pass this law, they will have the chance to do that. with fear you can control people...

I found a pic of Osama that is terribly graphic. Do not click below if you are squeamish at all.

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!!

imagephp.gif

:wow:

that's exactly what happend over the last 10 years since 9/11. we haven given up our freedom/rights for protection against terrorist...and people all over the world wonder about governments interfere in private lifes...

lol wut

You sure aren't subtle about dodging questions you don't like.

POTUS has decided not to release photos. Conspiracy theories are going to go wild now, haha.

i agree with what people have said..if you need a pic to prove he is dead then whats to keep them from saying its photoshopped

i agree with what people have said..if you need a pic to prove he is dead then whats to keep them from saying its photoshopped

Exactly. As soon as Obama released his "long form" birth certificate, the birthers pushed further down the rabbit hole by saying it was fake. The same kind of stuff would happen with the Bin Laden conspiracy theories. If the Muslim World rejected the news as American propaganda, THEN you release the evidence. But since the Muslim World has had a very subdued reaction to the news and even Bin Laden's terrorist buddies have admitted that it's legit, the only thing releasing a photo would accomplish is pissing off the Muslim World -- which leads to more terrorism.

POTUS has decided not to release photos. Conspiracy theories are going to go wild now, haha.

They could have paraded the body around and put it on display in every city in the States and you'd still have people insisting it was fake.

that's exactly what happend over the last 10 years since 9/11. we haven given up our freedom/rights for protection against terrorist...and people all over the world wonder about governments interfere in private lifes...

So exactly what freedoms were given up? We still have the right to free speech, the right to freely assemble, and the right to worship how we see fit...
Can you enumerate which freedoms we have lost? I'm eager to hear.

i dont get why people still care whether he is alive or not. the guys has been "dead" for couple years. no influence anymore, nothing. so, if the united states say, he's dead then he is dead...

Damn right there will be questions, why shouldn't there be.

The amount of times we've all been lied to, I think we need more than their word.

i dont get why people still care whether he is alive or not. the guys has been "dead" for couple years. no influence anymore, nothing. so, if the united states say, he's dead then he is dead...
From the sound of what they found in his compound, it sure doesn't sound like he was inactive.

So exactly what freedoms were given up? We still have the right to free speech, the right to freely assemble, and the right to worship how we see fit...
Can you enumerate which freedoms we have lost? I'm eager to hear.

I would argue that the right to free speech is inhibited if everyone knows our phones are wiretapped.

I think it makes this whole thing seem a lot more secretive than anything that was done before.

Damn right there will be questions, why shouldn't there be.

The amount of times we've all been lied to, I think we need more than their word.

If you can't trust the government declaring that Osama Bin Laden is dead, I don't see how a photo would change anything. It's not like the skeptics won't say that the photo is doctored or they got Hollywood to make a Bin Laden lookalike for them to take a picture of.

the right to worship is also a bit risky if you're a muslim...just see what happend couple months ago about the so called ground zero mosque.

guys, i'm happy that he's dead and i dont give a **** whether they release a photo or not...but we created this mess in some ways...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
japanorsomewher
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"