Iron Man Bridges is The Mandarin & Favreau is Happy Hogan.

^ I thought of that too and that was disucussed earlier in this thread. It's gonna be interesting to see what Favreau has done. I have faith. Hell I loved Zathura.

The Mandarin is going to be the old man who's locked up with him in the cave.

Stane is going to be a puppet of the Mandarin's...The Mandarin will show up at the end of #1 setting up #2.

from this screencap, it looks like Yin-sen bought it.
trailer6.jpg

I'm telling ya'll Stane or Yinsen (the guy in the cave with Stark) isn't Mandarin, he's in the background pulling the strings. Noone knows who he is because 1. Marvel's keeping him a secret and 2. he'll probably have very little screen time and his scenes were probably filmed in a matter of days.

Mavel is not revamping, updating and bringing Mandarin back from the dead in the comics just to change him up in the movie. Favs said something a few weeks back about paying close attention to the IM storyline in the comics.

The Mandarin is going to be the old man who's locked up with him in the cave.

Stane is going to be a puppet of the Mandarin's...The Mandarin will show up at the end of #1 setting up #2.

I highly doubt that. So far it seems Favreau is staying real close to the comics and in the comics Yinsen dies to buy Stark more time to get suited up and escape.

But maybe he won't really die. Who knows? Favreau also said he's not gonna make him a Fu Manchu villain with rings either.

But maybe he won't really die. Who knows? Favreau also said he's not gonna make him a Fu Manchu villain with rings either.

That's why they're revamping him in the comics, he's now coming off as a suave mastermind villain, rather than the predictable, stereotypical mustache twirling villain.

I know he said he wasn't going to have him all Fu Manchu with rings but I myself at least, hope to hell it's not Yinsen. I don't need a surprise villian at the end or alluding to a sequel to like this movie. I would rather Yinsen actually be who he is in the comics and really die for Stark. A little more meaningful that way.

I'm glad he's not going to be a fu-man chu villain, wearing B.C. robes, but I do hope they incorporate the power rings. He can still find them in Iron Man 2, and use them. He could just be a suave guy in an armani suit using them instead of a crazy guy in a kung fu outfit.

As soon as I saw the promo pic of Bridges in costume, and heard that he was cast as a major role, I figured he was gonna be Mandarin and they were gonna do a Batman Begins thing.

I still think so.

As soon as I saw the promo pic of Bridges in costume, and heard that he was cast as a major role, I figured he was gonna be Mandarin and they were gonna do a Batman Begins thing.

I still think so.

I don't see how this wouldn't come off as anything but a ripoff of the Ducard twist from Batman Begins, so I hope you are wrong.

Well he's definately the bad guy, considering there's a shot of him in the trailer wearing a giant robotic suit and firing a missile.

And the Ducard "twist" was hardly a "twist". You can't honestly tell me you didn't see that coming from a mile off. Even when Neeson was cast I knew he'd be Ra's, despite Watanabe.

Well he's definately the bad guy, considering there's a shot of him in the trailer wearing a giant robotic suit and firing a missile.

He is playing a character called Obadiah Stane, who is a villain in the IronMan comics, and that robotic suit is called the Iron Monger in the comics as well.

And the Ducard "twist" was hardly a "twist". You can't honestly tell me you didn't see that coming from a mile off. Even when Neeson was cast I knew he'd be Ra's, despite Watanabe.

Doesn't matter. It would still be too much of a ripoff of what happened in BB, and I am not sure Favreau would want to go down that kind of a road. I hope he has something better than that up his sleeve.

Iron Man plot at this point is pretty obvious. While the details obviously escape me, the plot is a retelling of both the origin (slightly updated) and Invincible Iron Man 200...which featured the Iron Monger storyline. That particular issue even features scene, like a fight on the highway, similar to what is being filmed that we know of.

If the story goes like I expect, Obidiah Stane will kill himself at the end with a lazer blast to the face. If this is indeed the case, I could see them spinning his suicide into a reason for Iron Man's alcoholism.

And if Favearu is as forthcoming about the quote "if you want to know what's in the movie read the comics" as it seems, there is an excellent story featuring Rhodey and the Mandarin during Tony's drift into alcoholism for the sequel. However, thus far, from his quotes the story seems to be contained somewhere within the pages of 200 and the early origin.

I still hope that they avoid any twists where Obadiah Stane or Yinsen is really the Mandarin. I don't deny that character will have to be updated in order to work in a movie, but his Chinese background and the rings have to stay.

I still hope that they avoid any twists where Obadiah Stane or Yinsen is really the Mandarin. I don't deny that character will have to be updated in order to work in a movie, but his Chinese background and the rings have to stay.

I agree! I even think it would be too cheesy for a modern movie to have him as Fu Manchu as he was in the comics but I want him to be Chinese with the rings or at least some type of similar technology in place of the rings that won't upset.

I think Stane has a very strong investor come in from China, no one really know who this is but he will be controlling Stanes operations so if Stane is killed at the end this mysterious Chinese investor will come to light!!

Absolutely, otherwise it is simply not the Mandarin. Update him certainly, but dont lose the essence of the character while doing so.

They could just have it that rings were designed from alien technology found in a crashed UFO, IMO that would be acceptable without being TOO beyond the realms of possibilty for realistic sci-fi.

^Some people might even say alien technology is too far fetched. I'd be cool with him just creating the stones the rings are based in as a new source of power for the world, then slowly have him go nuts and turn them into rings for his own weaponry.

^Some people might even say alien technology is too far fetched. I'd be cool with him just creating the stones the rings are based in as a new source of power for the world, then slowly have him go nuts and turn them into rings for his own weaponry.

Well, if Mandarin doesnt get the rings until the sequel, it depends how sci-fi the first movie goes.

Plus, if Transformers can get away with saying all modern human technology is based on Megatron, i dont think a company making weapons using alien technology is that far fetched.

general public didnt know that ra's was ducard. they didnt know that liam was the villain. with IM they are promoting the movie with bridges as the villain.

Well, if Mandarin doesnt get the rings until the sequel, it depends how sci-fi the first movie goes.

Plus, if Transformers can get away with saying all modern human technology is based on Megatron, i dont think a company making weapons using alien technology is that far fetched.
IMO its not the same. i think i am now not in a position to even say how will iM look. but to me while seeing hte teaser IM looks like a BB movie. so if we get aliens at teh end or in the sequel.........then its over.
if they want to then they need to do it in the first movie and they need to make sure that there is no line.

IMO its not the same. i think i am now not in a position to even say how will iM look. but to me while seeing hte teaser IM looks like a BB movie. so if we get aliens at teh end or in the sequel.........then its over.
if they want to then they need to do it in the first movie and they need to make sure that there is no line.

We dont need to see aliens though, just say Mandarin forged the rings from alien technology, it doesnt really have to be explained other than it was a crashed UFO.

Is that terrorist in the cave who tells him to build a missile an actor from 24?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"