Transformers brief sexual humor, and language.

Terminator

Judgment Day
Reaction score
Why is this in this movie? Not to sound like a concerned parent or something, but soooooo much of this movie is marketed to children. It doesn't fit at all. Besides the writing it's another thing that keeps this from series like Pirates, Spider-Man, and Harry Potter. Instead of an epic family movie, it feels like it's made for brain dead teens.

Yea the crude humor pissed me off. Other than that I really enjoyed the film.

Its made for 13year old... and THATS how they think..
trust me.. i was one once :p

Was I suppose to laugh during those scenes? :whatever:

Seriously, the "brief sexual humor" is in no way something that should keep anyone from taking kids seing this movie.

I have a 5 year old and a 7 year old, the only thing stoping me from taking them to see this movie is scenes like Scorponok stinging the one soldier and a couple of other violent shots. But I'll let them see it on DVD when it comes out.

But it really shouldn't be in there. And i'm not talking as a Transformers geek..it's just..it's not what this series should be. Stuff like this isn't in Spider-Man for a reason.

you cant really beat around the bush with Megan Fox on screen, when shes on the screen every man thinks of ****ing her, so I guess they just added the humor of what every man was thinking, regardless of their age

But it really shouldn't be in there. And i'm not talking as a Transformers geek..it's just..it's not what this series should be. Stuff like this isn't in Spider-Man for a reason.

I'm glad it's in there. There is nothing wrong with sexual humor in a family movie. And it's quite logic (probably the only logical thing in the movie).

Just weird that one reacts to that harmless humor, but one is not bothered by the violence. In Spider-Man the Green Goblin got penetrated through the gut. Thats family movie to some, but having a little humor about sex is not?

Where is the logic in that?

you cant really beat around the bush with Megan Fox on screen, when shes on the screen every man thinks of ****ing her, so I guess they just added the humor of what every man was thinking, regardless of their age

Was that a pun? :o

I'm glad it's in there. There is nothing wrong with sexual humor in a family movie. And it's quite logic (probably the only logical thing in the movie).

Just weird that one reacts to that harmless humor, but one is not bothered by the violence. In Spider-Man the Green Goblin got penetrated through the gut. Thats family movie to some, but having a little humor about sex is not?

Where is the logic in that?

Because it's not overly violent. My nephew doesn't have a glider to kill anyone with but he certainly goes around calling people dumb ****. Why the hell should a little kid be saying "Mom, what does *********ing mean?" after watching a TRANSFORMERS movie? It ain't Knocked Up.

It's PG-13 for a reason dude, lol. Should have looked at the rating.

The audience and I LOVE that scene. It always is the scene that gets the biggest response. That whole scene was HILARIOUS! I have never seen an audience laugh that much, well- okay maybe for Clerks II... but, other than that- not really. That scene always gets a great response.

Probably because everyone's been in that or something like that situation before.

Because it's not overly violent. My nephew doesn't have a glider to kill anyone with but he certainly goes around calling people dumb ****. Why the hell should a little kid be saying "Mom, what does *********ing mean?" after watching a TRANSFORMERS movie? It ain't Knocked Up.

If you can bare taking a kid to a movie where someone gets penetraded in the gut and a Spider-Man beaten all bloody then one surely can take a kid to a movie were one says the word "*********e" :)

If you don't know what *********ing is by 13 I pity you.

because kids are starting to learn things at a much younger age now.

I'm glad it's in there. There is nothing wrong with sexual humor in a family movie.

That's an obviously debatable statement, but it's a moot point anyway because PG-13 films by definition aren't "family" movies. They're not aimed at pre-teens and parents are warned against bringing them.

I'll admit that I was a bit surprised by the *********ion references and some of the horn-dog teenage humor since this is a Transformers movie after all. However, anyone with a brain should see the PG-13 rating and realize what they're getting into.

If a parent with younger kids (say, under 10) asked me if I thought TF was appropriate, I'd probably say that the violence, intense action scenes (like the stuff with the soldiers in the desert) and the slightly risque jokes and language might be a reason to not take them. Then they could make a more informed decision for themselves.

I used the middle finger when I was 5, lol. :up:

I saw some older kid using it and I followed suit.

And that was the 90s! Now a' days, yeah- they'd probably know what the terms *********ion and sex mean. Not at 5, but at least 8-10.

If you don't pick something up from movies- you pick it up on the school bus.

If you don't know what *********ing is by 13 I pity you.

Hey, way to miss the point.

I hope they remember to put Transformers next to Not Another Teen Movie on the DVD shelves. :whatever:

A little girl in front of me asked his dad what *********ion was during the film. I lmao. Poor parent.

The crowd loved the comedy.

As did mine and I worried for the world. We're ****ing doomed people.

Lmaol. It's PG-13 dude. If anyone doesn't know what PG-13 means- I feel sorry for them.

I've heard the word countless times in a PG-13 film before. I've seen sex scenes in a PG-13 before.

Oh and if you have trouble with that- yank your kid off of the school bus.

So, seriously I don't know what the problem is.

This film is geared towards 13 and above and it even states that in the rating. Here's a suggestion, be smart next time and look at the rating system- it's there for a reason. No one's fault that you obviously never read it.

And that was the 90s! Now a' days, yeah- they'd probably know what the terms *********ion and sex mean. Not at 5, but at least 8-10.

That's mostly true, but it's still the parent's decision as to when and where they choose to expose their younger kids to "brief sexual humor" in movies. Thus we have the more detailed ratings descriptions. I wonder how many parents even bother to read them however.

Hey, way to miss the point.

I hope they remember to put Transformers next to Not Another Teen Movie on the DVD shelves. :whatever:

I didn't miss the point at all. The movie isn't rated G or PG

Micheal Bay wanted to make the movie more geared to Teens/Adults. I'm suprised the toy company that owns Transformers even allowed it. They should of done the smart thing and kept a clause that allowed them to change such things.

Not that I hear them complaining about all the money rolling in.

I know the rating, I just don't understand it at all. Hey kids! Buy the Optimus Prime helmet! Don't see the movie though, it's not for you..

I wonder how many parents even bother to read them however.

Exactly. Couldn't have said it better myself. The ratings are there for a REASON, not just to look "pretty" on a poster or any other marketing venue. Lol.

If you can bare taking a kid to a movie where someone gets penetraded in the gut and a Spider-Man beaten all bloody then one surely can take a kid to a movie were one says the word "*********e" :)

I was surprised they had that in the film considering its the same movie thats being promoted through kids meals toys at Burger King.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
japanorsomewher
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"