• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Comics Bring me up to speed on...

Rabid_Rust

Civilian
Reaction score
OK, so ever sense THe Other, i havn't bought a single book, cause I havn't been to any stores. SO, can you guys bring me up to speed on what's going on in Civil War, and The Clone Saga in Ultimate Spiderman? Just kinda... do a little telling of whats happening so far, and interesting points that happened. For example, i read somehwere that spidey smoked Captain america in the face? howd that happen?>

Rabid_Rust said:
OK, so ever sense THe Other, i havn't bought a single book, cause I havn't been to any stores. SO, can you guys bring me up to speed on what's going on in Civil War, and The Clone Saga in Ultimate Spiderman? Just kinda... do a little telling of whats happening so far, and interesting points that happened. For example, i read somehwere that spidey smoked Captain america in the face? howd that happen?>

Civil War: Due to an accident involving the New Warriors and a supervillian named Nitro, the entire town of Stamford was nearly obliterated, causing causalites near 700. Because of this, a Superhuman Registration act has been put in place, to control all American superhuman activity. Captain America views this as a breach of Civil Liberties, and has gone rogue, bringing a group of superhuman rebels with him (Cage, Daredevil, Cable, Falcon). However, Cap's good friend Iron Man has chosen to support the act and vows to bring Cap and the rebels in. In the midst of all this Peter has sided with Tony Stark on the pro-registration side on the law due to a promise he had made to him earlier. Because of this Peter has been forced to engage his previous allies such as Luke Cage, and Captain America in combat, due to their refusal to register with the government.

• Peter has unmasked publicaly to show his support for the act. This action has lead to numerous conflicts with his personal life, as he has had to resign his job as a school teacher, the Bugle is now suing him for 5 million dollars, and every bad guy he's ever faced is now coming out to get him.
  • Already Peter has had to deal with Doc Ock, and Mysterio attacking him publicaly, many more are promised to as well.
  • Peter has started to grow resentful, over Tony's eagerness to take on their old allies.
  • As well he has grown suspicious of Stark and the new costume, he was given, due to Tony knowing information, Peter never told him
  • Peter encountered Captain America in an alley. Although Cap tried to recruit him one last time, Peter refused and the two of them fought, with Cap gaining the upper hand, until Pete webbed his shield, and Cap left to help the others.
  • Peter later returns the shield to Cap, as a display of respect, however he is now left wondering whether or not what he is doing is right

Over in Ultimate, the Clone Saga has started and is only two issues in. Scans and reviews of the issues are in both the Ultimate and Reilly threads, however the general gist of it is,

Peter encounters the Ultimate version of the Scorpion, however upon defeating him, he realizes that the man under the Scorpion mask is actually him! Meanwhile MJ is kidnapped by another person who can stick to walls. Peter goes looking for her, but encounters the Ultimate verison of Spider-Woman, who talks exactly like him, and basically says she's going to help him get MJ back. Back in MJ town, she wakes in a big glass chamber and talks to a shadowy blonde guy who she recognizes as Peter. "Peter" basically says he'll make sure nobody ever hurts her again, and the issue ends with the exterior shot of OSCORP and MJ screaming.

In the spider-man/cap fight pete did cut cap's face with his new suit's extra arms.
Pete resigned from his job in the latest issue of FNSM but if you ask me it's been set up so over the next two issues he can save the school, win the parents over and get it back. i think the school job is too popular.

oh and we NEED some sort of newbie-friendly question thread people. this happens a lot...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"