British Teens Worst in Europe? Spare the rod, spoil the country!!

Whirlysplat

Superhero
Reaction score
Britain is in danger of becoming a nation fearful of its young people, a report has claimed.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/6074252.stm

I can offer other reasons that date back to the late eighties and early nineties.

A moral panic creator by Esther Ransom and others led to teens knowing there rights but not having responsibilities. Tha days went where an adult seeing a teen misbehaving badly could just physically show them the error of their deliquent ways went. Adults were scared of being prosecuted for "child abuse".

"Hanging out with mates" is what teenagers do in the UK.

Britisth teen girls are as bad as the boys

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/womanshour/2005_31_fri_01.shtml

Here are some typical U.K. teens, clean looking girls drinking on the streest in broad daylight! In the U.S. they would be immediatly dealt with for underage drinking. In the U.K. noone says or does a thing!

teen_girls247x165.jpg

Around 70,000 U.K. teens truant every day.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/womanshour/2005_36_tue_02.shtml

A typical teen

chav-42885.jpg

-Whirly

Darthphere said:
That guy is a chav.

He is actually a typical teen we will avoid labels like chav as they actually have seceral meanings. Some border on racist and are definatley an example of class hatred. Let's stick to the term "teen".

- Whirly

I was eagarly waiting for someone to post something about me.

I would have posted before otherwise.

Nah, I'm a good boy. I may be mean, Sometimes on these boards, but in real life, I'm a big softie.

But yeah...teems in Britain can be viciously horrible!

brittish adults fear teens??

i bloody fear them!!:eek::(

The Amazing Lee said:
I' not technically a teenager. I'm nearly 19.
nineteen

teenager
*points at lee with disgusted look on face*

Whirlysplat said:
Let's stick to the term "teen".

Nah, let's not, because a lot of them are not like that. Some are pretty decent.

He is a chav, so let's call him a chav. Or a ned, if we go with the Scottish term which means "Non Educated Delinquent".

Lord Valumart said:
nineteen

teenager
*points at lee with disgusted look on face*

Yeah but being 18, means you are an adult. You have consent. :o

The Amazing Lee said:
It also stands for Council Housed And Violent.

Thats actually not where it comes from though it comes from the traveller word chavvy, back to topic.

Teens are out of control in England I had a 14 year old girl ask me as I walked out of Asda if I would buy her and her friend some drinks. They even made an offer :( sickening.

- Whirly

Heh, I bet if I lived in the U.K. I'd be a chav.

Awesome. I can just imagine the old people there, sitting on their front porches glaring and shaking their fists at any young person who walks by.

It's weird though, the kids where I live sound like that. Even though the legal drinking age here is 18 all the kids get into the bars without any I.D. All as young as 14. There's also been a few window smashing incidents in town lately.

The Amazing Lee said:
Yeah but being 18, means you are an adult. You have consent. :o
i have consent??

COOL:D:D:D
what can i do?

Whirlysplat said:
Thats actually not where it comes from though it comes from the traveller word chavvy, back to topic.

Teens are out of control in England I had a 14 year old girl ask me ass I walked out of Asda if I would buy her and her freind some drinks. They even made an offer :( sickening.

- Whirly

Hahahaha, yeah I've had that. Though I've told em I didn't have any identification on me, or that they knew I was under-aged.

I remember I was on the back of a bus and these REALLY drunk 13-15 year olds got on the bus. They started chatting to me. The really drunk one was like "I am so STONED and DRUNK" can you touch my hand, I feel numb. I did but I was like WTF :confused:

they were then like "I've gotta meet a boy and I'm scared he'll turn me away because I'm really drunk." me being the polite boy I am said something like "well, if he really likes you, it doesn't matter whether you're drunk or not, he'll like you the way you are." she was like "awwww your girlfriend is lucky to have you."

She then proceeded to puke up all over the bus. The smell of regurgitated vodka is not a nice smell, I can assure you of that.

Mr. Thing said:
Nah, let's not, because a lot of them are not like that. Some are pretty decent.

He is a chav, so let's call him a chav. Or a ned, if we go with the Scottish term which means "Non Educated Delinquent".

chav is a classist term used by "middle class" people to look down on another group. I am working class, but I have a degree.

The term teen is more precise, I gave two very different examples of delinquency.

- Whirly

Whirlysplat said:
chav is a classist term used by "middle class" people to look down on another group. I am working class, but I have a degree.

The term teen is more precise, I gave two very different examples of delinquency.

- Whirly

I live in a council house. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"