• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Bruce wayne having a young super powered apprentice

November Rain

Single Mother
Reaction score
How would you think such a story line would play out. I think the limitations of bruce bringing up regular (or fairly regular) young folk shouldn't always be the case.

I had a dream the other day of what would have happened if bruce had taken the superboy clone under his wing.

taking a character with powers on that level would indeed lead to conflict between student and teacher in the areas of experience and usefulness as well as the ever ending battle of who can take who in their prime. Could also lead to the birth of an accepted best superhero of future generation, or villalin if conflict persues.

i know people aren't fond of bats having a partner anymore but i think if taken from a different angle, it could make a interesting tale.

the most ideal of these situations would be if a younger superman crashed in metropolis and was reared by a bruce wayne. has this ever been done in a dc version of 'what if'

just throwing ideas out for general thoughts, thanks in advance for your replies

i always thought it could be interesting to deal with somone who on paper has more raw power than him.

interesting to see him as a human still pulling this crazy amount of respect.

i imagine a training drill where said apprentice complains about how why he is doing drills when he could just zapp someone, then bruce performs such drill on him (dodging zapp) and reaching contact distance just to prove his point.

little specs of gems like that can be twinkled around, there are plenty for both characters.

i can see it now:
What If Bruce Wayne raised Superman?

Batman trained Superboy for a while.

True story.

Eddie Brock Jr. said:
i can see it now:
What If Bruce Wayne raised Superman?
Superman as Robin.
That would be really cool to see. and this time, Robin can actually fly.

Super powers could easly be turn to a weakness in combat
BATMAN wouldn't take that risk with an apprentist

The Question said:

poison ivy could take over the super powered persons mind
scarecrow fear gas could turn the super powered person against him
dr light could seriously blind him and in a fit of rage, cut your head off with his heat vision, in blin agony
telepathic attacks from a list of villians
and so on

OA blaster said:
poison ivy could take over the super powered persons mind
scarecrow fear gas could turn the super powered person against him
dr light could seriously blind him and in a fit of rage, cut your head off with his heat vision, in blin agony
telepathic attacks from a list of villians
and so on
surely the goals outweigh the risks?

that's like saying you should never work with people stronger than you incase they are used/manipulated by evil forces.

besides, this is bats we are talking about, ya know, mr contigency-plan-for-everything

:o

November Rain said:
surely the goals outweigh the risks?

that's like saying you should never work with people stronger than you incase they are used/manipulated by evil forces.

besides, this is bats we are talking about, ya know, mr contigency-plan-for-everything

:o

i stand corrected....

Bruce is also one of the new Supergirls surrogate parents, along with Kal and WW.

Eddie Brock Jr. said:

yup. excited yet?
icon9.gif

MiracloFiend said:
Bruce is also one of the new Supergirls surrogate parents, along with Kal and WW.

nobody like Supergirl recent or past

OA blaster said:
nobody like Supergirl recent or past

Are you saying "there's nobody like Supergirl" or "nobody likes Supergirl"?

Either way, alot of people liked Peter Davids Supergirl series.

who else thinks eddie brock jr and nov rain are the same guy?

Assassin said:
who else thinks eddie brock jr and nov rain are the same guy?
well, i wish you were right
but you're not
and Syn will vouch for me

That has actually happened if I do recall zero hour. A superboy robin. gggaaahhhh

Oh wait I think it was during what was his name black zero fight with all the superboys. Old.

Yeah, no one likes this new Supergirl. Everyone loves PAD's Supergirl though. Riot Grrl costume and all.

PAD"s supergirl would be cool if she wasnt called supergirl. but since she is, i hate her

kiuju2k said:
That has actually happened if I do recall zero hour. A superboy robin. gggaaahhhh

Oh wait I think it was during what was his name black zero fight with all the superboys. Old.
i mean a permanent side kick....

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"