The Dark Knight Rises Bruce Wayne: billionaire orphan

Dude

Civilian
Reaction score
With all of the negative discussion of TDKR, I think we miss the fact that the film makes us realize that the story of Bruce Wayne is essentially the story of an orphan dealing with the pain of being forcibly abandoned in the world. While Alfred was a doable substitute Bruce still grieved the loss of patents. This affects brain chemistry to young children. This is reflected in Bruce passing the mantle to another orphan as well as the establishment of an orphanage in his parents name. As someone in the adoption community, I have to say that Blake's monologue to Bruce when he informs him that he knows his identity is frighteningly accurate of the emotional turmoil these lonely souls go through. This is why TDKR is my favorite of the trilogy.

Am I off base?

You're not off base because all Batman stories are about dealing with some trauma. The very reason why Batman exists at all is because it is a way for Bruce to deal with those painful memories he holds onto. It's no coincidence that all the Robins have faced some turmoil as children, as well. The Dark Knight Rises offers an optimistic view of dealing that pain, saying that there is a way out of the darkness and we can all move on.

I prefer the ending to the Nolan trilogy than the idea of Bruce being Batman forever, because that's a very sad portrait of the character. It means that he couldn't get on with his life and leave crime fighting to the numerous sidekicks he has trained and raised like his own children. We must remember that underneath the cowl of The Batman is the person Bruce Wayne.

I prefer the ending to the Nolan trilogy than the idea of Bruce being Batman forever, because that's a very sad portrait of the character. It means that he couldn't get on with his life and leave crime fighting to the numerous sidekicks he has trained and raised like his own children. We must remember that underneath the cowl of The Batman is the person Bruce Wayne.

Agreed. I think the people who have issues with TDKR's ending (Bruce would NEVER retire!!!!!) would prefer an ending such as the one in Batman 89. Triumphant music, Batman looking over the city with the signal in the background. But I guess they don't just realize how truly sad that is, that this man will be spending the rest of his life, unable to ever deal with the trauma in his life, spending his days having his body pulverized and deteriorating while fighting crime.

Don't people want Bruce to be happy? Lol He found his happiness at the end and left Gotham secure by passing the torch to another protector. An ending I believe he truly deserves.

With all of the negative discussion of TDKR, I think we miss the fact that the film makes us realize that the story of Bruce Wayne is essentially the story of an orphan dealing with the pain of being forcibly abandoned in the world. While Alfred was a doable substitute Bruce still grieved the loss of patents. This affects brain chemistry to young children. This is reflected in Bruce passing the mantle to another orphan as well as the establishment of an orphanage in his parents name. As someone in the adoption community, I have to say that Blake's monologue to Bruce when he informs him that he knows his identity is frighteningly accurate of the emotional turmoil these lonely souls go through. This is why TDKR is my favorite of the trilogy.

Am I off base?

icon14.gif

I've said many times that TDKR is a very special movie , the way it deals with the legacy left to younger generations , and their importance in our society. It also tries to portrait a little bit of how some people deal with losses , and how it torments them throughout life.

The final moments of this picture , are not only an enormous triumph in a cinematic operatic way , its also a tremendous achievement to encapsulate a very important aspect of the history of this character. . As a fan who grew up reading Batman , watching the ending unraveling... it just left me with a big smile in the face.Finally he is able to succeed

You're not off base because all Batman stories are about dealing with some trauma. The very reason why Batman exists at all is because it is a way for Bruce to deal with those painful memories he holds onto. It's no coincidence that all the Robins have faced some turmoil as children, as well. The Dark Knight Rises offers an optimistic view of dealing that pain, saying that there is a way out of the darkness and we can all move on.

:applaud:

Besides, we already got the classic Batman ending of - The battle continues, with both BB and TDK. The ending for TDKR was justified.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"