The Dark Knight Bruce Wayne: Murderer?

Top_Hatter

Civilian
Reaction score
Since hype about the Batman Begins sequel started one of the most debated topics is that of Kaite Holmes and her character Rachel Dawes. Many did not like her acting and also because of her baby to Tom Cruise she may not be able to return. I won't voice my oppinion on how she performed because it's not relevent, what is relevent to me is the advancement of plot and character development. Thusly I want your oppinion on whether or not you'd like them to incorporate the "Bruce Wayne: Murderer?" storyline. Here's how I envision it.

An early part in the movie shows Bruce finding Rachel Dawes dead in his mansion and, as happened in the graphic novel, the police enter and find him cradling her dead body. Bruce is taken to court where he calls in an old lawyer aquaintance he met while travelling the world. That lawyer is now a Gotham DA; his name is Harvey Dent.

With no Lex Luthor who is setting Bruce up? Well it was revealed that if Black Mask should he have a role it would be him as more Bruce Wayne's enemy than Batman. Viola. This eliminates the problem of having Rachel Dawes torn between her character and being a mother, it introduces Harvey Dent, it gives Black Mask a plot, and we get to see another side to Bruce Wayne.

I like that book, but the only way it works is to have the villain who is setting up Bruce know that he is Batman. That way he can't deny stuff without revealing his identity. That's what's at the core of the story, and its what causes him to retreat into his "Batman" identity and abandon his "Bruce" identity. The only person who could do this to him so far would be Ra's. That'd be a good twist, but it's too soon in the franchise to bring him back.

One of the hooks of that storyline was that he could prove his innocence... if only he would reveal that he's Batman. So that would have to factor in somehow.

yeah, my point. A genious like Bruce Wayne could have proved his innocence easily without revealing he was Batman if the assassin hadn't known and exploited the fact that he was Batman.

Y'know i really loved this story, it would be a very different way for a batman films

wait wait wait.

an opportunity for Bruce to tell someone he's Batman on film that he doesn't take advantage of???

BLASPHEMY!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"