The Dark Knight Did Rachel outgrow her relationship with Bruce?

Panthro

Team Language
Reaction score
In your opinion fellow fans, beyond the whole Batman thing & risking his life every night, do you think that Rachel Dawes of BB & TDK simply outgrew her relationship with Bruce Wayne, seeing what they had as a kind of puppy love while seeing what she had with Harvey Dent as a more mature/adult relationship?

Yes. I think she had held out hope for Bruce and meant her words to return to him if he let go of Batman... but marrying Dent was her true future. It all adds to the tragedy because Dent knew she loved him. He was pushed over the edge over her loss.

In your opinion fellow fans, beyond the whole Batman thing & risking his life every night, do you think that Rachel Dawes of BB & TDK simply outgrew her relationship with Bruce Wayne, seeing what they had as a kind of puppy love while seeing what she had with Harvey Dent as a more mature/adult relationship?

Yes I did. Bruce is a nice guy, but he's got real problems. Like I said, I didn't think the day was coming when he would no longer need Batman. I needed a more normal relationship and I found that with Harvey.

:cwink:

Yes I did. Bruce is a nice guy, but he's got real problems. Like I said, I didn't think the day was coming when he would no longer need Batman. I needed a more normal relationship and I found that with Harvey.

Don't let Bruce know. He still thinks you would have waited for him. :cwink:

****, I kind of let it slip, but I don't think he heard me.

Seems to me that Batman would have read her cards so to speak. If you look closely, you can always tell when you are being avoided hahahhaah. Seriusly, leave the love interests out of the movie, just casual flings for Bruce. Kinda' like James Bond. The only women Bruce needs are those that can keep up with him lol.

****, I kind of let it slip, but I don't think he heard me.

Sigh. With friends like Hypesters who needs enemies?

Seems to me that Batman would have read her cards so to speak. If you look closely, you can always tell when you are being avoided hahahhaah. Seriusly, leave the love interests out of the movie, just casual flings for Bruce. Kinda' like James Bond. The only women Bruce needs are those that can keep up with him lol.

Like Catwoman.

I didn't like Rachel Dawes. She was a ***** for leading the poor guy on.

Uh... Shouldn't you be a pile of ash right now? :hehe:

I never really bought the romantic relationship between Rachel and Bruce, it seemed very forced and tacked on. I think it would've been better if they didn't try to make it romantic and they were just friends. Not every movie needs a love interest, I almost prefer Iron Man because they didn't force a relationship with Pepper and Tony.

Bruce is a nice guy. He's a nice guy, but that dont ****ing cut it when he is ********ting and ****ing around in a batsuit!

Watching the film again, there are times when I just want to yell at the screen "Bruce, she's just not that into you!" :cwink:

Rachel probably did outgrow her relationship...but at the same time...i dont think bruce was some lovesick puppy over her either.

In fact, I dont think Bruce actually wanted to be with Rachel at all...she was just a living, breathing, representation of the normalcy that Bruce wanted, mainly because she was apart of Bruce's "Pre Batman" existance. If Bruce truly wanted to be with her, he wouldve stopped being Batman. Also, he wouldnt have been parading around town with ballerinas and arm candy.

So, more than anything else, I think Rachel outgrew him in part because she knew he just wasnt that in to her.

Rachel probably did outgrow her relationship...but at the same time...i dont think bruce was some lovesick puppy over her either.

In fact, I dont think Bruce actually wanted to be with Rachel at all...she was just a living, breathing, representation of the normalcy that Bruce wanted, mainly because she was apart of Bruce's "Pre Batman" existance. If Bruce truly wanted to be with her, he wouldve stopped being Batman. Also, he wouldnt have been parading around town with ballerinas and arm candy.

So, more than anything else, I think Rachel outgrew him in part because she knew he just wasnt that in to her.

During TDK Bruce insisted in talking to her about "them." Not only that but he went so far as to ask her what could happen between them if he stopped being Batman, and he did it twice.

By the end of the movie Alfred - the one who knows Bruce better than anyone else - felt he had to hide the truth about Rachel's final decision from Bruce.

Rachel probably wanted to die to get away from Bruce. She thought he was some stalker.

All that stuff in her letter was ********. :woot:

wait, arnt u dead? BWAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

During TDK Bruce insisted in talking to her about "them." Not only that but he went so far as to ask her what could happen between them if he stopped being Batman, and he did it twice.

By the end of the movie Alfred - the one who knows Bruce better than anyone else - felt he had to hide the truth about Rachel's final decision from Bruce.

"Dont make me your one hope for a normal life"....Rachel knew what was going on, that Bruce was pining for an ideal more than he was a person....she also recognized that bruce developed a dependancy on Batman...and she probably realized it in the scene where they kissed, hence why she said "If you go to jail, they wont let us be together".

People say that Rachel was sort of stringing Bruce along...IMO, Bruce was sort of doing the same thing...again...he wanted normalcy, not Rachel. If Rachel said "yes", to him it would be an acknowledgement that he could have a normal life, not a relationship with her

Of course Alfred would burn it...that letter acknowledges that bruce will never be normal again. Burning it gives bruce the small consolation that he couldve had that perfect life he imagined in his head

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"