Bruce Willis to Face The Surrogates

It's not really a "bad guy wins" type of thing. You'll see once you watch it.

Last edited:
Collider says that the budget is $80 million....for those that are curious.

Well I just got back from the Surrogates and was quite disapointed by it.. Thought it was one of the worst films I've seen this year along with Angels and Demons and Knowing..

I dunno but it just feels like it didn't have anything going. For starters everyone is a robot/surrogate and therefore can't be harmed so you don't really bond with or care for Willis' character. The ending was easy to predict as soon as you get to the interview with Mr Canter. Some of the dialogue and writing was poor. The action... god, the action was poor.
The scenes of Rahda jumping around from car to car were pretty laughable and just reminded me of the TX in T3. Nice one Mostow.
I couldn't see how the action served the story in anyway and once it was nearing the end it was basically just Bruce Willis stumbling around having marital problems with his wife..... Normally I like Willis but it felt like he didn't care about what he was doing. Some of the CGI was terrible too, especially considering how fantastic the CGI was in something like District9, with a much smaller budget.

I dunno, maybe I expected more but all in all I thought it was a poorly handled affair.. I know these movies have nothing to do with each other but atleast Transformers and T4 (other meh films) managed to be entertaining in a 'shut your brain off' kind of way. This was just... boring.

Last edited:
This film was stupid and sucked vacuum cleaners, man.

Well I just got back from the Surrogates and was quite disapointed by it.. Thought it was one of the worst films I've seen this year along with Angels and Demons and Knowing..

I dunno but it just feels like it didn't have anything going. For starters everyone is a robot/surrogate and therefore can't be harmed so you don't really bond with or care for Willis' character. The ending was easy to predict as soon as you get to the interview with Mr Canter. Some of the dialogue and writing was poor. The action... god, the action was poor.
The scenes of Rahda jumping around from car to car were pretty laughable and just reminded me of the TX in T3. Nice one Mostow.
I couldn't see how the action served the story in anyway and once it was nearing the end it was basically just Bruce Willis stumbling around having marital problems with his wife..... Normally I like Willis but it felt like he didn't care about what he was doing. Some of the CGI was terrible too, especially considering how fantastic the CGI was in something like District9, with a much smaller budget.

I dunno, maybe I expected more but all in all I thought it was a poorly handled affair.. I know these movies have nothing to do with each other but atleast Transformers and T4 (other meh films) managed to be entertaining in a 'shut your brain off' kind of way. This was just... boring.

Poorly handled? How can that possibly be, Jonathan Mostow was directing.

was the movie fun? i dont want to read the reviews because of spoilers.

and is the action good?

was the movie fun? i dont want to read the reviews because of spoilers.

and is the action good?

I wouldn't bother catching it at the cinema. A rental maybe. I thought it was boring and the few action scenes it had weren't really very good at all..

Lets put it this way, If I had to choose one to buy out of this and Knowing. It would be Knowing.

Poorly handled? How can that possibly be, Jonathan Mostow was directing.

Sorry, I can't tell if you're been sarcastic or serious. I just thought it was a very bland and average film. Nothing really seemed to click.. It was directed ok, I was mainly referring to the action scenes, which were pretty poor IMO. The cgi in the chase scene was pretty bad and the action in general was just very boring.. The scene with Willis chasing Rahda where she's jumping about and stuff just reminded me of what Mostow did with the TX in T3.. atleast T3 was midly enjoyable.

I liked the comic book. It was decent and interesting. I guess the film is nothing like it. I was going to see this this friday, but I guess I'll skip.

Last edited:
It's not really a "bad guy wins" type of thing. You'll see once you watch it.

I dunno man.
Any person against a consumer product that's inadvertently responsible for a 90% reduction in the crime rate is definitely a bad guy. The counter argument that "those people aren't really living" seems like a superficial one, at best, made from personal bias and no consideration for how the people themselves think of it.

Does this movie have a good ending?

The ending was the best part! I really enjoyed the film, but I also never miss a Willis flick. I thought the movie was entertaining and clever. I really liked not only Willis, but the supporting cast too. I recommend seeing it in the theater, it was worth the price of a ticket in my opinion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"