Bruce Willis to Face The Surrogates

Alot of borrowed elements from I, Robot, The Matrix, and other sci-fi films. Not too sure If I'll like it but I'll certainly at least watch any film with Bruce Willis in it.
Everything is borrowed from something.

Everything is borrowed from something.
Very true, however directors often manage to add new ideas to already existing material making it fresh. I don't see that so far from this film.

Very true, however directors often manage to add new ideas to already existing material making it fresh. I don't see that so far from this film.
I don't think you're allowing yourself to do so by watching that trailer. :p I mean, who draws line between what's "fresh" and paying homage?

I suppose Im growing tired of films with Robotic life forms as the premise.

The effects look pretty good, but I don't like the overall look of the film at all and New York or wherever the movie's set doesn't look as futuristic as I hoped. Does anyone know if the graphic novels are good?

Cant watch this trailer in work so will have to watch it home, either way, I like the sound of the story and the preview they released about a month ago.

The effects look pretty good, but I don't like the overall look of the film at all and New York or wherever the movie's set doesn't look as futuristic as I hoped. Does anyone know if the graphic novels are good?

It would be nice if they did something to the city. I'm geting tired of the 'modern' look when it's clearly the future. It's been done so many times lately that they have forgotten that a stylized future worked for Minority Report (and that was believable). If they want to avoid the "Blade Runner" look, that's fine but there's so many other example to choose from.

It would be nice if they did something to the city. I'm geting tired of the 'modern' look when it's clearly the future. It's been done so many times lately that they have forgotten that a stylized future worked for Minority Report (and that was believable). If they want to avoid the "Blade Runner" look, that's fine but there's so many other example to choose from.
Depending on how far into the future they're going for, I'm not sure what you'd expect. You take a picture of 1960s NYC, for example, and it's not that radically different from present day.

A stylized form would look cool and all, but again, depending on the time difference, it probably wouldn't be all that practical or tangible, which is what they might have been gong for.

a little to bright for my taste. not enough contrast with lighting.

but action looks good.

Loving the look of this, I hope it reaches the potential this trailer indicates it has, while the majority of me would be in agony, one small part would laugh if Mostow made a better robot movie than McG did, I wish Mostow would have stayed on board for T3.

Alot of borrowed elements from I, Robot, The Matrix, and other sci-fi films. Not too sure If I'll like it but I'll certainly at least watch any film with Bruce Willis in it.
I was thinking the samething when I saw the trailer today before Terminator. I may check this out as it kindof looks like a decent sci/fi flick and I do like Bruce Willis.

This looks sort of interesting, but I don't like how many times they say "surrogates".

That voice in the trailer is stupid and the movie looks kinda el cheapo to me. Interesting primise though.

I was thinking the samething when I saw the trailer today before Terminator. I may check this out as it kindof looks like a decent sci/fi flick and I do like Bruce Willis.
He really fits in these sort of roles just perfectly. This is definitely his best genre of films to work in, so I am glad to see this is his next project coming out. I think the plot of this movie looks really interesting, so I can't wait to check it out in September.

They did a good job making people look oddly unreal.

New image from the movie! Awesome! I really like Radha Mitchell's hair like that.

surrogates_2.jpg

actually the GN has a blade runner like setting

I watched the trailer for this a while back and liked the premise and the overall look, but I agree it kinda seems like it's trying to copy other movies.

Saw the trailer before the proposal....looks awful. Willis must be desperate. I hope he didn't turn down the expendables for this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"