Bubba Nosferatu

Bad Superman

World's Grimmest Hero
Reaction score
Perlman as Elvis in Bubba Nosferatu
Source:AICN October 30, 2008

link: http://www.shocktillyoudrop.com/news/topnews.php?id=8260

Paul Giamatti, fresh off of John Adams, breaks the news to AICN this morning that Hellboy actor Ron Perlman is interested in playing Elvis in Don Coscarelli's Bubba Nosferatu.

If he signs up, he'll join Giamatti who is locked to play Col. Parker.

Bruce Campbell has already expressed he was not going to return as the King. "Every effort was made by us," Giamatti tells the site. "He just didn't want to do it and he was cool about it. He just didn't want to do it, which is a bummer, because part of the reason I love [Bubba Ho-Tep] is him...a big part of it. He's fantastic and I've always loved him. I'm a big fan of his, but he didn’t want to do it, which is totally cool."

For more on the film, read AICN's full interview right here!

---------------------------------------------

Ron Perlman as Elvis? I don't think so. I would cast either Kurt Russell or Christopher Walken.

When I saw the title I was like, 'BUBBA NOSFERATU? **** YEAH!"

Because frankly, Bubba Ho-Tep is one of the great comedy-horror movies ever IMO and as we all know, vampires are cooler than mummies. But one of the best things about that movie is Bruce Campbell. If Campbell doesn't want to do it, I don't know why they should do this.

Besides Elvis's death and send-off in Bubba Ho-Tep was perfect. Why go back?

Yeah Doing it without Campbell seems kinda dumb. He did a nice Elvis Impression. Cant See Hellboy playing Elvis :D haha

I really wanted this, but then after watching Ho-Tep again the other night, I really feel like it may be better as a stand-alone film. Maybe find a different gimmick with a similar tone for a new film, instead of another Elvis adventure. But yeah, I really like Perlman, but I can't get over Bruce not returning.

Hard to picture this flick without Campbell, but Perlman is pretty damn funny so I'm gonna be optimistic about this.

I saw a video of Robert Patrick in the film Lonely Street and the make up and prosthetics made him look like an older Elvis. It was pretty amazing. Take a look:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JNoutv1wzTY

Yes, the actor that played T-1000 on Terminator 2, believe it or not. It is my understanding the people that made that wonderful make up/prosthetics where the ones that did make up for Iron Man. I hope another actor is chosen for the role instead of Perlman.

I agree with Bad Superman, I watched the movie on DVD from netflix few months ago I was TOTALLY blown away by Robert Patrick's performance as 'old Elvis'. if you see on the dvd they show the make up they used they even went as far as used fake teeth based on the REAL Elvis's dental records for extra authenticity. I also put a vote for Robert as Elvis in another movie featuring an 'old Elvis' ;).

I agree with Bad Superman, I watched the movie on DVD from netflix few months ago I was TOTALLY blown away by Robert Patrick's performance as 'old Elvis'. if you see on the dvd they show the make up they used they even went as far as used fake teeth based on the REAL Elvis's dental records for extra authenticity. I also put a vote for Robert as Elvis in another movie featuring an 'old Elvis' ;).

I haven't had the opportunity to watch the whole film. I might do that this weekend. From the little I saw, he does a wonderful job. It amazes me how little attention that film got.

yeah it was quite good, Robert ruled as 'the king' :awesome:!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"