Bugs Bunny to return to the big screen in live action/CG adventure

Please don't let there be a live action Elmer Fudd to accomodate this CGI Bugs Bunny :cmad:

Even if he's CG it'll be just as bad. Why even bother trying to rationalize something as stupid as a live action film with a CG Bugs Bunny?

The only way I will see this is if they squeeze in some Tiny Toon cameos. It will still suck but it would have at least one redeeming quality.

Eh, I would've prefered a sequel to Back In Action. A CG Bugs Bunny is just stupid.

The only way I will see this is if they squeeze in some Tiny Toon cameos. It will still suck but it would have at least one redeeming quality.
It has always bothered me that Tiny Toons have never been incorporated into the Loony Toons universe outside the TV show, yet Lola Bunny was in one movie (Space Jam) and now she's a full blown character appearing in various other cartoons and movies.

Eh, I would've prefered a sequel to Back In Action. A CG Bugs Bunny is just stupid.

It's because the studios have been laying off all the 2D animators for the past few years. It makes me want to question how much time I've devoted into learning Toon Boom these last few years, since the chances of it getting me a job aren't that good. CG is seen as less labor-intensive and trendier, so now not even Bugs Bunny is safe from it. Chuck Jones would not approve.

looking forward to this, can't wait for it to come any sooner. Slapstick ultra violence in its most innocent form :)

God you guys just jump straight on the hate bandwagon huh?. If they portray bugs accurately & all the toons for that matter, who cares if it's live action CGI or some other made up format to which i can't think of at this point?. You guys wonder why were laughed at by those who actually matter. We need to just chill & see what comes of it before judging, it's the mature thing to do.

Steve

So, this will be like Chipmunks, Garfield, and Yogi Bear?

Elmer Fudd will be played by an actor who looks nothing like Elmer Fudd, and Bugs will be furry and the size of a real bunny... and his eyes will be googles.

He'll have search engines for eyes?

Then this flick just became a must-see.

God you guys just jump straight on the hate bandwagon huh?. If they portray bugs accurately & all the toons for that matter, who cares if it's live action CGI or some other made up format to which i can't think of at this point?. You guys wonder why were laughed at by those who actually matter. We need to just chill & see what comes of it before judging, it's the mature thing to do.

Steve

agreed totally, to be honest you could apply this to just about any just announced movie....well forget it if its a Uwe Boll movie, there is no chance then lol The shorts looked good (I know there full CGI no live action) so if that's anything to go by then at least it will be decent.

It has always bothered me that Tiny Toons have never been incorporated into the Loony Toons universe outside the TV show, yet Lola Bunny was in one movie (Space Jam) and now she's a full blown character appearing in various other cartoons and movies.

I haven't seen too much of Lola outside of Space Jam, that one Tweety movie, and a few comic appearances (and loonatics unleashed if that counts). She may get more love than the Tiny Toons cast but just barely. I'm just amazed how much time and effort WB pumps into Scooby Doo (Mystery Incorporated is pretty good BTW).

Mystery Incorporated is awesome.

i need them too. that show was great.

I'm not sure what to think about this.

[YT]zUo0Kdek_5Y&feature=related[/YT]

Aren't they like related to the Looney Tunes?

I love how WB & Disney basically abandoned the '90s Tv show characters, despite being as loved as the classic characters.

I'd love to see Tiny Toons, Animaniacs, Darkwing Duck & the Rescue Rangers still being used somehow.

I love how WB & Disney basically abandoned the '90s Tv show characters, despite being as loved as the classic characters.

I'd love to see Tiny Toons, Animaniacs, Darkwing Duck & the Rescue Rangers still being used somehow.

Disney has started the process by producing a new Muppets movie.

I want either a live-action or a feature-length animated Freakazoid movie. Now. :up:

Well, I believe there is a comic book going on.

Thats more than we can say for Gargoyles. :csad:

Aren't they like related to the Looney Tunes?

I don't recall any blood relation between them and any of the older toons.

I want either a live-action or a feature-length animated Freakazoid movie. Now. :up:

I fear that the upcoming Deadpool movie is the closest we'll ever get to seeing anything resembling Freakazoid on the big screen. :csad:

You don't see Disney doing this to Mickey. They just hide him at Disney World, while the TV Disney is ruled by wanna be musicians...But still.

I take it you don't watch Playhouse Disney at all:

[YT]8ODPtsAJXgM[/YT]

That would be a CG Mickey.

However, that series has succeeded in introducing kids once again to Disney's "Fab Five" someplace other than during trips to Disney World. My 2-year-old nephew is obsessed with that show.

Hmm, while a strictly CGI feature could potentially be cool, I would personally prefer another live action/animation hybrid. I had an idea for a film, which would be played something like a mix between Back in Action and Roger Rabbit.

Basically an old black and white "wacky/bad" cartoon character (like a Professor something or other for instance), that is bitter about being forgotten after the transition to colour and in particular, the popularity of Bugs Bunny, kidnaps Bugs and a couple of the other "good" characters (Road Runner, Tweety and Porky). Daffy, who is 'filming' Duck Dodgers manages to escape capture. The black and white cartoon would also frame the grandson of Bugs' original animator, who himself happens to be an animator at Warners.

With several characters including the main star gone, cartoons are put on hold and Toon Town put in lock down. Loosing profits, the Warner Brothers (4 human brothers) tell Daffy he must assemble a team to venture into the Warner Vaults to bring Bugs and co. back. So it would be up to Daffy, Wyle E, Elmer Fudd, Sylvester and Foghorn (you know, the actual funny ones), with the help of the animator who was framed, to save the day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"