Bush Authorized The CIA Leak, Libby Says

Discussion in 'SHH Community Forum' started by sinewave, Apr 6, 2006.

1. sinewave

sinewave Registered

I'm sure this will elicit the standard "lie/deny" response from Bush, Cheney and McClellan.

Here's the article:

http://www.cnn.com/2006/POLITICS/04/06/libby.ap/index.html

2. jaguarr

jaguarr Be Your Own Hero

Wow. This has the potential to be the thing that gets Bush impeached.

jag

3. sinewave

sinewave Registered

don't get your hopes up. i'd love to see that happen but i'm not counting on it. they'll probably find a way to weasel out of it like they do with every other eff-up.

4. jaguarr

jaguarr Be Your Own Hero

I know. And they called Clinton the "Teflon President". :rolleyes:

jag

5. Calvin

Calvin Muchas smooches

That's probably where they'll get some weaseling out room.

6. sinewave

sinewave Registered

yup. it's hard to grab a hold of something as slimey as bush and cheney are.

7. demento

demento Registered

Nah, they'll use the trusty old "we can't comment on an ongoing investigation" stall tactic.

8. jaguarr

jaguarr Be Your Own Hero

Scott McLelland will blow it at the press conference, though. He always does. He's such a bad liar. :D

jag

9. sinewave

sinewave Registered

yeah, he's horrible at his job. i can just see his doughy face getting all red and sweaty as david gregory grills him about this. that's good tv!

10. sinewave

sinewave Registered

i guess we know why bush never followed through with his claim to fire anyone who was involved in this leak. he would have had to fire himself, cheney and who know who else. too bad he wasn't under oath when he claimed he didn't know who leaked plame's id.

11. demento

demento Registered

C'mon, he doesn't lie! He just doesn't tell the truth. There's a big difference, y'know.

What I'm curious to see is if they start to try to discredit Libby. He is after all, one of the 'good ole boys'.

12. jaguarr

jaguarr Be Your Own Hero

I have no doubt they'll try to burn Libby alive and destroy his credibility. Cheney would eat the still beating heart out his own mother's chest if he had to do so to keep her quiet. And McClelland is a liar, I say to you! A liar! Now good day! :mad:

jag

13. sinewave

sinewave Registered

you know they'll feed some damaging info about something from his past to the press and then claim they didn't. somehow they'll shift the blame off themselves and make it seem like libby masterminded the whole gaff. i mean, come on, we're talking about dick cheney and karl rove here. those two guys aren't going to sit idly by and allow anyone to paint them or bush as anything less than the ultimate american patriots.

14. sinewave

sinewave Registered

I just went out to the Fox News website to see if they had any mention of this story and they do have a copy of it from the Associated Press under their "Latest News Headlines" section, but I noticed that they re-arranged it somewhat. They placed the paragraph starting with "There was no indication in the filing that either Bush or Cheney authorized Libby to disclose Valerie Plame's CIA identity." second in the article, rather than third. It seems like they were trying to emphasize that statement. Is it legal to re-arrange an article from a press service in an attempt to possibly make people misinterpret it? Either way, this is further proof of Fox's slanted reporting style. Since they didn't write the article and it's unfavorable towards their golden boy they tried to skew it ever so slightly to at least attempt to make it seem less damaging.

15. lazur

lazur Registered

Yeah, because we all know that Libby is the model of honesty :rolleyes:.

I wonder what the reaction would be if Libby had said Bush/Cheney had no involvement? Wouldn't you all be calling him a liar then? Is he only a liar when it goes against your hatred of Bush?

Gee, I wonder...

And that's not to say that he is lying. But at this point it's Libby's word against the President of the U.S. Who do you think is going to come out on top? Point is, it'll take more than word of mouth to 'prove' anything. This would be true in ANY Presidency - not just Bush's. I wonder how many people said horrible things about Clinton and his wife during the 90's. TOO MANY TO COUNT.

I wouldn't equate the two at this point.

16. sinewave

sinewave Registered

you're very naive if you think bush and cheney had nothing to do with this.

17. lazur

lazur Registered

I'm not saying they didn't have anything to do with it. I'm not saying they did.

That's the difference between you and me ;).

Allegations of all kinds are made about every president. But no matter how much the opposition wants them to be true or provable, they usually are not. This is no exception.

18. demento

demento Registered

I completely expect the implicated major players to survive this. Approval ratings will sink lower but that will be the extent of it. However, whatever little party support W and crew have left will further erode and he'll be hindered even moreso in accomplishing his agenda.

Win-win, if ya ask me. :D

19. sinewave

sinewave Registered

you at least have to admit that the fact that libby is claiming it in a high profile case is extremely damning of bush and cheney. not to mention that it's logical to assume that libby would not have leaked the name without the proper authorization from his superiors. it seems like you're attempting to ignore certain things because you refuse to believe that bush would do something illegal.

20. sinewave

sinewave Registered

yup. that's the way i see it too.

21. lazur

lazur Registered

No, no, not at all. I'm not saying anything of the sort. But it's not unreasonable to believe that Libby wants to take some people down with him.

Whether or not it's true isn't really important. What's important is whether or not it can be PROVEN.

And I don't see how it can be 'damning' unless it can be proven.

22. Matt

Matt IKYN Guy Groupie

Bad news for the administration. I still say Cheney is gonna take the fall for this.

23. KingOfDreams

KingOfDreams Registered

Ah yes, the expected passing of the blame. I'm not saying Bush didn't have anything to do with this. In fact, I hope he did as twisted as that may sound. But people still need to own up to thier own faults and stop blaming others.

24. Matt

Matt IKYN Guy Groupie

It is a he said/she said scenario, you know damn well it can't be proven. However, it can be damaging. Look at the Kerry Swift Boat campaign.

Curious however, you were willing to take the words of partisan, Texas veterans who claimed Kerry was a liar about his military record (Even though evidence contradicted that) and yet you aren't willing to accept what Libby says.

25. sinewave

sinewave Registered

we'll have to wait and see how fitzgerald proceeds from here. it could get very ugly if he decides to bring in cheney and/or bush to testify under oath. ooohhhh, i'm getting a chubby just thinking about that! :)