Bush Authorized The CIA Leak, Libby Says

I_am_budders said:
I don't know what's going to be worse in 08', putting up with a democrat president or listening to the republicans whine.

yeah, they certainly can whine. i hope clinton gets elected just so they really have something to whine about. that would crack me up to no end.

lazur said:
All of the commercials I saw addressed his character during the war. Tossing his medals, claiming vets killed/raped innocent civilians, etc.

Unless you consider their calling him a disgrace 'calling his service record into question'?

Now, I make no claim to be an expert on this subject, but unless he claimed ALL the US vets of Vietnam were raping and killing innocent women and children, he was right on that one, wasnt he?

btw, back from me Holidays :)

According to The New York Times, it's not illegal for a president to declassify information.

son of a b$^$
if this is true...bush is done ..yeah

cass said:
According to The New York Times, it's not illegal for a president to declassify information.

i'd be willing to wager that there's some kind of law against divulging the identity of a classified government agent, thus rendering her career in a classified field over, all based on spite and intimidation.

sinewave said:
i'd be willing to wager that there's some kind of law against divulging the identity of a classified government agent, thus rendering her career in a classified field over, all based on spite and intimidation.

:confused: I don't get it, at first people defended Bush saying that he would NEVER do that, and that this was move by people much lower in the food chain, and how those people SHOULD be punished, but this by no means should reflect on the president.
and now, all they can say is "it's not like it's Illegal":), I'd be sad, if not because it has gotten so absurd it's funny now.

cass said:

Not illegal perhaps, but this is hypocritical and unethical.

Matt said:
http://news.yahoo.com/fc/us/bush_administration

The White House is refusing to counter the claims.

I love this quote from Fat Scottie,

"There is a difference between providing declassified information to the public when it's in the public interest and leaking classified information that involved sensitive national intelligence regarding our security."

Is he actually trying to claim that Plame's ID as a covert CIA agent working in the field of WMDs is in the public's interest when we are at war with a country that we invaded because they supposedly had WMDs? WTF? How is that in the public's interest? This just keeps getting stupider and stupider.

Mr Sparkle said:
:confused: I don't get it, at first people defended Bush saying that he would NEVER do that, and that this was move by people much lower in the food chain, and how those people SHOULD be punished, but this by no means should reflect on the president.
and now, all they can say is "it's not like it's Illegal":), I'd be sad, if not because it has gotten so absurd it's funny now.

That is actually a valid point. A month ago Republicans were saying that if Libby did it he should be sent to jail and Bush would never approve it...now they are justifying it. How quickly stories change.

sinewave said:
I love this quote from Fat Scottie,

"There is a difference between providing declassified information to the public when it's in the public interest and leaking classified information that involved sensitive national intelligence regarding our security."

Is he actually trying to claim that Plame's ID as a covert CIA agent working in the field of WMDs is in the public's interest when we are at war with a country that we invaded because they supposedly had WMDs? WTF? How is that in the public's interest? This just keeps getting stupider and stupider.

Amazing that spying on the American public without a warrant isn't "public interest" and they won't disclose it...but they would Plame's identity...so very curious.

Matt said:
Amazing that spying on the American public without a warrant isn't "public interest" and they won't disclose it...but they would Plame's identity...so very curious.

Curious...yeah maybe..if youre a communist! ;)

according to this article, cheney clearly authorized libby to leak classified information to the press in the attempt to discredit joe wilson's claims. it's pretty long so i'll only post an excerpt.

National Journal said:
Vice President Dick Cheney directed his then-chief of staff, I. Lewis "Scooter" Libby, on July 12, 2003 to leak to the media portions of a then-highly classified CIA report that Cheney hoped would undermine the credibility of former Ambassador Joseph C. Wilson, a critic of the Bush administration's Iraq policy, according to Libby's grand jury testimony in the CIA leak case and sources who have read the classified report.

i highly recommend reading the entire article as it's quite thorough and interesting and maury waas is a very talented and well-respected journalist. you can read it here.

sinewave said:
according to this article, cheney clearly authorized libby to leak classified information to the press in the attempt to discredit joe wilson's claims. it's pretty long so i'll only post an excerpt.

i highly recommend reading the entire article as it's quite thorough and interesting and maury waas is a very talented and well-respected journalist. you can read it here.

:eek:

Nothing will happen to Bush, Cheney or Rove.

Cheney freakin' shot a guy in the face and the guy appologized to him!

deemar325 said:
Nothing will happen to Bush, Cheney or Rove.

Cheney freakin' shot a guy in the face and the guy appologized to him!

i think bush is fairly safe, but the more i see from this investigation makes me think that cheney may be forced to resign. there's already been some speculation that bush may go with a more "friendly face" as his vp for the last half of this term. it'd be a smart move since his approval ratings keep sinking lower and lower and nobody trusts cheney anymore.

If I were the student asking that question, and I got that response, I'd give him the stink-hand.

Calvin said:
If I were the student asking that question, and I got that response, I'd give him the stink-hand.

or at least the stink-eye.

this isn't directly related to the topic of this thread, but i just read on cnn.com that cheney is getting a $1.9 million tax refund. do ya think maybe he and bush took advantage of the generous tax breaks for people earning over $100,000?

I could retire on Cheney's tax refund. That f**kin' sucks! :down

jag

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"