Bush's promise of help for Ulster economy

Discussion in 'SHH Community Forum' started by the_ultimate_evil, Dec 9, 2007.

1. the_ultimate_evil CURSE YOU GIN MONKEY.

what the hell did we do to you guys:csad:

2. EdRyder Registered

I dont understand.What do you mean "What did we do to you guys"?
    Just sounds to me like they're looking for an economic boost,most likely via international tourism..
    Are you afraid it somehow reflects were taking a partisan side in Irelands sectarian nonsense?

3. zanos Registered

Let's hope Bush does for your economy what he has done for ours. You're welcome, Ireland!

4. the_ultimate_evil CURSE YOU GIN MONKEY.

dont have much of a sense of humour do ya

5. kainedamo Registered

I've been thinking lately about how some of the young generation from middle classes that don't really know much about the troubles have trouble defining their national identity.

Am I correct in observing that some seem to be offended by foreigners coming over and calling everyone Irish? I find that VERY interesting, because what do you expect to be called? Where were you born? Ireland. Where were your parents born? Ireland. So... you're Irish :huh:

Its not even like some of these people have particular unionistic views. Its like, some of them somehow feel that defining yourself as Irish in some way offends people and perpeptuates secterianism? The truth of the matter is, only a fool would be offended by someone defining themselves as Irish. So why do some take this "PC" approach to their own national identity when they don't even hold unionistic views?

6. DorkyFresh Sum Dum Goy

all i needed to read was "Bush's promise"...then i stopped.