BvS BvS's Gotham City

WingedAvenger89

Civilian
Reaction score
I see no thread on this in particular, so don't bite my head off if it exists.

But I'm curious to see how Snyder's Gotham looks. Just like his Batman, and Batmobile, I think it's going to be a great marriage between the Gothic, atmospheric look of Anton Fursts 89 Gotham, and the functional, real world relatability of Nathan Crowley's Gotham.

I always thought Detroit looked perfect for a real life Gotham. For anyone who has lived in Michigan knows what I'm talking about. It's a depressed, crime ridden, rotted out American city. It even has a lot of Gothic architexture, and gargoyles on certain buildings.

I'm hoping Snyder gives us the definitive look of Gotham ons creen as well. I want real world scale, without claustrophobic obvious sets like Burton's films. But I want the more atmospheric, specifically defined Gotham look that Nolan's films departed from due to story purposes.

Sidenote, surprised we got no set pics of Affleck in costume in Detroit.

I see no thread on this in particular, so don't bite my head off if it exists.

But I'm curious to see how Snyder's Gotham looks. Just like his Batman, and Batmobile, I think it's going to be a great marriage between the Gothic, atmospheric look of Anton Fursts 89 Gotham, and the functional, real world relatability of Nathan Crowley's Gotham.

I always thought Detroit looked perfect for a real life Gotham. For anyone who has lived in Michigan knows what I'm talking about. It's a depressed, crime ridden, rotted out American city. It even has a lot of Gothic architexture, and gargoyles on certain buildings.

I'm hoping Snyder gives us the definitive look of Gotham on screen as well. I want real world scale, without claustrophobic obvious sets like Burton's films. But I want the more atmospheric, specifically defined Gotham look that Nolan's films departed from due to story purposes.

Sidenote, surprised we got no set pics of Affleck in costume in Detroit.

Even though this may get moved to the other thread, but I think this Gotham won't have the same look as the one if the Nolan movies. Going by the first official image of Superman and some of the locations used in Detroit.
Superman-Henry-Cavill-in-Batman-V-Superman-Dawn-of-Justice.jpg

800px-DetroitPoliceHQ1300Beaubein.jpg

KnsJLYj.jpg
rLJacPA.jpg

xdpxNYm.jpg

tumblr_nh4hrn3hk91tqpb5ro1_1280.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"