• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Can I hope for 11+ Peter Parker solo films without a reboot?

Unless Thor beats him to it, I foresee Spider-Man being the first hero in the MCU to get more than three solo films, but I doubt that it'll be that high of a number.

It scares me when people speak against recasting. I don't want Spider-Man to get his villains stolen by Miles. I want to see Peter Parker fight all his villains and deal with a full love life just like in the comics and cartoons, and that will need a James Bond policy where you release the next film after two years whether it's the same actor or new.

Recasting sucks massive sweaty donkey balls. Sorry, I'd rather watch a new guy that we all acknowledge as being a new guy, rather than a new guy that we all have to pretend isn't a new guy even though he's obviously a new guy and doesn't feel at all like the same guy no matter how much they want us to pretend that he is. Completely destroys all immersion and I hope the MCU never does it again.

Yeah, no thanks to recasting. When Tom Holland finishes his run past the mantle to Miles. I don't want to see another actor continuing Holland's journey, especially after a high number of films

Funny, I don't recall much, if any, immersion being destroyed when Don Cheadle and Mark Ruffalo stepped into previously established roles, even if Howard and Norton only had one film to play those characters. Sooner or later, guys, you'll see someone else play Peter Parker that isn't Tom Holland, MCU or otherwise.

These characters are bigger than the actors that play them. Recasting is inevitable and perfectly normal.

Well, that's not petty, is it? How dare there be a Marvel property put out by a company that's not in the MCU. Blasphemy!

I mean, hey, Sony does have access to the characters. Why not do something with them? I mean, if their universe does well, what's the problem? All the more reason for them to keep on going.

Cause they suck with the Spider-Man property?????

Mr. Peanut, Marvel United, which actor's James Bond films do you watch?

These characters are bigger than the actors that play them. Recasting is inevitable and perfectly normal.

Recasting is perfectly normal between separate series, in animated/cgi roles or in movies starring characters named Bond. Outside of those circumstances, it is most definitely not normal, though it does happen occasionally. Sometimes it even works. But why take the risk when its completely unnecessary and you have access to a separate but related character who can carry the story forward in fresh, new ways?

Recasting is perfectly normal between separate series, in animated/cgi roles or in movies starring characters named Bond. Outside of those circumstances, it is most definitely not normal, though it does happen occasionally. Sometimes it even works. But why take the risk when its completely unnecessary and you have access to a separate but related character who can carry the story forward in fresh, new ways?

Because by that logic, Red Hulk would have been a founding member of the MCU Avengers, with Bruce Banner disappearing forever.

Because by that logic, Red Hulk would have been a founding member of the MCU Avengers, with Bruce Banner disappearing forever.

I'm really not that into Hulk in general. Isn't Red Hulk Thunderbolt Ross? And a bad guy? Doesn't seem even remotely comparable to Parker/Morales.

And it is indeed easier to pull off a recasting when the first guy only had one unpopular movie, but that's also not at all comparable to recasting Holland after he's finished a whole series of films.

Cause they suck with the Spider-Man property?????

You always believed that or just after Spider-Man Homecoming was released by comparison? Seems there's a lot of love for the Raimi films and even the first Amazing film.

But sure, it's Sony, so I guess they don't deserve credit for that. At least according to some folks here.

The first two Raimi films are easily the best and I hope Marvel Studios gets around to doing Peter vs. Green Goblin and Peter vs. Doc Ock films that are equal or better. The Vulture was the best part of Homecoming, so they should be capable of this.

You always believed that or just after Spider-Man Homecoming was released by comparison? Seems there's a lot of love for the Raimi films and even the first Amazing film.

But sure, it's Sony, so I guess they don't deserve credit for that. At least according to some folks here.

Did I say that? No. After Spider-Man 2 Sony stepped in and messed up 3 rebooted prematurely with a sub par movie and delivered a rushed world building movie. So yea they are bad with the property. Never said homecoming was great but Sony is worse. Venom isn’t looking to promising either imo. And raimi was in charge of the first two movies that’s why they are great.

Only a handful of people like the asm series

We don't get more than 3 Iron Man movies and 3 Captain America movies but we are gonna expect 11 Spider-man movies? Even if they did one every 2 years, he'd be 40+ by the final film.

Spider-Man is the face of marvel and is more popular than cap and iron man combined. They could do it if they wanted to

Homecoming is the clear second best Spidey film IMO behind the Raimi original. Spider-Man 2 is fine, but has annoying contrivances and ultimately the original does everything better to some degree.

I realize I’m in the minority, I’ve tried to get the S-M2 love glad people do like it significantly better than me though.

If Marvel-Sony continues, which I’m afraid it won’t, Spiderman will definitely get more than 3. Sony will want a new film every other year and there’s a reason they started him off in high school. I’d imagine nine movies, three in high school, three on college, three post college. At least I’m sure that’s the best case scenario Marvel has in mind.

We don't get more than 3 Iron Man movies and 3 Captain America movies but we are gonna expect 11 Spider-man movies? Even if they did one every 2 years, he'd be 40+ by the final film.

Spider-Man has many more villains, as well as more love interests normal people know. Homecoming was able to pull off Liz as a love interest when there are Mary Jane, Gwen and Black Cat shippers.
I'd like a Bucky!Cap film with some Serpents and a fourth Iron Man where he fights, say, Magneto and Titanium Man, but neither could sustain as long a series as Peter Parker.
And he wouldn't be aging in real-time, so you'd replace Tom Holland when he can't pass for 23ish (and in Hollywood a bit over 30 passes for college undergrad).

We don't get more than 3 Iron Man movies and 3 Captain America movies but we are gonna expect 11 Spider-man movies?

Holland is a lot less of a celebrity than Downey Jr. or even Evans although that still can't stretch much more beyond one additional multiple-films contract.

Did I say that? No. After Spider-Man 2 Sony stepped in and messed up 3 rebooted prematurely with a sub par movie and delivered a rushed world building movie. So yea they are bad with the property. Never said homecoming was great but Sony is worse. Venom isn’t looking to promising either imo. And raimi was in charge of the first two movies that’s why they are great.

Only a handful of people like the asm series

That's a pretty long way to say that Sony has done good, but not good enough in your eyes, but okay. And not even that, saying the first two were all because of Raimi, not Sony. Wouldn't it be easier to just flat out say you hate Sony? At least there'd be some honesty to it.

And only a handful of people like the Amazing films? Pretty big stretch there, but okay. I didn't survey those handful, so you'd know better than I would.

It's insane that we're even talking about Tom looking too old when the guy is barely out of his teens at this point. He can and should play the part for another 12 years

It's insane that we're even talking about Tom looking too old when the guy is barely out of his teens at this point. He can and should play the part for another 12 years

Yes, but is 12 years enough to do Peter Parker justice at a rate of one film every other year?
He graduates high school in 2021 and should have encountered only 4-5 villains (Vulture, Shocker, Mysterio, Scorpion, ?).
Another trilogy from 2023-27 could cover the Sinister Six, a whole film for Dr. Connors, and a whole film for Doc Ock.
They could and should still be introducing new Ditko villains at the end of the decade (Sandman, Electro) and there'd still be the Symbiote/Eddie Brock, Hobgoblin, the Kingpin...

Yes, but is 12 years enough to do Peter Parker justice at a rate of one film every other year?
He graduates high school in 2021 and should have encountered only 4-5 villains (Vulture, Shocker, Mysterio, Scorpion, ?).
Another trilogy from 2023-27 could cover the Sinister Six, a whole film for Dr. Connors, and a whole film for Doc Ock.
They could and should still be introducing new Ditko villains at the end of the decade (Sandman, Electro) and there'd still be the Symbiote/Eddie Brock, Hobgoblin, the Kingpin...
Of course they're not going to do EVERY single storyline from the comics. That would be impossible. If they set up Sinister Six for movie 3 then that's (Vulture, Shocker, Scorpion, Mysterio, likely Doc Ock and Kraven) the second trilogy could focus on the Goblins saga, Lizard and maybe a gang war (GG, Hobgoblin, Curt, Hammerhead and Tombstone) and Daily Bugle.

Kingpin will never cross over, Venom is being made separately by Sony. After Tom's last film (Maybe 6 or 7) either do a Death of Spider-Man adaption with Green Goblin or have him retire with MJ. Pass the mantle to Miles. We don't need recasts of any of the main MCU heroes. Iron Man should not be recast, not for another 7 years. Same goes for Cap and co

I'm not really sure why this Peter would work for/sell to the Daily Bugle (even if he did like photography, not work there) what with being as economically comfortable and supported-by-Stark as he is. I guess Iron Man could lose patience with him and/or just think he's got to make it on his own but it would be a big change in direction and even if that happened this Peter would probably prefer something with science.

Homecoming is the clear second best Spidey film IMO behind the Raimi original. Spider-Man 2 is fine, but has annoying contrivances and ultimately the original does everything better to some degree.

I realize I’m in the minority, I’ve tried to get the S-M2 love glad people do like it significantly better than me though.

For me, Spider-Man 2 is the best followed by Homecoming.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"