Can I use router to watch Netflix on PS3?

I'm Venom

"Hi, honey..."
Reaction score
I have a modem with only one ethernet cable that's always connected to my PC and been thinking about getting Netflix on my PS3. Problem is, my modem has just the one ethernet port, and I don't feel like connecting and reconnecting my PC/PS3 all the time. Is there any way I can use a router to connect to my PS3 and get Internet signal from my modem so I can get Netflix?

Get a router and setup a wifi connection. Go to network settings on PS3 and enter the wifi password. There are several other settings to review, but it's fairly simple. I downloaded and watched a movie and some tv shows over wifi the other day on PS3 via my amazon prime account without any problems.

Last edited:
I have a modem with only one ethernet cable that's always connected to my PC and been thinking about getting Netflix on my PS3. Problem is, my modem has just the one ethernet port, and I don't feel like connecting and reconnecting my PC/PS3 all the time. Is there any way I can use a router to connect to my PS3 and get Internet signal from my modem so I can get Netflix?
Do you have a laptop or desktop? If you have a laptop, then yes get a wireless router. At that point, you can either hard wire your PS3 or go completely wireless. I would highly recommend hard wired if your equipment is all in the same proximity. If you have a desktop and have no intention of getting a laptop in the near future, and your PS3 is near your modem, then get a simple 5 port switch. They are around $20/25. No password involved as it just distributes your internet connection to the 5 ports on the switch. Something like this will suffice if you are just looking for a way to distribute a hard wired (not wireless) internet connection.

http://www.amazon.com/TRENDnet-Unma...id=1385534972&sr=8-14&keywords=network+switch

If you plan on using more then one item at a time make sure you buy a router and not a switch. A switch does just like it says... switches between them and not all at the same time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"