Can some one please

Bnightwing

Sidekick
Reaction score
help me I know this maybe get annoying but I am using GIMP and could somebody kindly give me a tutorial on how to color using it? It will be greatly appreciated for me and some other noobies!Maybe a tutorial video or even pictures.

deviant art has some tutorials

when i was first starting to colour digitally, this tutorial from sometime hypester cybermonkeytron [scroll through subsequent pages for continuing parts] was invaluable: http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=207742&page=3

it's written for photoshop but most of the things are pretty easily adaptable for Gimp [i was using gimp at the time]. yes, i have fond memories of gimp and i used it for a couple of years, but to be honest as soon as you get photoshop you'll wonder how the hell you ever managed! having said that, gimp is fine for getting started [altho it really annoyed me that the tool and navigator windows etc wouldn't stay on top of the image window... good reason to learn your shortcuts! but then, annoyingly, the shortcuts are different from photoshop! of course!

anyway, it appears i am now rambling without purpose. the KEY first step to digital cell-style coloring is to create a layer BENEATH the lineart, switch the layer type/mode on the lineart to MULTIPLY [essentially makes whites transparent] and then apply color to the layer beneath. if you have greytones in the art then it becomes more complicated, but this is the crucial first step. [sorry if i'm patronizing... but i didn't work that one on my own, someone had to tell me!] so, basically, yeah, learn to use layers. if you have any specific questions, feel free to PM me.

Ed did you check my pm?:cwink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"