Can't decide between topics for a school project

Nell2ThaIzzay

Avenger
Reaction score
So I have a small project due tomorrow (the reason I've procrastinated so long is because it's incredibly easy, and I can finish it tonight within an hour or 2), and I can't decide on a topic.

We are supposed to pick a subject, something that we are familiar with, and give a speech on it. It can literally be anything. We've had people take us outside into the parking lot and show us how to wash a car. We've have people show us how to clean a trumbone. Someone talked about the history and impact of The Beatles. And it's only like a 5 minute thing. So I've narrowed it down to 2 subjects, I just don't know which one to do.

My topics are, either the history and career of my favorite music group, Bone Thugs-N-Harmony, or a brief overview of Celtic mythology.

With Bone Thugs, I know everything about their history in and out. The story behind how they formed and got signed would make for a good 5 minutes or so, as well as adding in some of their career achievements, and influence on the Hip Hop genre. Visual displays are also easy to come by, as I can just show some music videos in class. It also allows me to express something that has been a major part of my life for 15 years or so.

The con is that I'm probably the only person in the class that gives half a crap about Bone. Although, I surely didn't care about The Beatles during that one guy's speech either...

With Celtic mythology, I feel it's a bit more unique of a subject, and might be of more interest to the class as a whole. It's also a way for me to express some of my own culture and heritage, and is something that I am also interested in.

The downside is, visual representation would be limited to probably just pictures of certain characters, also the fact that I am not as well verses in Celtic mythology. Also, there's going to be tons of stuff, it might be hard to condense it into 5 minutes, unless of course I only focus on a character or 2.

If you had more time I'd say go with the Celtic mythology, but since it's due tomorrow, I'd just go with what you know and are comfortable talking about for 5 minutes. In conclusion, I vote Bone Thugs-N-Harmony. :o

Bone Thugz. Easy.

You need something that you are quite familiar with so you're natural when you're up there cause you have the confidence that you're knowledgeable. Since you're quite wise with both subjects, go with the simpler one. Celtic mythology might be cooler but it's a bit more to pack within five minutes.

I decided on Celtic mythology, and I probably should have went with Bone Thugs. I even narrowed it down to just one character, and a very brief overview, and I had trouble trying to figure out how to get it into a 5 minute package. *sigh*

I guess we'll see how it goes tomorrow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"