Capcom's Remember Me

I'm enjoying my time with it but it is a very flawed game. Its bristling with potential and the world is super compelling. I have to give it credit for trying so many new things but it feels like they overextended themselves and weren't able to do any of them as well as they could have.

A shame.

Also put the game into French language with English subtitles for extra effect. :up:

Last edited:
I'm enjoying my time with it but it is a very flawed game. Its bristling with potential and the world is super compelling. I have to give it credit for trying so many new things but it feels like they overextended themselves and weren't able to do any of them as well as they could have.
What is its biggest flaw?

For how much combat there is this game's strength is really not in its brawling. The fighting mechanics are tolerable and there some neat ideas but its never intuitive or easy to pull off.

There's a temporary mode you can activate which essentially turns the combat into Arkham style free-flow and its telling how much more satisfying that feels.

They would have done themselves a service if they had leaned heavier on the setting and the memory remix elements.

Just finished it, the last third of the game is pretty good - I felt like the combat kind of came together a bit once I had all the tools available to me. Some nice swerves and an appropriately sci-fi ending. I liked it despite aforementioned flaws.

Dr. Quaid?
Definitely a nod to Total Recall, Arnold's character surname is Quaid, only he was no Doctor

I got stuck at a part where it says "Block the reapers home", couldn't get past that
Saw a walkthorough, and I have a darn glitch, the cutscene after climbing the pipes doesn't play, and all there is are dead corpses
I might have to remove the game to install it once more

Tried it a few time, turned off application and started again
Same result, same glitch

Huh, that sucks. I had I think 2 glitches that made me restart a checkpoint, mainly centered around not being able to hit somebody or something not being scalable that should have been. Annoyances to be sure, but nothing as drastic as that.

They told me to turn off all applications during the installation, maybe it's cause I ignored that and kept everything on

this a a late review

Reviews

Remember Me (Xbox 360/PS3)

Jose and Ben travel to Neo-Paris in Remember Me.
synosis: Today they visited Neo-Paris in Remember Me. great new character and a visually stunning world. but it doesn't go far enough.

Ben's score 7.0
Jose's Score 7.5

and oddly enough this

Remember Me: Gives You Plenty To Think About. June 15, 2013 . 4:30pm

Remember Me is an important and colorful slap in the face to the status quo that deserves more attention, if only because it does what so many of my favorite videogames have done in the past.

was just put up

Source:
EPD.TV/ROTR & Siliconera

in other words(as far as the review is concerned) it has(or had) potential, which can be seen they just didn't take the extra steps. (making the world more inactive was one of those steps) there will be a second opinion of this game by Scott and Vic at another time as they said in the full show.

Last edited:
Here's that second opinion

Reviews

Is Remember Me Worth Remembering?

Vic and Scott offer up their opinion on Capcom’s neo-noir action title.

Synopsis:they played Remember me, cool concept,with unique game elements but it's liner and repetitive. Better details are in the video.

Scotts score6.0 Vic's Score5.0

source:EPD.TV/ROTR

You know...I feel like this game could have been fantastic!....if it hadn't been made by Capcom. I just really...don't like Capcom. If it's not the poor writing, it's the bland gameplay that usually drags their games down. I can't even remember the last Capcom game I liked.

I thought they knocked it out of the ballpark with Dmc. That was phenomenal. This was decent and the sequel if there is one will be much better

Remember Me 2′s Story Has Been Written, But It’s Up To Capcom To Make It. March 10, 2015 . 12:36am

“I would absolutely love to [work on a sequel],” Jean-Maxime Moris, Creative Director at Dontnod, said to Siliconera.

While Remember Me had its flaws, Capcom and Dontnod Entertainment made Neo Paris an interesting world. "I would absolutely love to [work on a sequel]," Jean-Maxime Moris, Creative Director at Dontnod, said to Siliconera. "We know what we would do for Remember Me 2. The main story has been written we know what we would add to the recipe. We know what we would fix. It’s a game that’s ready to be made, but that decision is Capcom’s to make."

"But, right now our focus is [Life is Strange]. I really hope we will be able to work on more Life is Strange [beyond the five episodes]. We need to capitalize on what we have done. It is a balance of trying different things and capitalizing on what we know. For Season 2 we started bouncing ideas off each other. Obviously we need to see and Square Enix needs to see how the first season does to really decide whether we kick it off or not. So, it’s not in the works, but we have started the very early stages of conception at Dontnod."

Life is Strange’s first episode is out now and the second episode is scheduled to come out sometime in March.

Read more stories about PC & PlayStation 3 & Remember Me & Xbox 360 on Siliconera.
source: Siliconera

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"