The Winter Soldier Captain America 2: News and Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not going to be an exact adaption of that story, so he doesn't have to have had an impact in the comics.

There's no reason Hawkeye can't be in it as a supporting character. I'd hate to have to wait until Avengers 2 to see him again. He'd have a great dynamic with every character in the movie. He can develop a relationship with Cap, continue his relationship with Black Widow, and even act as a foil to Winter Soldier.
If only to not have to wait until Avengers 2, then putting him would make some sense. I'm just not sure how much he'd be in it when you'd also have BW, Falcon, Sharon Carter, WS, Fury, and whoever the villain is. Almost seems like a waste of Renner's talent to use him so sparingly.

Again, a gentle reminder:

....Stuttgart.....:whatever:

Look, just a day or two before the Chit(auri) hit the fan, Captain America made his debut to the whole freakin' world at Stuttgart. "Breaking news from Stuttgart, Germany: a bizarre scene unfolded tonight at a museum gala as a strange figure with apparent metahuman powers murdered a guest and forced the rest of the sizable crowd to kneel and accept his reign over the Earth. The apparently demented individual, claiming to be the Norse god Loki, was quickly apprehended --- but not by local authorities. A SHIELD Quinjet opened fire on the suspect, and, to everyone's surprise, a figure dressed as WWII legend Captain America tried to take the metahuman individual in. He was assisted by none other than Iron Man himself, who dropped in unannounced. Further details on this breaking story as it unfolds."

i think shield can actually control media even social media to some extent. i expect even quinjets are only rumoured to exist. they had access to emails in TIH for example. so they could keep news under wraps about somethings. the news and waitress knew about cap at the end tho, so the current state of cap awareness is known. another example is that stark didn't know about shield in IM. so they have been successfully secretive about various things.

Last edited:
Jessica Brown Findlay is the best choice, she's fantastic for the role.

I'd be happy with all those actresses, though I'm not a huge fan of Poots she'd probably do well in the role. Yay Alison Brie is officially in the mix, presumably via the Russo's, I'd love her to get the role but it's interesting she's the only American right now.

Nice to see Black Widow semi confirmed, although they're going to have to pull off almost Avengers quality writing and directing to give so many important characters their due.

I didn't know Brie was in the running. The geek in me would choose her over any of the other chicks on principle alone, but I need to see how they all work with Evans.

or she has been in stasis sometime in the past aswell

God, I hope not. Cap and Bucky are enough heroes on ice....we get any more, and we can start a Winter Olympics.

*If* Tasha knows about WS from the beginning, I hope it's as Bull said, that WS was still operating after the Cold War; or just that the program had closed down long before Widow was active, and she accidentally or on purpose stumbled across the dossier on WS' history during her missions.

The mask of the lone ranger doesnt look too bad. Could see winter soldier having a similar one

Why would WS wear a domino mask again when soldiers have balaclavas and ski masks available to them to hide their identity? I know the LR has one because he lived in a simpler time and he's stupid but why WS?

If only to not have to wait until Avengers 2, then putting him would make some sense. I'm just not sure how much he'd be in it when you'd also have BW, Falcon, Sharon Carter, WS, Fury, and whoever the villain is. Almost seems like a waste of Renner's talent to use him so sparingly.
It worked when it was Red Skull, Zola, Erskine, Bucky, Peggy, Phillips, Dugan, Morita, Jones and Dernier, except this time there's even less characters, so I'm sure Hawkeye can find himself a good role.

Besides, I don't see how having him in this AND Avengers 2 is more of a waste of his talent than ONLY having him in Avengers 2.

Why would WS wear a domino mask again when soldiers have balaclavas and ski masks available to them to hide their identity? I know the LR has one because he lived in a simpler time and he's stupid but why WS?

Agreed.
If WS *has* to conceal his identity, a balaclava would be a lot more effective and relevant to the genre.

It worked when it was Red Skull, Zola, Erskine, Bucky, Peggy, Phillips, Dugan, Morita, Jones and Dernier, except this time there's even less characters, so I'm sure Hawkeye can find himself a good role.

Besides, I don't see how having him in this AND Avengers 2 is more of a waste of his talent than ONLY having him in Avengers 2.
I think JB was actually saying that, too. For the other Avengers who don't have solo movies between TA and TA2, they do need to address where these characters are the whole time. CA:TWS makes the most sense for both Hawkeye and Black Widow.

As for Hulk... =(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"