•
Cowboys & Aliens TV Spot
•
X-Men: First Class TV Spot

http://www.theprojectionlist.com/Site/Trailers.html

05.05.11 with Thor

•Captain America: The First Avenger Trailer
•
Transformers: Dark of the Moon Trailer (aka “Trailer 3”)

http://www.theprojectionlist.com/Site/Trailers.html

Guys, if you go to the site, they have asterisks next to them, signifying that they're only "Speculative/Unconfirmed."

Don't worry about it.

i don't think we;ll get the full trailer during the superbowl, but either right before or right after. 2min is alot of money during the superbowl

^Right. Plus there's NO way they'd wait that long to give us a trailer anyway.

Reading things like that makes me hate things.

haha awesome, i started a thread i didn't:oldrazz:

i don't think we;ll get the full trailer during the superbowl, but either right before or right after. 2min is alot of money during the superbowl

quickest way to get buzz for a movie is to show the trailer during the superbowl...almost everyone in america is watching it...its also worth it.
Does anyone remember the trailers that played before TDK?
Does anyone remember the commercials from last years superbowl?

quickest way to get buzz for a movie is to show the trailer during the superbowl...almost everyone in america is watching it...its also worth it.
Does anyone remember the trailers that played before TDK?
Does anyone remember the commercials from last years superbowl?
yeah, but a 30sec commercial would generate the same amount of buzz a 2min trailer would in that venue and cost only 25% as much.

best thread starter ever, if I do say so myself.

yeah, but a 30sec commercial would generate the same amount of buzz a 2min trailer would in that venue and cost only 25% as much.

I still remember the 30 second trailer for ID4 and Godzilla

and they have shown full trailers during the superbowl before

WildcatNC said:
Your assuming people are talking about having a bunch of Cap only scenes. It doesn't take 10 min clips of one person to develop a character or his arc.

You obviously missed the genesis of the conversation. I was having a discussion with Lix about how much time Cap's arc deserves (should the thawing be in Cap or Avengers) .... followed by a discussion of how much time will be needed to introduce the characters again. Lix felt 1/3rd of the movie was appropriate. I did not. I feel a more creative way to re-introduce their stories is in order. I also thought that you have to prevent the movie from becoming Cap 2.

I prefer the use of a well-planned marketing campaign prior to the film to get the audience up on the fact that hey Iron Man, Thor, and Cap will all be in this movie together. Then during the movie I want to see some creative use of comic style montage the way TIH did at the beginning and/or the use of a de-briefing featuring Fury. Fury could easily introduce them to each other and how they got there. This will help to reduce the "load" that Whedon has in regards to all that he has to cram into this film.

There's going to be story arcs, there's not doubt about that. The flipside of it is, you get too much arc and you're going to get "The Watchmen" .... that is not this film in my opinion.

Last edited:
Wolvieboy17 said:
Rock, the concept of introducing characters isn't an awkward "we're just showing you who they are again' it's a crucial thing to do in ANY movie, especially a Superhero film.

Think of how they did it in Iron Man, you have the classic case with Iron Man's first entrance, we see Iron Man flying, then we see Stark showing off and then we briefly see him studying his blood toxicity. That scene does so much to further the movie, it reaquaints us with Iron Man and what happened at the end of the first movie, Starks celebrity status and then sets up the future events for him regarding his blood poisoning.

Introducing characters isn't something that detracts from the story or forward momentum of the movie, it's crucial to the movie. It's planting the seeds of all the character development. I think 40 minutes isn't too much either because thats not 40 minutes straight of CHARACTER introduction, but introduction in general, that includes villains, plot layers, setting up potential conflicts.

Also, character development doesn't mean showing each character on their own looking wistful for whatever reason, it can be done any multitude of ways, with other characters present, and Whedon is brilliant at this sort of thing when it comes to limited time and alot of characters and story.

Again, I disagree. There should be more time devoted to introducing the story, why they are there, and new elements than there should be for re-introducing old faces. That's where the distinction is for me.

Well, those 30 seconds would have to be straight up badassery in order for it to stick into the minds of viewers at home.

I don't think waiting until Thor for a trailer is a smart marketing move, at all.

It's a very bad idea to do that. It'd be smart to have, say, trailer 2 with Thor. But the first one? WTF Marvel!

Well, those 30 seconds would have to be straight up badassery in order for it to stick into the minds of viewers at home.

I don't think waiting until Thor for a trailer is a smart marketing move, at all.

I remember the ID4 trailer because it was the scene of the streets blowing up with the words "Enjoy the superbowl...there wont be one next year"

I remember the Godzilla Newyears trailer....Times Square, everyone is doing the count down and at one you hear this roar and his tail knocks the ball off its lines.

The Hulk superbowl trailer had Banner in the mirror, his eyes going green and the house exploding.

I remember these because they were during high profile events

Rock Sexton said:
Again, I disagree. There should be more time devoted to introducing the story, why they are there, and new elements than there should be for re-introducing old faces. That's where the distinction is for me.

So how do you introduce story without introducing any characters Rock?

I remember the ID4 trailer because it was the scene of the streets blowing up with the words "Enjoy the superbowl...there wont be one next year"

I remember the Godzilla Newyears trailer....Times Square, everyone is doing the count down and at one you hear this roar and his tail knocks the ball off its lines.

The Hulk superbowl trailer had Banner in the mirror, his eyes going green and the house exploding.

I remember these because they were during high profile events
i remember the batman begins spot because it was the first picture anyone had seen of the scarecrow in the movie. if the tv spot is the first pic of the red skull anyone sees i doubt people will forget it easily

As long as Red Skull is making his DAT ASS face.

People, there is no way in hell they are waiting until Thor to put out a trailer. That's two months away from Cap's release for god's sake. :doh:

I really doubt that Marvel would wait until May to release first trailer

So how do you introduce story without introducing any characters Rock?

I'm not saying you don't introduce them. Again my argument is the amount of time they allot to re-telling the story of old faces. The previous argument hovered around 1/3rd of the moving being devoted to explaining Cap, Thor, Iron Man, etc ...... I gave an example where they could do a comic reel style montage like in TIH to explain what's gone on in the Marvel Cinematic U .... Also gave an example of a Fury-led debriefing or narrative. That way, we can spend more time introducing why they are there, the new faces, the villains, etc. .....

Yeah, but I don't want them to "First Class" us. :(

looks like people are going Cap s*** insane around here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"