"Captain America Reborn"

Fantasyartist

Civilian
Reaction score
I've just read "Captain America Reborn". While it's nice to see the Sentinel of Liberty return from the grave(along with Shadowcat- Kitty Pryde-of the X-Men and Captain Stacy- father of Gwen- in Spider Man), does anybody realise that by and large makes a mockery of the idea that purported death is a serious factor in the Marvel Universe(even the presumably long dead Bucky Barnes has returned as the Winter Soldier). Anybody think as I do?

Terry

I passed on Reborn. Yeah, death is a joke in comics. Where you been?

Captain Stacy is back from the dead?! Did this happen in Reborn? When'd he come back?

The problem here was the whole fact they made the public believe he was dead for 2 years and then made a shock value twist that he was trapped in timestream. They should have immediatly revealed he was in the timestream trap.

I've just read "Captain America Reborn". While it's nice to see the Sentinel of Liberty return from the grave(along with Shadowcat- Kitty Pryde-of the X-Men and Captain Stacy- father of Gwen- in Spider Man), does anybody realise that by and large makes a mockery of the idea that purported death is a serious factor in the Marvel Universe(even the presumably long dead Bucky Barnes has returned as the Winter Soldier). Anybody think as I do?

Terry
Death's always been a laughable concept in comics because resurrections are a natural byproduct of never-ending stories. One writer kills a character to give a story more impact, a kid grows up loving that character and breaks into the industry, and then that kid/writer obviously wants to play with that character, so they bring the character back. This is the way of things in the land of perpetually 20-something webslingers and man-out-of-time soldiers.

The problem here was the whole fact they made the public believe he was dead for 2 years and then made a shock value twist that he was trapped in timestream. They should have immediatly revealed he was in the timestream trap.

If that HAD been done then the problem would be what the heck was he doing during that two year period if he wasn't dead.

Also, Marvel would have lost the "shock and awe" part of it :woot:

Since comic series don't have a definitive ending, killing heroes and later bring them back from the dead is a natural cycle of this perpetual storytelling. That's why it's good to read comics with proper ending sometimes, like manga, where characters stay dead when they died. And this "Reborn" storyline is a textbook example of what *not* to do on this business of killing popular superheroes off.

Last edited:
didn't we just have this thread like a week or two ago?

Also since when is George Stacy alive?

Last edited:
I'd be so angry with Marvel if they brought back George Stacy. That'd be just as bad as bringing back Gwen.

I'd be so angry with Marvel if they brought back George Stacy. That'd be just as bad as bringing back Gwen.

In this day and age with devil deals, and the sudden resurrection of Osborne Jr, does it really matter?

Captain Stacy isn't back from the dead, it was a swerve. Spidey was onto Mysterio by the next page.

So Mysterio's back from the grave?

to Anubis: He's been back for a while.

to runawayboulder: oh I didn't get the new issue yet. I was assuming he was confusing George Stacy with Carlie's dad.

eh spoilers don't really matter for me

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"