Brubaker Captain America Omnibus announced

GNR

Avenger
Reaction score
http://www.amazon.com/Captain-America-Ed-Brubaker-Omnibus/dp/0785128662/

Collecting Eisner Award-nominated Best Writer Ed Brubaker's first 25 landmark issues of Captain America in one titanic tome, plus the Captain America 65th Anniversary Special and Winter Soldier: Winter Kills one-shots! This deluxe hardcover, fat-packed with extras, features the story that stunned readers worldwide and sent shockwaves through the entire Marvel Universe: the death of Captain America! Also including the return of Cap's wartime partner, Bucky Barnes, as the Winter Soldier; the death and life of his greatest enemy, the Red Skull; and the emergences of a new threat, General Aleksander Lukin, the head of one of the most powerful corporations in the world! Collecting Captain America #1-25, Captain America 65th Anniversary Special and Winter Soldier: Winter Kills. Product Details
  • Hardcover: 688 pages
  • Publisher: Marvel Comics (September 19, 2007)

What do you guys think?

I think it's way too soon to be honest.25 was only the start of the current arc,I don't see why they're not waiting until it's over and making a pricy package with an open ending.

I think it's going to be way overpriced and Marvel's going to make a killing.

Yet another way for Marvel to make money off Cap's death.

What I'm saying is that's all it.

What the hell? Look, people, you know me. You know I'm easily one of the top *****ers and complainers around here. But even I am taken aback at the idea of people complaining about this. DC puts out Absolute editions of their best stories and people laud them; Marvel puts out a huge hardcover edition of one of their best creative runs and people complain. Talk about your double-standards. So long as it's no more than $60 and oversized, I'd definitely buy it. 27 issues, plus extras, all in one hardcover is pretty goddamn sweet.

http://www.amazon.com/Captain-America-Ed-Brubaker-Omnibus/dp/0785128662/

What do you guys think?

I think it's way too soon to be honest.25 was only the start of the current arc,I don't see why they're not waiting until it's over and making a pricy package with an open ending.

Not really. #25 was the ending of that chapter of Captain America. It was the ending of a 25 issue epic where everything comes to ahead. Starting with #26, that is the beginning of a new chapter for the character and what becomes of him. It makes perfect sense to end with his death.

What the hell? Look, people, you know me. You know I'm easily one of the top *****ers and complainers around here. But even I am taken aback at the idea of people complaining about this. DC puts out Absolute editions of their best stories and people laud them; Marvel puts out a huge hardcover edition of one of their best creative runs and people complain. Talk about your double-standards. So long as it's no more than $60 and oversized, I'd definitely buy it. 27 issues, plus extras, all in one hardcover is pretty goddamn sweet.

I have all the issues, and I'm so buying this.

Exactly. Any hardcover, trade, omnibus, digest or even single issue comic is a way to make money. To ***** about this, is to ***** about everything in one lump sum.

"Oh my God, Marvel's putting out a Planet Hulk trade, they're just trying to cash in on Hulk!"

I have all the issues, and I'm so buying this.
I'm seriously considering it myself. Whether it's oversized or not will probably be my deciding factor. A hardcover at normal scale is useless since I own all the issues, but an oversized hardcover would allow me to gape at Epting and Perkins' artwork that much more.

Actually, this isn't so bad an idea. The trend of collection goes like this:

Trades = 4-6 issues
Hardcovers = 10-12 issues
"Omnibus" = 24-26 issues.

It works like this for INVINCIBLE and elsewhere.

Quite frankly, the biggest stumbling block for me not giving Bru's Cap a try, besides the fact that I usually don't care to read a Cap solo and because if I liked it, I would have to write some 1,000 word retraction of every negative Bru comment I ever made and become a SHH laughing stock for daring to admit fault or change my mind (rarities on message boards), it has been that I would have to pay almost $50 and chase down a few trades in various stores.

Having all that available in one tome for one purchase will make it easier to find, collect, and read. And by the time it comes out, another trade of the last few issues (#26-30) will be on the way. The first 25 issues plus the one-shots for those who like this run have been called it's peak, much like many see the first two years of Invincible as the maker, so why not release it all together? I usually grasp at straws to complain about Marvel, but not this time.

It will be overpriced. But most Omnibus' are. You have to pay for the convience of 25-27 issues worth of material in one book. Life sucks like that.

I actually swear and promise that if Dread read Bru's Cap run and liked it, I wouldn't make fun of him.

I'll get on that, only jumped onto Cap at 24 kind of a bit late. Really want to read what everyone has been loving.

Actually, this isn't so bad an idea. The trend of collection goes like this:

Trades = 4-6 issues
Hardcovers = 10-12 issues
"Omnibus" = 24-26 issues.

It works like this for INVINCIBLE and elsewhere.

Quite frankly, the biggest stumbling block for me not giving Bru's Cap a try, besides the fact that I usually don't care to read a Cap solo and because if I liked it, I would have to write some 1,000 word retraction of every negative Bru comment I ever made and become a SHH laughing stock for daring to admit fault or change my mind (rarities on message boards), it has been that I would have to pay almost $50 and chase down a few trades in various stores.

Having all that available in one tome for one purchase will make it easier to find, collect, and read. And by the time it comes out, another trade of the last few issues (#26-30) will be on the way. The first 25 issues plus the one-shots for those who like this run have been called it's peak, much like many see the first two years of Invincible as the maker, so why not release it all together? I usually grasp at straws to complain about Marvel, but not this time.

It will be overpriced. But most Omnibus' are. You have to pay for the convience of 25-27 issues worth of material in one book. Life sucks like that.

Ego aside, you should try the book. It's a phenomenal run, probably the best a Captain America solo book has ever been. You know this. Everyone's told you this a million times, myself included.

I swallowed my pride and gave Invincible a go, after the positive spin you an others have given it. Six months ago, I would have never thought Image could be capable of anything other than crap. That changed pretty quick, and I admit I was dead wrong.

Dread's not reading Cap?Oh my.

Might* pick this up,already got the first trade and all the singles since.Depending on whether I'm thru picking up all my desired trades at the moment.

It depends on how much they're asking. If it's relatively cheap, (like around 40 bucks) I'm totally buying it.

You can probably get it for that price on Amazon.

I actually swear and promise that if Dread read Bru's Cap run and liked it, I wouldn't make fun of him.
I promise that as well.

I have all these issues already (except the House of M tie-in), and yet I see myself buying the Omnibus anyway. Ugh.

You can probably get it for that price on Amazon.

I don't know, a lot of stuff they used to offer extreme discounts on have gone up to full price recently. I wouldn't be surprised if they were asking like seventy bucks for it.

I have the entire run in single issues but even at that price I'm still tempted...I haven't made up my mind yet...

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"