Capturing Movie Stills For Manips

OperationStupid

Civilian
Reaction score
Could someone please tell me of a free or cheap program that I could download or purchase so that I could get high quality still frames from my dvds? I see them on peoples fansites. Like the sites dedicated to certain actors that will have a bunch of stills from all of there movies. I really need some help here. They are for some manips I want to do and either can't find the image somewhere or it's not the right frame. Any help would be very appreciated.

Download Windows media classic. It has a file/save image option.

Thanks bubba! Very much appriciate it. Wanna get started on some Batman and other manips. I hope it works on dvds. I'll check it out right now.

UH... just press the Print Screen button. It'll take a high quality screen shot.

JUST USE PRINT SCREEN! THE BUTTON IS ON YOUR KEYBOARD DAMMIT!

:cmad:

Yes Print Screen will give you what most of the sites you are talking about do. Simply hit the print screen button, then go to paint, and go to edit then hit paste and go from there. It may not be HQ, but it will pretty much do what you want for free.

Um, it will be in whatever quality your screen displays. If you want to save it in HQ then save it in photoshop or the gimp. Paint will paste it fine but it will save horrible unless you save as a png

Nope, some DVD programs have copyright protection so you can't print screen. Copying and pasting simply doesn't work.

Btw, did it work out for you, OperationStupid?

VLC is the way to go

VLC works better because then print screening because it looses quality as you enter it in paint. VLC on the otherhand, saves the frame, on the fly, as a jpg or png in it's native resolution.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"