cast a movie based directly on the Bob Kane 1939 Batman

bdsproductions

Forever guarding Gotham
Reaction score
Batman/Bruce Wayne Eric Bana:

eric%20bana%20the%20hulkOrig.jpg

NOTE:Bale would be better but too pick someone diffrent for this version.

The Joker Paul Bettany:

Paul_Bettany_som_den_95774c.jpg

he IS the Joker even the 30's version.

Hugo Strange:John Malcakvich

john-malkovich02.jpg

add more characters if you like.

How about trying to cast it with actual actors from the 40's as if the movie was itself made then? The only ones I can think of offhand would be like Richard Widmark as the Joker, Edward G. Robinson as Penguin. Can't think of who would play Batman. Any ideas?

Gregory Peck as Bruce Wayne/The Bat-Man and Conrad Veidt as The Joker.

Jack Nicholson .... Joker/Jack Napier
Michael Keaton .... Batman/Bruce Wayne
Kim Basinger .... Vicki Vale
Robert Wuhl .... Alexander Knox
Pat Hingle .... Commissioner Gordon
Billy Dee Williams .... Harvey Dent
Michael Gough .... Alfred
Jack Palance .... Grissom
Jerry Hall .... Alicia
Tracey Walter .... Bob the Goon
Lee Wallace .... The Mayor

etc.

Cast a Batman movie based on the Finger and Kane Batman. In the Finger and Kane era? That's easy.
Batman and Robin: Lewis Wilson and Douglas Croft (from the Batman 1943 serial).
Alfred: William Austin (from the 1943 serial. Alfred was redone in the comics to look like William Austin).
Gordon: Charles Ruggles
Linda Page: Shirley Patterson (from the 1943 serial).
Unknown killer: Richard Widmark
Boss Zucco: Edward G. Robinson
Joker: Richard Widmark
Penguin: Maurice Gosfield
Cast the Bill Finger/Bob Kane Batman in the Modern era? The Burton films are based on the original Finger and Kane Batman.

Last edited:
Joan Crawford would have made a great Julie Madison.
JoanCrawford.jpg
juliemadison-tec31.jpg

HarleenQuinzel said:
Joan Crawford would have made a great Julie Madison.
JoanCrawford.jpg
juliemadison-tec31.jpg
"I ADVISE AN OCEAN VOYAGE!" - said Dr. Trent.
LOL!
Don't you love this early Kane/Finger Batman comics?

What kind of doctor prescribes a friggen' cruise, or better yet "Ocean Voyage"? LOL.

On the next page, Bruce notices Dr. Trent's staring eyes as the Doctor talks..."Yes, yes-An ocean voyage to Paris..And perhaps, later, to Hungary-The land of history and werewolves."
batmandoctor.jpg

After they leave Dr. Trent's office Bruce says to Julie "He seemed hypnotized himself, when he gave you that advice. But maybe I'm imagining things." He lets Julie go and follows her in his new Batgyro (the Batplane prototype), a combination plane/helicopter, leting his freak flag fly as the Batman. His other new toy, "weapon", is the Batarang.
batgyro.jpg

It's all in here!:
How Batman really began:
2711_400x600.jpg

theMan-Bat said:
On the next page, Bruce notices Dr. Trent's staring eyes as the Doctor talks..."Yes, yes-An ocean voyage to Paris..And perhaps, later, to Hungary-The land of history and werewolves." After they leave Dr. Trent's office Bruce says to Julie "He seemed hypnotized himself, when he gave you that advice. But maybe I'm imagining things." He lets Julie go and follows her in his new Batgyro (the Batplane prototype), a combination plane/helicopter, leting his freak flag fly as the Batman. His other new toy, "weapon", is the Batarang.
batgyro.jpg

It's all in here!:
2711_400x600.jpg

how hard is it to find that book?.

Margaret Lindsay would have been perfect as Catwoman.
kanecatwoman.jpg

Last edited:
"QUIET OR PAPA SPANK!"
lol, one of the best lines. ever.

batmaluco said:
"QUIET OR PAPA SPANK!"
lol, one of the best lines. ever.

i'd glady too it to Pheffer version..........oh right.

theMan-Bat said:

Thats... that's fake right? Is that a manip? Because if it's not, I've never seen anything cooler.

Katsuro said:
Thats... that's fake right? Is that a manip? Because if it's not, I've never seen anything cooler.

That's real! From Batman #1 (1940) by the creators Bill Finger and Bob Kane. Not a manip.
It's in the BATMAN: CHRONICLES VOL. 1.

Katsuro said:

It's real. Before the time when Batman was girlizated forever.

Batman: The Dark Knight (1956)
*To give the comics some time lol*

Bruce Wayne/Batman: Gregory Peck

Alfred Pennyworth: William Austin

Det. Jim Gordon: Donald Pleasence

The Joker: Conrad Veidt
http://images.google.com/imgres?img...onrad+Veidt+&svnum=10&hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&sa=X

Ms.Selina Kyle (Catwomen in Sequel): Jane Russel

Asst. D.A. Rachel Dawes: Ingrid Burman

D.A.Harvey Dent (TwoFace in sequel): Humphrey Bogart

I absolutely love casting this movie in the old era. I actually believe that a Batman movie back then done right might have kicked major butt. Might have even been scary lol.

Gregory Peck i have seen is an odds on favorite, or well one of the few that everyone believes would had been Batman. William Austin was the actor Alfred was loosely based off of, so he would had beena good fit.

Donald Pleasence as Gordon may baffle some people, but he was a great actor i have heard back in the day, so imagine Dr.Loomis from Halloween, only 40 years before lol.

Conrad Veidt, lol this guy is where the Joker came from. "The Man Who Laughs" was his movie, inspired Bob Kane and come on, look at him and tell me he aint got Joker all over him, a scary ass Joker. On the scene, killing people on all sides, mob/police/civilians.

Bogart was the man back then, but not to many villian roles which is what the role of Dent would had called for in a sequel. I would had loved to see this. Dent just came in after old D.A. is killed off by CobblePott. He teams with Gordon/Batman to take down CobblePott and this new mysterious killer, The Joker.

Ingrid and Jane in their respective women leads do well. They were the hott babes around this time. Selina just moved to town, connects with Bruce but is mysterious. Rachel is Bruce's true love, so it conflicts.

Price in a small role as Riddler would had kicked some ass. Price is a great mysertious actor and has the chops to do this role. Nygema would work for CobblePott, but has his own agenda to mess with Det.Gordon, who busted him a while ago on something, and now has a beef with Batman. The riddles begin.

Orson as Penguin is great! He would play The Falcone in this movie, controling everything in the underworld until Batman comes into the scene.

Most of the plot that i could see is already described in each person's casting paragraph. Riddler would be caught and put to jail. Most of CobblePott's mob is dispatched by The Joker and Batman. Joker is caught after the climax with Batman and sent away. This could set a sequel up with CobblePott scaring Dent with acid to avoid trial. The city goes into a frenzy with corruption and a huge Mob War after CobblePott is killed by Dent/TwoFace.
Also, Selina Kyle is revealed to be a bank robber know as "Catwoman" and is now into the fold.

Overall this movie would rock lol. The cast is great. Joker would be the ultimate nemesis and the climax would be great. The set up for a sequel would rock too.

Here's the two pictures i couldnt add to that topic.

Oswald "The Penguin" CobblePott: Orson Wells
CH-Evil-New-Wells.jpg

Dr.Edward Nygema/The Riddler: Vincent Price
12m.jpg

Asst. D.A. Rachel Dawes is not in the Bob Kane Batman comics! Rachel Dawes was created in the Batman Begins movie. Dan DiDio will probably add her to the comics Post-Infinity Crisis like Begins Joe Chill, Begins Ra's training Batman, and everything else in the Begins movie, throwing out Batman's real history for the new movie version. Asst. D.A. Rachel Dawes is not in the Bob Kane Batman comics: Batman's real beginnings. Actress Julie Madison, jewel thief Catwoman and nurse Linda Page were his women.

Here'd be my cas. The film would be made around the mid 1940s', and directed by Hitchcock.

Batman / Bruce Wayne - Gregory Peck, the obvious and perfect choice.
gp.jpg

Alfred Pennyworth - William Austin
it.jpg

Jim Gordon - Henry Fonda
henry.jpg

The Joker - Richard Widmark
Widmark.JPG

Harvey Dent / Two-Face - Dana Andrews
b001_dana.jpg

Catwoman / Selina Kyle - Gene Tierney
gene7.jpg

The Penguin / Oswald Cobblepot - Edward G. Robinson. Like Peck, I can't think of any actor who could do a better job.
ed_g.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"