Sequels Cast the Captain Marvel sequels

BobJM

Uncle Charlie
Reaction score
Which characters would you like to see in future Captain Marvel adventures? Past, or present-day? Cosmic, or Earthbound? Share your ideas!

I personally would like to avoid sequels that are set in the past / pre- her arrival in Endgame. It's a bit tedious if all female-driven superhero franchises are stuck in the past (Wonder Woman, Black Widow). That being said, nothing wrong with a flashback or two :cwink:. And I think Carol should very much split her time between Earth and space--too many interesting characters on both frontiers; none of them should be left behind!

Captain Marvel Saga
directed by Anna Boden & Ryan Fleck

heroes.
Carol Danvers - Brie Larson, 29
640_captain_marvel_2019_02_10_14_52_18.jpg

Maria Rambeau - Lashana Lynch, 31 (use some reverse-Disney aging technology, so she's in her 50-60s)
Lashana-Lynch-Captain-Marvel-2-e1536357263131.jpg

Rhodes / War Machine - Don Cheadle, 54
9d0121f3dd94dd545652fef3c9101e3404cd40b4.jpg

kree.
Yon-Rogg - Jude Law, 46
Captain-Marvel-Jude-Law-Marvel.jpg

Ronan - Lee Pace, 39
61435dcc2336c9c1185c3306d0ef957ff8153405.jpg

s.w.o.r.d.
Abigail Brand - Kate Beckinsale, 45
Kate-Beckinsale-The-Widow-trailer-screenshot-600x376.jpg

Monica Rambeau - KiKi Layne, 27
beale-street-could-talk-header.jpg

Henry Gyrich - Brian Geraghty, 43
latest

shi'ar.
Empress Lilandra - Winona Ryder, 47
Winona-Ryder.jpg

Deathbird - Alicia Vikander, 30
Tomb-Raider-Alicia-Vikander.jpg

Gladiator - Tom Hooper, 34
11-8.jpg

villains.
Kang - Ryan Gosling, 38
103896-1532336916.jpg

Korvac - Matthew McConaughey, 49
true-detective_ou3lgd.jpg

Queen Veranke - Bryce Dallas Howard, 38
jurassic-world_0.jpg

Dr. Karla Sofen / Moonstone - Betty Gilpin, 32
glow-season-2-spoilers-betty-gilpin.jpg

Last edited:
Vanessa Kirby - Jessica Drew

kecP68m.jpg

I like your picks for the Shi'ar but...

RzqreJd.jpg

Ricky Whittle - Gladiator

The Brood Queen - Diane Wiest

Veranke - Sigrid Thornton

I like this cast a whole lot but for Moonstone I would go with Natalie Dormer but love Vanessa Kirby as Jessica Drew

See the real one to cast is Kamala Khan. Going to be tricky to find the right actress

See the real one to cast is Kamala Khan. Going to be tricky to find the right actress

I wouldn't be so sure Khan is a given for a sequel. Given a cosmic setting, how do you work her in there? I think characters like say Phyla-Vell/Quasar, Moondragon or other female space based heroes are more likely.

In fact I kinda think that should be a feature of the CM franchise. For a bit I thought CM could be used to introduce Nova in some way. You could come up with any type of story that would include Carol in the process, say... She arrives on Xandar and they use her as a template for the powered Nova Corp. They splice her genes into another human, Rich Ryder or Sam, take your pick, and then suddenly you got Carol as a mentor figure to a younger cosmic hero.

But then I thought... Why not make CM films stand out and use her to intro a variety of female heroes instead? We don't see that too often. I was hoping that's what Star Trek Discovery would be about, a female protagonist learning from an older female mentor... But Discovery took a left turn on that concept literally in the first two episodes. Carol could be used in a way that not only expands the cosmic side of the MCU but she could be used to expand the diversity of the universe as a whole.

Which again is why I find Kamala showing up in CM2 unlikely at this point. She's a good character but you need her to be on Earth and I suspect Carol's adventures among the stars is what the solo CM films are gonna be about.

That said... Kamala could show up in the modern day in the AVENGERS films with Carol on the roster in a post 2019 MCU.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"